Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should the real threat of A Astroid be a defense issue?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Asteroids be treated as a defense issue? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Aseroids be a defense issue

1. YES (13 votes [92.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

2. NO (1 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

Should the real threat of an Asteroid be a defense issue? It would seem to me that Asteroids are a bigger threat to our nation then nuclear war(today), so it kind of makes sense to me that this would be a defense issue. As a defense issue it would be deserving of defense funding...

http://en.wikipedia....xtinction_event

The Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) extinction event,[a] formerly known as the Cretaceous–Tertiary (K–T) extinction,[b] was a mass extinction of some three-quarters of plant and animal species on Earth—including all non-avian dinosaurs—that occurred over a geologically short period of time 66 million years (Ma) ago

http://en.wikipedia....Asteroid_impact

Because they're a SERIOUS threat to the United states of America and the world...Shouldn't we be funding means to defend our self's from them???

Edited by Matthew, 26 July 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Of course, this should be a defense issue since it's about defending the welfare of humankind which can be potentially wiped out by an asteroid impacting our planet.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Considering what almost happened a few months back? Yeah!

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

A(n) asteroid Posted Image

And yes, it should.  Of course.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Yes, I don't think anybody will say "no"..

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

Why is it still tied to the 17 something billion of nasa? Should be getting a hunk of that 750 billion. ;)

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

I doubt there are people stupid enough to say "no"

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip