Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Weapons of the future?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
http://www.businessi...ed-2010-11?op=1

Will any of that stuff be possible or already is? Also do you have any other links of this stuff you know?

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Yes, all of those are possible now, except for the:

BioDesign Synthetic Organisms

That may come out probably by 2025-2030

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

ralfy

ralfy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

"I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth -- rocks!" - Albert Einstein

dreamer246

dreamer246

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

The only weapon we're going to be needing is nanobots.You could build every weapon that list and even make them 10 times better with nanobots.Nanobots are the perfect weapon.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
In the very unlikely circumstances of a Third World War (and I hope to god we'll never have one), I think the weapons would be so destructive that in the aftermath of the war, we'd have to completely rebuild the world, not just literally, but metaphorically, we will have lost what we had as a species, simply due to the destructive effects of future weapons which I'm sure will be developed.

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Mass destruction weapons are impractical. Post cold war weapons tendentially became more and more efficient, as in capable of taking out a target without the need to wipe whole cities off the map. I think that laser defensive systems to intercept and destroy missiles will be common (the US is going to begin using laser weapons in 2014, while other countries already use them), just as common as long range, sthealth missiles, with a lot of the work being done by fighter jets and drones. And chemical warfare is also an option. Chemical warfare may evolve into nano-warfare, maybe some nano scale toxins that could lead to the gray goo scenario. 

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
They might be, but they'll probably be one small country that always thinks they're a good idea...

Guyverman1990

Guyverman1990

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSlocan Park, BC
Mass destruction weapons are impractical. Post cold war weapons tendentially became more and more efficient, as in capable of taking out a target without the need to wipe whole cities off the map. I think that laser defensive systems to intercept and destroy missiles will be common (the US is going to begin using laser weapons in 2014, while other countries already use them), just as common as long range, sthealth missiles, with a lot of the work being done by fighter jets and drones. And chemical warfare is also an option. Chemical warfare may evolve into nano-warfare, maybe some nano scale toxins that could lead to the gray goo scenario. 

Could nanobots be used as weapons? It would be just as efficient a weapon and much more selective than traditional nukes and germ warfare. Such a weapon(s) could render the two obsolete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users