Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do you think flash is dead?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Do you think Adobe flash is dead? Is Flash still a good website format?  The main disadvantages are not being able to be played on iPhones/ipads, but yet as iOS diminishes as the #1 operating system do you think flash will still be good within 5 years?

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ

The GS3 and Iphone 5 have flash. Flash player is actually spreading (you can download it on the wii U). However, it is getting much opposition because of its near monopoly status. There is very little opposition to adobe shockwave, and most computers automatically run it. If flash has problems it creates a huge wave across the advanced world and many are starting to notice. There are anti-flash groups forming all over the internet. 

now-2020             Flash will gain many competitors but will continue to reign supreme

2020-until             Internet files that use flash as a base will start to be replaced anyway. 

Omega point or extinction.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States
The GS3 and Iphone 5 have flash. Flash player is actually spreading (you can download it on the wii U). However, it is getting much opposition because of its near monopoly status. There is very little opposition to adobe shockwave, and most computers automatically run it. If flash has problems it creates a huge wave across the advanced world and many are starting to notice. There are anti-flash groups forming all over the internet. 

now-2020             Flash will gain many competitors but will continue to reign supreme

2020-until             Internet files that use flash as a base will start to be replaced anyway. 

What do you think of flash-based websites? Websites built on flash

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ

Its a mistake to build a website based on company's set of materials, but they are the future as fiber optic spreads. Those sites simply look better, but the problem is not every person has the internet capability to run them (yet). 

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
^The iPhone 5 does not have Flash, nor does any other iOS device. I use an iPad, which obviously as an iOS device does not have Flash, and it's very rare that I actually need Flash, since most websites have mobile and/or tablet versions which can do the exact same thing as Flash. Flash is just pointless and outdated now.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,778 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Is Flash dead? No.

Animator for a living, I do things other than gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube Newgrounds Website

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FutureOfToday" data-cid="55680" data-time="1373379691"><p> ^The iPhone 5 does not have Flash, nor does any other iOS device.<br /> <br /> I use an iPad, which obviously as an iOS device does not have Flash, and it's very rare that I actually need Flash, since most websites have mobile and/or tablet versions which can do the exact same thing as Flash. Flash is just pointless and outdated now.</p></blockquote> If you have ever watched a video on your ipad or iphone, even if its a mobile site, you are using flash. The mobile sites are generally using flash.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I don't think you understand what Flash is. iOS devices play videos on a format called H.264. Apple have made it public that no iOS device ever has, nor ever will support Flash.

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ
I wouldn't take apple at their word ever. They make a lot of untrue things public. When you open videos online, unless you use the iPhone's video player, the videos transmit through flash. I have a gs3 and when I use the video player or ES player I'm not using flash, but when I simply open a video without the player it ask for flash player. There are many sites that ask for on mobile which is why I downloaded it.

Edited by stuffed_leader, 10 July 2013 - 07:21 PM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I'm debating with myself as to whether I should even justify that drivel with a reply, but I shall. If a video online can be played only by Flash, then it will NOT play on an iPhone. If a video does play on an iPhone, then it does NOT use Flash. And this is a fact, because it is literally impossible to play anything Flash-based on an iPhone or any other iOS device, because they are not supported by these devices.

CLB

CLB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
You can't even get flash on a Jailbroken iPhone.

If something I say sounds like trolling/being stupid/offensive, please forgive me. I'm bad with people.

stuffed_leader

stuffed_leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Locationprescott, AZ
When did you get so hostile future? I said if you are not using the iphone video player then you are using flash to play the video. I never said your iphone or ipad was capable of playing a video that requires flash 10, was simply stating if you playing a video without the player you are using flash at that point in time. The point was that many sites (even mobile) still require it so it is not dead.

Edited by stuffed_leader, 12 July 2013 - 12:45 AM.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Ooh fight

I'm fairly confident flash is not used on iOS devices - if I were to view a flash website on an ipad or iphone it will not show up, if a flash website has a mobile version and has a sub domain with the mobile version, then automatically the device uses the mobile version.

I hope flash does not become dead, flash websites are so beautiful..

http://www.smashingm...flash-websites/

http://ge.ecomaginat.../#/landing_page

I think android and other operating systems are far more superior to iOS for this reason. iOS is such a restricted operating system. It's by far the most user friendly, but its heavily restricted in capabilities.

-Matthew

-Milton Friedman

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,214 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

Okay I tried not to do this but my willpower is only so strong:

No, I think he is alive and well on Mongo with Dale fighting against the Merciless Ming.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
When did you get so hostile future? I said if you are not using the iphone video player then you are using flash to play the video. I never said your iphone or ipad was capable of playing a video that requires flash 10, was simply stating if you playing a video without the player you are using flash at that point in time. The point was that many sites (even mobile) still require it so it is not dead.
You are never using Flash on an iOS device, because you CAN'T use Flash on an iOS device, and that's as much as there is to it.

Jake Epping

Jake Epping

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It appears that some people in this conversation think HTML 5 is flash. 

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
I think that might be the problem we have, lol!

Thaizasaskand

Thaizasaskand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

You can't get Flash on an iOS device, but you can get this: http://www.theregist...0/flash_iphone/. Perhaps this was what he was referring to?

Edited by Thaizasaskand, 15 July 2013 - 04:49 PM.

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Adobe Flash is dead.

1. WHEN IS THE FLASH PLAYER END-OF-LIFE (EOL)?

Adobe stopped supporting Flash Player beginning December 31, 2020 (“EOL Date”), as previously announced in July 2017.

https://www.adobe.co...nd-of-life.html

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,214 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.

RIP

the-flash-lede-1300x650.jpg

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users