Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What will future spacesuits look like?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MAX

MAX

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
As humanity enters its interstellar age we will inevitably have to reveal ourselves to other species, my question is what will we wear when meeting them? High tech space suits or uniforms over high tech bodies?

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

I'd like to see it as thick as clothes with total flexibility.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

depends on the situation. If meeting in a corn field in Montana then I'd say formal attire would be appropriate. In the vacuum of space, I imagine something like the next gen suit prototypes where it's a insulated wet suit with a weave of reinforcment straps at flexible points mixed with hard plate exoskeleton like parts similar to sections of knights armor. It might actually be similar to the space suits used in some of the star trek movies... not the reboot trek ones. Posted Image

if meeting on a ship or station and atmosphere is the same for both sides, formal attire. If atmosphere needs differ and it's our ship then formal attire through an airlock with thick glass viewing window. If on their ship/station some variation of our the above space suit adjusted for atmosphere of whatever type they have.

really the biggest areas of needed change in a suit are feild of visibility by turniing head, full range of motion with arms, avoiding the michilin man balloon arms problem with pressure variance between inside and outside, and manual dexterity with inflatable gloves on.

so helmet and arms are the big spots of need. The Next gen suits are also addressing torso flex and leg agility in similar ways.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

We may not even need them. 

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

http://www.geekosyst...ct-space-suits/

Larvae are already using nanosuits to survive in a vacuum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users