Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What cybernetic augmentations would you want?

FutureTechnologyImplants Augmentations Augmented Reality Science Enhance Superhuman Cybernetic Robot

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

ShadowBlade15

ShadowBlade15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Choose 5 cybernetic implants that you would want and explain them.  (Example) A prosthetic arm made of a carbyne outer shell meshed with nanofibers that contains a holographic generator, camera, quantum cpu, with sensors that allow for haptic touch and human arm capabilities

TransAustin

TransAustin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

I would like artificial retinas that would be linked to a powerful AI in my brain so when I looked at things it would give me information about what I'm looking at. Also, I would be able to zoom and see in the x-ray, infrared, and other wavelengths, not to mention night vision. 

This onboard super computer in my head would also have a huge exabyte hard drive that would record everything i see, think or dream for use in the future. Also, I would want nano-bots in my body, immunizing me from every disease and infection and constantly repairing damaged cells to halt the ageing process.

I would also want superhuman hearing and smell.

These are really the only augmentations I would want. I think I would wait a while before replacing any limbs or organs.

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

If we assume, hypothetically, that all of this is technically feasible in the future:

1) A brain implant that boosts the brain's speed, computational power and memory

2) An artificial eye implant that surpasses biological eyes and allows to percieve more of the light spectrum (infrared, ultraviolet, etc.)

3) Artificial ear implant for super hearing and hearing frequencies that the biological ears can't (ultrasounds and whatnot)

4) nanomachines that repair damaged cells and prevent cell damage 

5) some extrasensorial device. I'm not really sure what extra sense I'd like to have, though. Either that or carbon nanotube muscle fibres to aid my natural muscles.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

super strength and speed lol

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

1) artificial eyes (duh!)

2) artificial ears

3) brain intelligence augmentation

4) some sort of armor to make my skull unbreakable, since it's the most important part of your body!

5) artificial limbzZz

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

dreamer246

dreamer246

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

1) a multi-purpose biochip capable of augmenting intelligence and creativity,connecting to the internet,telepathy,putting me in virtual reality at will,storing my most precious memories permanently,recording my dreams,scanning my brain for problems,playing music in my brain,ect

2) new bionic eyes capable of seeing the entire electromagnetic spectrum,every color possible to see that human eyes cannot,and augmented reality

3) nanobots that could enhance my body,cure any disease and halt aging

4) probably artificial wings or gills or something like that

5) synthetic DNA that could replace my old DNA and evolve and adapt a thousand times quicker then current DNA

Edited by dreamer246, 28 August 2013 - 08:48 PM.

San

San

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

For my body, everything.  I will happily replace my biological body parts as better (and at least somewhat affordable) artificial versions become available.  Artificial limbs, organs, all fine from my point of view.  Something to monitor my bloods nutrient levels and supply me with whatever I don't get from eating food normally.

All my sense organs can be replaced once better versions appear as well.

Of course, my internal physiology would probably end up being structured differently eventually.

If I end up with an entirely artificial body from the neck down, I won't really need an artificial stomach or heart or liver, or at least not like they are currently.  Obviously I would still need something to supply at least my brain with blood and nutrients.

But then I'll be fine replacing parts of my brain.  Whenever it becomes possible, affordable, and safe to replace a specific brain function that does the same thing as what it's replacing then I'll do it.

If I end up with a completely artificial brain this way then I can stop with the artificial body entirely and just live in VR.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

A neural weave similar to what the Conjoiners have in the Revelation Space novels.

Here's some of the capabilities:

speeding up (and presumably slowing down) thought processes,

turning off parts of the brain that cause hassle in certain situations,

rebuilding the person's brain (memories and all) in the case of accident.

I'd also be interested in a self contained suit of armor that can protect me from external threats.

What difference does it make?

