Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How many of you would like to return as children some time?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Do you think science will  give us this possibility one day? Imagine to delate temporary you adult memories and returning with the body side of a child again. Then when you reach your puberty, you implant againg your entire memories back.

what do you think of this? I think in a definite life prespective it could be done.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Italian Ufo, 14 July 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Smeargle

Smeargle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLuckiest city in the UK
I don't have to return to my childhood 'cause I'm already in it. But I'm sure such a technology will exist someday. With virtual reality and things, shouldn't be too difficult.

ARADIA: i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
I don't have to return to my childhood 'cause I'm already in it. But I'm sure such a technology will exist someday. With virtual reality and things, shouldn't be too difficult.

Wow how old are you?

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Wow how old are you?

He's 14.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,921 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I just bid my childhood goodbye (unless you count college as the end of childhood, at which point I'm just a month away from it), so going back to it wouldn't be too important for me at this present juncture.  I'd need a few more decades to realize I wasted my childhood and then a few more beyond that to use the VR tech that would realize my despair. 

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I'm already in childhood..

I'm EAGER to age faster and go to college and get a job. School is freaking easy

and I think adult life would be a LOT better.

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I would love it so much to have this experience again

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

The only reason I would want to experience it again (which, it is going to end in exactly one week on the 21st) is to see family friends again, maybe my dad when he wasn't a retard.

Unfortunately technology can't make my time travel back to then and re-live it.

So I would have to say no.  I will have to make better friends in the future to replace what I want back from my childhood.  I am totally content being independent and being allowed to do whatever I want, not age restricted. 

Seriously, what is it exactly you want out of reliving childhood?

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon
I'm already in childhood..

I'm EAGER to age faster and go to college and get a job. School is freaking easy

and I think adult life would be a LOT better.

Unless you know exactly what you want to do, and how to get there, working life really isn't that great. That being said, even if you know what you want to do there is no guarantee you will get there. 

My advice to anyone under 18... enjoy it while it lasts, adult life is very difficult in comparison. 

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

Lack of responsibility? Less things to worry about? Greater innocence / naivety? I suppose it is not like this for most people, but my parents were always extremely flexible & I could mostly do what I wanted to after around the age of 15. 

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Lack of responsibility? Less things to worry about? Greater innocence / naivety? I suppose it is not like this for most people, but my parents were always extremely flexible & I could mostly do what I wanted to after around the age of 15. 

Also the sense of wonder

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

In my opinion if you erase your memories, even temporarily, then you're not the same person. If you have a new body and keep none of your old memories, how can you be considered the same person? I would rephrase that question as "Would you like to merge your mind with the mind of a teenager?".

My collection of quotes
Spoiler

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts
In my opinion if you erase your memories, even temporarily, then you're not the same person. If you have a new body and keep none of your old memories, how can you be considered the same person? I would rephrase that question as "Would you like to merge your mind with the mind of a teenager?".

I think in the future the concept of person and individuality may change. in the sense that we may duplicate ourself and be in more than one place at the same time, we may also erase our memories for a while and then reintegrate them. But i am only theorizing.

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

I would do it but I wouldn't want to lose my memories. How does that saying go, something like, "Childhood is wasted on children."  The entire appeal of going back to your childhood is so that you can apply all the stuff you have learned.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I'd like to time travel and be in my actual body as it was when I was a child, so I can literally relive being a child. It would be amazing, lol!

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

This is an interesting premise. With advanced enough technology, why COULDN'T you wipe or block your memories, create a child body, and put your brain in it? 

This would be of interest to people who had bad childhoods and wanted a re-do. 

I think in the future the concept of person and individuality may change. in the sense that we may duplicate ourself and be in more than one place at the same time, we may also erase our memories for a while and then reintegrate them. But i am only theorizing.

I totally agree. I've also suggested in the past that posthumans could go on missions where they undergo temporary amnesia and plug into the Matrix (for lack of a better term) to play roles in ancestor simulations designed to improve our understanding of history (are we doing this right now?). Part of the appeal might be being able to have childhoods again and again. 

funkervogt

funkervogt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Maybe this will be an option for suicidal people. Sign your name at the bottom of the form, and have your memories and personality wiped and your brain inserted into a new child body, to be raised by adoptive parents screened for good character. 

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

I would like to go on a process of reverse-aging and body enhancements. The farthest that I would like to reverse age is probably 19 or 18, in the most extreme stretch i can see myself biologically reverse age to 15 or 16 but never younger than that. but then again, id be happy with a bioage of 19 or 20 for as long as technology allows. However i would like to keep my memories as it is and of course some other aesthetic, intelligence, performance and other health enhancements. I would still like to be viewed as a 100 year old person with a youthful body.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

The past year and a half has been hell, I'd be pretty happy to be 19 again. 16 would also be okay though the lack of freedom would probably get on my nerves. I don't think there are any other ages I'd like to return to.

Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

I'd like to go back the 90's ;) Get me the fucking hell out of the 2020. What a disappointment is the way I'd describe this decade to anyone ask in the 90's..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users