Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plan B

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

qfeys

qfeys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Yesterday, I found this: http://www.rollingst...w-math-20120719

It sums up some numbers about the climate change:

• 2°C: The maximal rise in temperature for most politicians. When it will become warmer than that, no costs should be spared to reverse it. Note than we are now at 0.8°C rise already. Also note that most scientists think that a raise of more than 1°C is risky.
  • 500 gigaton CO2: The maximal CO2 we can pollute before we reach the 2°C milestone.
  • 2500 gigaton CO2: The amount of CO2 that will be produced if all fossil fuels that are now planned and ready to be dug up will be burned. (this is about trillions of dollars.)

​In other words: the climate is basically f*****, despite all our good intentions.

My question to you guys: does anybody know a plan B?

EDIT: wrote mega instead of giga.

Edited by qfeys, 22 June 2013 - 07:47 PM.

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

Cloud seeding. Carbon Sequestration. Algae seeding. The list goes on. 

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

Plan B: Stop electing brain dead politicians to lead our country and put someone who knows what they're doing in power. But of course, that will never happen.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

How about exploding half of our nuclear arms within the stratosphere! That would block some of the solar flex from making it to the surface=a long term cooling of the planet. ;)

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Yes, but then a huge amount of nuclear radiation would rain down on the world.

Edited by CLB, 27 June 2013 - 07:05 AM.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users