Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you think that within this century the human kind will land on every planets of the solar system?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Discuss

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted Image

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • 13,326 posts

No,

Maybe Mars

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
Considering four of the planets are made up of gas, this would be impossible. I think Mars will be landed on, but no others for at least a couple of hundred years.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Margherita Hack a few days before she died she said that before 2100 we will travel all over the solar system and maybe a bit far out from it. that's why I was asking.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland, The Celtic Federation, 15th September, 2245 C.E.
Considering four of the planets are made up of gas, this would be impossible. I think Mars will be landed on, but no others for at least a couple of hundred years.

No, Maybe only one planet Mars in Mid/Late 2050's but the others minus Mercury will take at least 150-200 years and I think we'll achieve walking on all planets in the solar system by around 2150-2200.

Edited by Time_Traveller, 02 July 2013 - 02:53 PM.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland, The Celtic Federation, 15th September, 2245 C.E.

I agree with FutureofToday, I think we will land/walk on all planets but for at least 150-200 years or so until 2150-2200 except for Mercury. (Blooming double post, Please delete this one Wj)

Edited by Time_Traveller, 02 July 2013 - 02:52 PM.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

I don't think so, Ufo. Still hoping on life extension to be able to see it when it's possible though. (Estimate: About 150-200 years)

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Lol i was about to say the same thing, alot of the planets are made of gas!!! But I think it'll mainly be just mars, since that is the only planet that's feasible to land on. Venus is, i believe, 876 degrees F!!!. Mercury even hotter!

Remember that the timeline says within this century machine intelligence may pass human intelligence. So why send a man to a planet / foreign moon when we can send AI Robots instead? They'd do a better job anyways and they wouldnt have to eat or sleep; so that way you can make the shuttle smaller and more efficient.  Mars will be done certainly, but remember that saturns moons are moons not planets. 

Edited by Squillimy, 02 July 2013 - 05:07 PM.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

No, only on Mars (probably between 2025 and 2050).

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

I am pretty optimistic when it comes to pretty much everything, but I don't really think so either. I think we will be on mars for sure, and we might be mining Jupiter for helium 3, and we will likely be on several asteroids and mining them as well. It is possible we might be on several moons of other planets, but for the most part there isn't a really a reason for a man mission to most of the planets.

I think we will have the technology to do it by then, just not the incentive. There may possibly be some sort of probe on ever planet though(even the gas giants), studying them.

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Mars most likely. Maybe Venus later on. I think we'll need a couple centuries to explore the solar system properly. Not taking in account whatever a superintelligent AI may come up with, obviously.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
There is that research lab that they're planning on building on Mercury that they'd built on tracks, so that it travels around the planet and always stays in the place that is of a survivable temperature for humans, since Mercury days would fry humans, and the nights would freeze them. I think they're expecting this to be built around the 23rd or 24th centuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users