Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sci fi films and tv shows

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon
Post anything that interests you, news relating to latest movie releases, exciting new sci fi tv shows and even sci fi art you came across.

have fun :)

Will, Alonzo and few other m8s and I went to see few movies this year.

In March we went to see Battle Los Angeles
April we went to see Ray Kurtzwell - Transcendent Man
May we went to see X-men First class, well I did with few m8s

Transcendent Man 6.5/10
Posted Image

Battle Los Angeles 6.5/10
Posted Image

X-men First Class 7/10
Posted Image
It's dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
I highly suggest you all watch the Man From Earth. My favorite movie of all time!!!!! Nothing comes close.

It's not new (2007) just not that many people have seen it.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
Posted Image

The Transcendent Man wasn't at my local Cinema so didn't watch it, Wish i could of though.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon
Will, has some pics from the event, we had best seats btw :D
They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Sounded you had a great Day/Night.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

You can find movies easily on torrent sharing sites. Just saying.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

I'll have a look on there when i'm not busy which i would think would be Monday.

Stephen Hawking

Sorok

Sorok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationQuebec
I would love to see a remake of Buck Rogers. I think the show could be really cool with today's CGI and special effects
"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future"

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

I would love to see a remake of Buck Rogers.

I think the show could be really cool with today's CGI and special effects

I watched that from time to time when it used to be on years back.

Stephen Hawking

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon

I would love to see a remake of Buck Rogers.

I think the show could be really cool with today's CGI and special effects

there are plans for a feature film, slotted for 2014 or 2015, not sure now, look it up on the net.

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon
Battleship - Global Teaser Trailer --- judging by this trailer might be shite, not sure!??

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Will, has some pics from the event, we had best seats btw Posted Image

I'll have a look on there when i'm not busy which i would think would be Monday.

Just watched it, Very Interesting Film about todays tech and what the future holds.

Stephen Hawking

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow

Battleship - Global Teaser Trailer --- judging by this trailer might be shite, not sure!??

Looks utterly shitty to me.
  • eacao likes this
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
Anybody watch eureka or torchwood or doctor who?

mic of orion

mic of orion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Locationlondon
^^ watch Eureka and Fringe. Dr who and Trochwood, not my coup of tea,

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
Forgot about fringe!!!!!!!!!

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
I watch Eureka. Great show. My Dad and didn't start watching it until recently, but we've caught up with some DVD sets that an Uncle of mine lent us, so we're caught up to Season 3 and we're in the process of 3.5. I find it very similar to Star Trek in terms of the charm, humour and lightheartedness. Another show I can recommend is Being Erica. I'd consider it Sci-Fi lite, with shades of Quantum Leap, wherein a 30something woman has problems with her life and ends up meeting a therapist with the ability to have her jump back into time to see how things would turn out with different deicisions. It's incredibly well-written show with a lot of heart. For anyone who's not Canadian, it can be found on Hulu.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

samchn07

samchn07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i just watched the wrong turn 4 & puss in boots , happily i can explain about the both movies one is horror and comedy ..just made me excited in there while watching!

Edited by samchn07, 13 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Things to look out for in 2012 sf-wise:
  • Prometheus - Ridley Scott returns tu gentre after 30 years. And it's a prequel to Alien, but it's said it's gonna stand on it's own, with just little setup for Alien in last minutes. We should get trailer soon. I'll be honest. I love that creator of Alien and Blade Runner makes SF movie, but it's lights up my "Erich von Daniken" and "in-your-face symbolism" alerts. So while I hate ancient aliens bullshit, it's stil Ridley Scott.
  • Cloud Atlas - Wachowski Brothers Siblings, adapt book with quite interesting structure, six nested stories, spanning from middle of XIX century, through present, to near future and distant, post-apocalyptic future.
  • Gravity - Survival thriller. Two astronauts are stuck on Earth's orbit, after serious accident on return shuttle. It should be amazing in terms of visuals, and also it's deemed to be incredibly scientifically accurate. I intend to read script today.
  • Lockout - Well it's on far opposite site of Gravity. Pure fun, with Guy Pearce saving president's daughter, from maximum security prison overtaken by prisoners. In space. :D Check out trailer.
I left out John Carter since it's not SF, but adaptation of 100 year old book about adventure on Mars. No actual science included :)

Edited by Craven, 16 December 2011 - 12:48 PM.

"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
HOBBIT Trailer Released in the Wild:

And it looks amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users