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

superintelligence would be the top of my list... the rest will just be icing on the cake.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

Rolletroll

Rolletroll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

I don't want to have any prosthetic part that keeps me alive, for safety in case of dysfunction.
Maybe something like:
1) a second skeleton that envelops the first one and has attaches for artificial muscles drowned in the real muscles.
2)medical nanobots to fight against diseases,aging, radiation effect,toxins, hemorrhages, and oxygenate the body for increasing the stamina and the diving capacities.
3)tanks embedded into the body to keep electronic clay, controlled with brains implants, and drivers to add external clay under control if needed.
4)genetic upgrade for a better assimilation of the nutriments, Olympic capacities without regular training required, and the replacement of Bacteria part of the body, for example for better digestion.
5)special skin with solar conversion capacity to feed in electrical energy the cybernetic systems and turn the surplus into sugar from the waste in the blood.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Medical nanobots and FIVR are the only augmentations that there's any real point in having. If I want to play at having superpowers, I can just do so in VR.

Souma

Souma

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationEarth

Medical nanobots and FIVR are the only augmentations that there's any real point in having. If I want to play at having superpowers, I can just do so in VR.

I half agree, Medical nanobots would be an amazing thing to have. I don't see myself spending a ton of time in a FIVR universe though. I want the shape reality to my will, not have a program that shapes an artificial reality to my will. So my list is simple

1) Arms & Legs - To increase my physical capabilities in the real world.

2) Brain Implant (Of some sort) - to connect myself to the internet always and expand my capability to remember and process.

3) Artificial Lungs - My lungs are fine, but air is important to the body and i want the whole thing to stay alive as long as possible.

4) Artificial Heart - As above, all fine, but having something that isn't susceptible to human ailment and can be easily replaced when somethings wrong is good.

5) Artificial Eyes - Connected to my brain implant to provide a constant AR overlay onto my normal vision.

Those are what i would want. Again, FIVR would be amazing but i want to improve humanity, see us expand to the stars and beyond.

Other than those things i can think of a few small things i'd want. I'm a small furry so i'd probably opt for a tail and ears if they were possible. That's more cosmetic than utility though so if my options were really limited i'd go with my list.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Alric

Alric

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

1. A brain implant to enhance my brain and to make me smarter and lets me connect my brain to the internet and virtual reality and computer stuff.

2. A Cyber head with harden skull and like special liquids or gels to protect my brain from impact damage, and a life support system so that even if my head gets cut off my brain will still survive. So pretty much my brain will be protected against anything even if the rest of my body dies.

3. New eyes that can see really good.

4. New heart that pumps blood more efficiently and releases nanobots to kill diseases and stuff. Also produces blood nanobots that carry oxygen more efficiently, which lets me skip having to get the lung enhancement so I get one more extra thing hehe.

5. I don't know, at this point I have a pretty sweet body, so there isn't much more to ask for. So just to be a little silly maybe some kind of crazy cyber penis.

MissKaioshin

MissKaioshin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

None, really. I'm not interested in super strength, x-ray vision, or anything like that. Whatever body modifications I undertake will be for cosmetic reasons, as well as for self-identity. I have a picture of my ideal physical self in my mind, and I want to embody it as much as possible. I don't want to become some chrome-skinned ubermensche; I want to be beautiful, sexy, voluptuous, and sensual. I'll still eat, drink, breath, have most of the normal bodily functions, and have a normal level of strength, endurance, reflexes, etc. of a typical woman of my chosen build. The only difference is that I won't physically age and will remain as a beautiful woman with a curvaceous build, who appears to be in my 20s or early 30s. I don't care to have superpowers; I'm going to be mostly lounging around and reading, partaking in creative activities, enjoying food and drink, and so on. If I want to have crazy adventures, I'll just use VR for that. 

All of this will mostly involve biological augmentation rather than cybernetic ones.

You know what Ol' MissKaioshin says at a time like this? At times like this, MissKaioshin just says..."Whatevs"

hiraeth

hiraeth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

None, really. I'm not interested in super strength, x-ray vision, or anything like that. Whatever body modifications I undertake will be for cosmetic reasons, as well as for self-identity. I have a picture of my ideal physical self in my mind, and I want to embody it as much as possible. I don't want to become some chrome-skinned ubermensche; I want to be beautiful, sexy, voluptuous, and sensual. I'll still eat, drink, breath, have most of the normal bodily functions, and have a normal level of strength, endurance, reflexes, etc. of a typical woman of my chosen build. The only difference is that I won't physically age and will remain as a beautiful woman with a curvaceous build, who appears to be in my 20s or early 30s. I don't care to have superpowers; I'm going to be mostly lounging around and reading, partaking in creative activities, enjoying food and drink, and so on. If I want to have crazy adventures, I'll just use VR for that. 

