Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

People from other universes here: do they really "walk among us"?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I've had a thought. Since there are theoretically an infinite number of universes, and most of us here think that travel to parallel universes will be possible at some point in the future, do you think that anybody from a parallel universe has ever or will ever visit this universe, or more to the point, this very planet? It's never really occurred to me until a day or two back.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Perhaps, the "people" you speak of are the ghosts we seem to be frightened of?

On a serious note, the multiple-universes theory is simply a conjecture backed by theoretical mathematics. No serious experiment has proven their existence at this point.

It's really much ado about nothing.

Edited by Raklian, 21 August 2013 - 04:27 PM.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

I already explained this, though I'm certain my logic can be argued with.

There are an infinite number of universes. That means there are an infinite amount of civilizations, infinite amount that learn inter-universe travel. Infinite amount that would find us and come here. That would mean their infinite mass would collapse the universe into a black hole.

Now, even if they have technology to render their mass unnoticable, keep thinking. Of the infinite aliens that come here, an infinite amount would be evil and seek to kill us all, so an infinite amount would activate their mass and collapse the universe regardless.

Clearly, this doesn't happen, which leads to 3 options.

1:Interuniverse travel isn't possible; either you can't travel between them, or there is just 1 universe.

2:There are limitations on what universes can be traveled to.

3:There are a finite number of universes.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
There have been so many sightings of "ghosts" that I think this may well be a possibility. (Lol, if a non-futurist was to read this thread, they would think we were batshit insane!)

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

I already explained this, though I'm certain my logic can be argued with. There are an infinite number of universes. That means there are an infinite amount of civilizations, infinite amount that learn inter-universe travel. Infinite amount that would find us and come here. That would mean their infinite mass would collapse the universe into a black hole. Now, even if they have technology to render their mass unnoticable, keep thinking. Of the infinite aliens that come here, an infinite amount would be evil and seek to kill us all, so an infinite amount would activate their mass and collapse the universe regardless. Clearly, this doesn't happen, which leads to 3 options.1:Interuniverse travel isn't possible; either you can't travel between them, or there is just 1 universe.2:There are limitations on what universes can be traveled to.3:There are a finite number of universes.

I can't really fault that! Very good logic. The only explanation I could come up with is that our minds are simply too basic as of now to fully understand the way the multiverse works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users