Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will 100% perfect health be possible?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: 100% Perfect Health (33 member(s) have cast votes)

When will 100% perfect health be possible?

1. Voted Before 2500 (23 votes [69.70%])

Percentage of vote: 69.70%

2. 2500 - 2600 (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

3. 2600 - 2700 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2700 - 2800 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 2800 - 2900 (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

6. 2900 - 3000 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 3000 - 3500 (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

8. 3500 - 4000 (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 4000 - 5000 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. After 5000 (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Never (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I saw something quite similar being discussed in another thread, and it sparked an idea for a poll. When do you think 100% perfect health (with a biological body) will be possible. This includes physical and mental health. So no illnesses, no diseases, no deformities, no disabilities, no syndromes, no disorders, absolutely nothing wrong our bodies. I think that 3000 - 3500 is most likely for this to be possible.

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
Why not just put before 2500, 2500-3000, after 3000, never. Its far easier.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Why not just put before 2500, 2500-3000, after 3000, never. Its far easier.
Because the further away the date becomes, the less easier it is to be specific. 2500 - 3000 is far too broad for how close we are to that period of time.

Edited by FutureOfToday, 03 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Yeah way too pessimistic.  I expect that would be possible within 250 years at the most.

We'll probably have mind uploading before perfect health, and before mind uploading a way to fix cellular senescence and regrow body parts.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
I put around 2500.
- Alexander McQueen

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts

Yeah way too pessimistic.  I expect that would be possible within 250 years at the most. We'll probably have mind uploading before perfect health, and before mind uploading a way to fix cellular senescence and regrow body parts.

You honestly think that we'll have a cure for all diseases, viruses, disorders and syndromes that soon? I just can't see it being that soon.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Yep

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

If we assume exponential growth... Before 2500 easily.

Edited by RayMC, 06 September 2013 - 10:43 AM.

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

Ewan

Ewan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLondon

2100-2200 I think, we'll have androids that are indistinguishable from humans around this time too

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I predict 2800.  Our health care tottaly sucks right now and it advances very slowly...2800 is the date..and by the way mind uploading may never transfer our "I". We may just be a copy.

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Pretty pessimistic about this as well. Like Ufo said, health care today may be a lot better than 50 years ago, but if you take a closer look, you see that we are still just treating symptoms, not achieving cures. We might have become better at targeting symptoms, but we're still a long way away from a true health revolution where people are made whole again by medicine.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

The big problem with health care are luck of funds, accepting aging and diseases excpet for the ones that bring immediate Death, iinvestiments on weapons rather than health care and general therapies.

To heal we need invdividual medince. You often " many people suffer from it and they don't make a big deal"...thats right...the majority of people don't make a big deal of one disease but if one person does and no body cares that you are fucked.

We need better diagnostics... XRAYS are becoming obsolate as often you don't see minor damages..we need something that shows the conditions cells by cells and colored  images...we would also need to observe images in motion and an artificial system that detects diseases or that alerts the the  Radiologist.

I am a longevist, true, we have many break out trues and also many claims like heart Printing in 2025...well guys...take a trip to the hospital you will notice that our medical treatement are pretty much the same of the late 70s and medical progress news will happen only in the next century..

it tottaly sucks...here we are living in Alice Wonderland.

Lily

Lily

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationBerlin
take a trip to the hospital you will notice that our medical treatement are pretty much the same of the late 70s and medical progress news will happen only in the next century..

Yeah, that's true, unfortunately. Treatment hasn't changed much, especially not in hospitals. I've read an article about CPR and new research on this how prolonged efforts may still be successful and a lot of doctors just give up too soon! And it's the same with myriads of other things. If you are brought to the hospital in an emergency, chances are you will get standard treatment and nothing else. And this "standard" is the way medicine has been practised the last 20 years with little room for innovations.

The real and true advancement happens in some labs at some universities but the broad public gains nothing from it - yet? I hope it's a matter of time, but even if it becomes available, I don't think the average Joe and Jane will have access to it.

"All scientific advancement due to intellegence overcoming, compensating, for limitations. Can't carry a load, so invent wheel. Can't catch food, so invent spear. Limitations. No limitations, no advancement. No advancement, culture stagnates. Works other way too. Advancement before culture is ready. Disastrous."

There's definitely truth in that...

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

I think 3000-3500 we will achieve 100% perfect health but not before 3000.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Sorry to be a bit philosophical, but what the hell is 100% health?

What are you without the sum of your parts?

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

I said never. From a biological perspective, if we start going to new worlds there will be new diseases and even current ones will mutate to crazy ugly ones. With nanotechnology, sure we can keep a state of "is this the state it should be?" But then you're reliant on the technology itself so you'd be susceptible for other "diseases" like coding issues, etc. I think it will always be a case where we'll be improving but we'll never master.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
^ off-topic, is your avatar Harry Styles?
- Alexander McQueen

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
^ off-topic, is your avatar Harry Styles?

No, it's Jimmy Falon in the Barry Gibbs talkshow skit.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
I said never. From a biological perspective, if we start going to new worlds there will be new diseases and even current ones will mutate to crazy ugly ones. With nanotechnology, sure we can keep a state of "is this the state it should be?" But then you're reliant on the technology itself so you'd be susceptible for other "diseases" like coding issues, etc. I think it will always be a case where we'll be improving but we'll never master.

That's what I consider perfect health

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

I put before 2500 but I'm going to guess around 2150 - 2200. By this time we will have AI smarter than all human beings on earth (possibly even Software-wise), and computers billions of times smarter than us - and smarter than any 'natural' biological system already in our systems - running through our body correcting all imperfections

We'll be capable of designer babies, not to mention this will be well into the age of transhumanity. Which means we will have +++100% health because we will be UPGRADING our bodies, which includes keeping them from getting diseases and disorders in the first place. Rather than just trying to fix them when they come up. 

Mind uploading should be possible around 2100, so why would some people think "perfect health" would take passed 2500? We will merge ourselves with super intelligent robots and be beyond "perfect" in todays sense. 

I doubt a human who is capable of learning and processing all of the information that a noble peace prize winning geneticists learns in his entire life (in todays world) in mere milliseconds would be ailed by something so primitive such as heart disease.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users