Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

We've been mentioned in the Daily Mail!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
Nice, now prepare for storm of trolls > :D

Yeah, although the article itself is very nice, I do hope that this won't attract the gaggle of retards that SG quoted.

Shinryuu

Shinryuu

Nyxist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationVoid
...clearly they haven't seen the dark side of our forums...

This?

Edited by mendeskt2, 22 August 2013 - 12:42 AM.

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

I hope Margaret Thatcher is reincarnated so I can have the liberty of kicking the shit out of her. Nah, JK, I'm not violent. Let her stay dead!

What a tasteless thing to say, but thats okay your "jk".
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
The best thing I like in the DailyMail article is this:

[quote]

"Separate research at FutureTimeline.net..."

Yup, we are resarchers, working at FutureTimeline labs...

Well see I think that is what tipped me off to what they actually mean. The actual time line. not the forums. The time line is an actual list compiled of potential scientific and technological breakthroughs assigned to the future by best analysis of available data from people working toward those goals of their prerequisites.

on top of that we often cite sources for our posts here, but when I saw some of the things the timeline research supposedly said it seemed like this site was addended as a secondary source and the reference may have simply been about the first group of experts they consulted and some creative language use was used to suggest that all of experts were talking about cherry picked data points for alarmist topics.

Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

José Andrade

José Andrade

Waiting for Immortality and FIVR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I saw it and i almost made a thread about it myself. I didn't read the comments at the time though. People are just...ridiculous.

• Kabe Ayofe likes this

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Saradus

Saradus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWales

This is a bit of a double-edged sword. The site will get more traffic, but the quality of that new traffic will be debatable :p

• Yuli Ban, Kabe Ayofe, Thaizasaskand and 1 other like this

All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. - T. E. Lawrence

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I hope Margaret Thatcher is reincarnated so I can have the liberty of kicking the shit out of her. Nah, JK, I'm not violent. Let her stay dead!

Please don't talk about tasteless...

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I'd rather sle*p with her instead, if you don't mind.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

I'm not familiar with the Daily Mail, is it something analogous to the UK's FOX News?

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois
I'm not familiar with the Daily Mail, is it something analogous to the UK's FOX News?

Yes.

What difference does it make?

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,374 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Please don't talk about tasteless...

I will when something is offensive tyvm. To say that about a deceased person is unacceptable.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
^So it's okay to be a cunt for your whole life and wreck thousands of other people's lives, but once you're dead you deserve to be treated with respect? RIP Hitler, I guess.
  • Kabe Ayofe and joe00uk like this

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Oh god the comments.

Thank god I'll be dead before then.

- Daniel Bell, London, United Kingdom, 16/8/2013 10:04

well this is stupid

- anon, anon, 16/8/2013 10:01

This is all a bit daft as usual

- someathat DLS, huddersfield, United Kingdom, 16/8/2013 9:58

A tunnel linking Europe to the USA? don't be so bloody stupid, far to many complications to prevent such a tunnel being made over that distance.

- Scott, Durham, 16/8/2013 10:03

Didn't they predict in the 60s that by 1999 we would be living in outer space and travelling the far reaches of the galaxy; hence the TV show 'Space 1999?'

--------------------------------

People are so hostile to change and predictions of the future because in the past predictions were the opinion of an "expert" who just made stuff up.  No, we don't claim to be soothsayers but there are so many resources that show trends in technology, most of the things predicted on the timeline like artificial organs and bionic eyes, etc.  All that "fantastic" stuff is in its infancy today.  Give it 80 years and you will have sometime incredible.  It is a pessimistic thing to say by 2080 people will live practically immortally and with access to neural and physical augmentations, when we can do proof-of-concepts today.

The part of the future I look forward to the most is what I don't/can't see coming.  The applications of breakthroughs or these familiar trends in ways I would have never thought possible.

just wait after 30 years and this people will have to eat their words for saying that it is impossible. 

• Casey likes this

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

^^^ people that comment on the dailymail tend not to be the sharpest tools in the box..

• FutureOfToday likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,430 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Spam Singularity, explained

Nice, now prepare for storm of trolls >  :D

Good call, bro

• Frizz likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

I like The Daily Mail now :D

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

^^^You didn't read the comment section, did you?

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

LadyGagaIsHot

LadyGagaIsHot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
OOOOH HOW SEXY
  • ddmkm122 likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,430 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Bumping because I still find this hilarious. I also find things on the internet in general, including other mentions of and credits to FutureTimeline.Net, like these:

http://www.religious...marrfuture3.htm

https://www.eitdigit...ions-trends-iii

http://www.bbc.com/f...-the-far-future

• Maximus likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

BasilBerylium

BasilBerylium

ayy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Bumping because I still find this hilarious. I also find things on the internet in general, including other mentions of and credits to FutureTimeline.Net, like these:
http://www.bbc.com/f...-the-far-future

No mention here.

This website has a magic that makes people draw back here like moths to light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users