All of this will mostly involve biological augmentation rather than cybernetic ones.

Like this?

tumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo1_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo2_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo4_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo7_250.png

I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. Sufi Proverb

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

I half agree, Medical nanobots would be an amazing thing to have. I don't see myself spending a ton of time in a FIVR universe though. I want the shape reality to my will, not have a program that shapes an artificial reality to my will. So my list is simple

1) Arms & Legs - To increase my physical capabilities in the real world.

2) Brain Implant (Of some sort) - to connect myself to the internet always and expand my capability to remember and process.

3) Artificial Lungs - My lungs are fine, but air is important to the body and i want the whole thing to stay alive as long as possible.

4) Artificial Heart - As above, all fine, but having something that isn't susceptible to human ailment and can be easily replaced when somethings wrong is good.

5) Artificial Eyes - Connected to my brain implant to provide a constant AR overlay onto my normal vision.

Those are what i would want. Again, FIVR would be amazing but i want to improve humanity, see us expand to the stars and beyond.

Other than those things i can think of a few small things i'd want. I'm a small furry so i'd probably opt for a tail and ears if they were possible. That's more cosmetic than utility though so if my options were really limited i'd go with my list.

Of course I wouldn't spend all my time in FIVR. Probably a few hours a day at most. Maybe less if I can get it to run at speeds faster than real time.

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

^ an artificial heart might not even be necessary if we can get rid of certain organs. maybe just be a nanomachine that can warp itself on a wimp then you get all the above and more

https://www.instagc.com/scorch9722

Use my link for free steam wallet codes if you want

Serma3d

Serma3d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone,

I really like this topic ehehe :)

I like many of your desires, so here are what I would want.

1) A brain implant that boosts the brain's speed, computational power, memory, and has direct connection to the internet.

2) An artificial eye implant that surpasses biological eyes and see all light spectrum.

3) Artificial ear implant for all sound frequencies.

4) Nanobots that kill pathogen, prevent cell damage, regenerate old cells, and slow down my metabolism.

5) Some chemical injection to strengthen my bone and muscle without killing me in the process lolz :lol:

6) Some chemical/biological modifications to my skin that can withstand all Kelvin temperature while maintaining human look and feel. :biggrin:

Rolletroll

Rolletroll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

VR is boring. Why use it when the world is already a very interessant place? I don't want to live in a mirage.

• Ru1138 likes this

MissKaioshin

MissKaioshin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Like this?

tumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo1_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo2_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo4_250.pngtumblr_nh2eiyw6PG1qcqqpjo7_250.png

LOL! Actually, those aren't far off. But like i said, I'd still choose to be as biological as possible, so we're talking human skin, a face, etc. 

The way I see it, if I live long enough to see really crazy transhuman technologies, then FIVR probably won't be far behind. I imagine the same technologies will be applied: interfacing with the brain, allowing the brain to communicate with a computer, and so on. If we can turn a fleshy human into a gleaming chrome goddess, then we can hook that human into a Matrix-like reality. So if that's the case, I'd just choose to live in the Matrix. That way, I can have exactly the bodytype and appearance that I want, with the added bonus of being able to experience anything I want, not having to worry about the laws of physics, etc. And I imagine it would be possible to control a robotic surrogate from within the VR environment. Imagine you're in VR, and you come across a simulated Oculus Rift-like device and you put it on, and it allows you to slip into a real-world robot avatar that you can control and embody. Wouldn't that be trippy?

• hiraeth likes this

You know what Ol' MissKaioshin says at a time like this? At times like this, MissKaioshin just says..."Whatevs"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FutureTechnologyImplants, Augmentations, Augmented Reality, Science, Enhance, Superhuman, Cybernetic, Robot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users