Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scientists use sound waves to levitate, manipulate matter

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

http://www.csmonitor...itor | Science)

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

... mother of god.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

OunknnownO

OunknnownO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

pointless in practical way. For theory it ok, but I don't see the usage for this in practice

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
pointless in practical way. For theory it ok, but I don't see the usage for this in practice

You don't see it, But maybe someone else does.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

It's cool for science, but in practice I don't see how it is substantial. It's fascinating though, and it might end up becoming something.

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
It's cool for science, but in practice I don't see how it is substantial. It's fascinating though, and it might end up becoming something.

Gunpowder seemed in impractical beyond entertainment, But then it was used for greater purposes like warfare.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,010 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Nice, except... haven't they been doing this for decades?

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

http://www.kurzweila...-acoustic-waves

“This method of moving levitated objects could have a wide range of possible applications,” says Foresti. The process of controlled movement can run in parallel with several objects, making it interesting for industrial applications.

For example, some biological and chemical experiments require particles or droplets of source material to be initially processed and then analyzed. With this technique, researchers can mix tiny amounts of substances and liquids in a step by step manner without any chemical changes arising due to contact with a surface.

What difference does it make?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,010 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Didn't some dude create an acoustic black hole a while ago?

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

Those rocks float because they're made of super conducting materials.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States
that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

I'm sure the artist really thought about the physics there..

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

It's called avatar wiki look it up.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States
that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

http://james-cameron...ki/User:Lunix68 I've been there before.

-Matthew

-Milton Friedman

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
that's one of my dreams

Posted Image

http://james-cameron...ki/User:Lunix68 I've been there before.

http://james-cameron...lujah_Mountains

"It is a room-temperature superconductor for energy"

http://james-cameron...wiki/Unobtanium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users