Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Achieving the "Impossible" - will we ever revive people who died before cryogenic preservation?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

UFG

UFG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Tipler's Omega Point occurs when the processing capability effectively becomes infinite, as the processors will be able to simulate every possible future before the universe ends - a state also known as "Aleph".

Within this environment, Tipler imagines that intelligent beings, human personalities, will be run as simulations within the system. As a result, after the Omega Point, humans will have omnipotence, able to see all of history and predict all of the future. Additionally, as all history becomes available, past personalities will be able to run as well. Within the simulation, this appears to be the dead rising

Tipler's books are very interesting and he makes a great case for future simulations, in space travel and eventually universal simulated histories. After all, your skeleton may be a simulation itself.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
Also, I think that our cognitive capacities are so extremely limited that we can't possible make any very accurate predictions when it comes to what the technology of hyperintelligent beings may accomplish ...

Sorry, I can't let this go any longer.  It's not just you.  I've been seeing this a lot lately.  Why do some people refuse to use adverbs, and simply use adjectives instead?  I just don't get it.  Is this an actual dialect?  Are you just lazy?  Was it a typo?  I don't think I've heard anyone talk that way, but I see it in writing all the time...

It was a typo. I actually noticed it immidiately after I made the post. Since it was just a small typo, and didn't change the meaning of the sentence in any way, I didn't see any need to correct it. To satisfy your offended mind, I'll correct it now. Live long and prosper.

don't feel bad. Jared loves to troll lol

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Jared

Jared

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Also, I think that our cognitive capacities are so extremely limited that we can't possible make any very accurate predictions when it comes to what the technology of hyperintelligent beings may accomplish ...

Sorry, I can't let this go any longer.  It's not just you.  I've been seeing this a lot lately.  Why do some people refuse to use adverbs, and simply use adjectives instead?  I just don't get it.  Is this an actual dialect?  Are you just lazy?  Was it a typo?  I don't think I've heard anyone talk that way, but I see it in writing all the time...

It was a typo. I actually noticed it immidiately after I made the post. Since it was just a small typo, and didn't change the meaning of the sentence in any way, I didn't see any need to correct it. To satisfy your offended mind, I'll correct it now. Live long and prosper.

don't feel bad. Jared loves to troll lol

Haters gonna hate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users