Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you think men will ever be able to have babies?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Do you think that it will ever be possible for men to have babies (including having them grow inside of them), for instance, through a uterus transplant and whatever other changes that are necessary in a man's body for this to occur? If so, when? For the record, this is a legitimate futuristic question, it is not sexual in any way, and I also tried my best to phrase it in the most politically correct way that I could think of this time around.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

The idea sounds really strange to me

Posted Image

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

Haha that movie was awesome Ufo!

I believe we'll have artificial wombs before men are able to have babies. I think we'll move away from people themselves having babies naturally, it is quite a risky experience when you think about it & very taxing on the body. I'm sure it will eventually be possible, but I don't think it will be something tried by many. 

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I imagine something like "Why did I do this?" would be running through their head a lot.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Yeah I also agree with Ewan. we will artificial wombs before we invent a way to bear a child in men. Furthermore, there are other biological problems associated with men pregnancy. Where is the space for this ? how men can generate milk? and many other things... it is way too problematic. if some women do not want o bear a child than the answer is to create an external artificial womb

Posted Image

Posted Image

I see this happening by the end of this century.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,033 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

^ Damn that looks alien and inhuman.

I love it.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Read this article from 1999.

Posted Image

http://partners.nyti.../m2/angier.html

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
I imagine something like "Why did I do this?" would be running through their head a lot.

Many of them would do this in order to fully understand what pregnancy feels like.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
Yeah I also agree with Ewan. we will artificial wombs before we invent a way to bear a child in men. Furthermore, there are other biological problems associated with men pregnancy. Where is the space for this ? how men can generate milk? and many other things... it is way too problematic. if some women do not want to bear a child than the answer is to create an external artificial womb

In regards to space, some organs/body parts inside the man's body might need to be moved around and/or rearranged to make room for this uterus. Also, as for breast milk, one can buy that at some stores, or hire a wetnurse to breastfeed this baby.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

No

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

I think within 10 years two men will be able to have a child that is genetically both of their child. There is already experiments being done with creating artificial eggs from male genes, that will allow two men to have children. I think 10-20 years until we perfected gender surgery to the point where a man is no different than a woman and can carry a child. I do think we will have artificial wombs before then but I am not sure.

As for milk, men can already lactate. Many claim you can do it just with mind power and wanting to lactate and over time you will, though failing that a hormone injection will make you lactate. So that isn't a real issue.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
No

Why not?

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
In the words of Frankie Boyle; "The good news is you've delivered a healthy baby, the bad news is you've blown your cock off." Seriously... what's the point? This is why they have surrogate mothers, IVF, and cloning should it ever become legal. Male pregnancy would be horrible and needless.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
1. In the words of Frankie Boyle; "The good news is you've delivered a healthy baby, the bad news is you've blown your cock off." 2. Seriously... what's the point? This is why they have surrogate mothers, IVF, and cloning should it ever become legal. Male pregnancy would be horrible and needless.

1. What if a man does not care much for his cock?

2. The point would be for people who were born biologically male (but who want to be women) to feel much more like women if they want to.

Edited by Futurist, 30 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

oh come on this can not be real...

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
oh come on this can not be real...

What can't be real? There are some biological men who want to become biological women (or as close to biological women as possible).

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

It is entirely normal for people to have those sort of thoughts, and I suspect it will happy fairly soon. Within the next 20 years most likely. What I am curious about, is if they will have virtual reality before then or not. I would think that experiencing being a woman and having a child in virtual reality is probably easier on people, than going through a lot of physical changes. At least for people who are more curious at first, rather than strongly committed to the idea.

Though eventually(next 30-50 years) I think we will get to the point were gender reassignment will be easy enough that a person could switch back and forth, and it isn't going to be as big of a deal. So you can switch genders at whim. By then we might not even have entirely human genders, and I suppose some might not even have a gender.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
There is honestly no point at all to this. If men want babies, they shouldn't give birth, they should use either a surrogate mother or cloning. Developing this would be a huge waste of time and money. Completely and utterly pointless.

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

I agree that the future of humanity doesn't lie in viviparous breeding, but rather artificial wombs and whatnot. The only argument that speaks in favour of this is equality: There are some men that want to share this special mother-child-bond that happens during pregnancy without being a woman. The question is if this group is large enough to represent a viable demand, so that such a development wouldn't be completely pointless. I am still undecided, personally, but I tend to see it as rather unnecessary.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
The money would be better spent on things like researching cures for illnesses and diseased, not letting someone go through an unnecessary, unnatural and possibly dangerous and certainly completely pointless pregnancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users