Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Minor question about future writing of lifespans

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Right now, we record lifespans like this: for instance, Jiroemon Kimura's lifespan would be written as (April 19, 1897 - June 12, 2013).

http://en.wikipedia....Jiroemon_Kimura

However, if/once people who are cryogenically preserved will get revived, how will we write their lifespans? For instance, if I get lucky with my lifespan but anti-aging technology is developed at a slower rate than some people here expect it to, would my lifespan be written as (July 1, 1992 - July 25, 2086, July 25, 2316 - present), if my death date would be July 25, 2086 and my revival date would be July 25, 2316, and the present would be the year 2317 or beyond?

Also, I sincerely apologize if this is a stupid question, but I am indeed very curious about this.

Edited by Futurist, 10 July 2013 - 01:08 AM.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just an easy one we all know :cool: . For the question, that's plausible. I mean the way things are written can always get changed.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

One idea I had was we would have a birth date, death date, and a revival date. So I could say I was born May 2nd, 1999, died October 30th 2094, and was revived January 23rd 2302

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,320 posts
One idea I had was we would have a birth date, death date, and a revival date. So I could say I was born May 2nd, 1999, died October 30th 2094, and was revived January 23rd 2302

It would suck to die on October 30th, 2094, just before the 2094 midterm elections here in the U.S. :( Will your heartbeat condition allow you to reach age 95? I seriously hope that it will, considering how incredibly intelligent and talented you are. :)

Edited by Futurist, 10 July 2013 - 04:50 AM.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

lol, so simple yet genius

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

It would suck to die on October 30th, 2094, just before the 2094 midterm elections here in the U.S. :( Will your heartbeat condition allow you to reach age 95? I seriously hope that it will, considering how incredibly intelligent and talented you are. :)

Yea I think so.. its not life threatening or too serious, just slightly a nuisance..

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,320 posts

Yea I think so.. its not life threatening or too serious, just slightly a nuisance..

OK good. :D

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Right now, we record lifespans like this: for instance, Jiroemon Kimura's lifespan would be written as (April 19, 1897 - June 12, 2013).

Yep, that would be his official lifespan. However, if he was born on March 19, 1897 rather than April 19 (as his family claims), his lifespan would be written like this: (March 19, 1897 – June 12, 2013).

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I think your idea is about right, to be honest. Birth date, death date, revival date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users