Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The End Point of Your Transhumanism

Transhuman Transhumanism Posthuman

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois
there is no end point only the journey.

Indeed. I might not have a "final" form. I'll probably just spend my life going through different ones.

What difference does it make?

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,472 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

^ Maybe your final form is that you may end up as an universe yourself, essentially becoming a God. :)

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

final form as a series of connected matriohska and jupiter brains. having an intelligence of over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times the average human of today! Lol.

I'd be able to control multiple avatars of myself and living in all areas of the known and unknown universe. Ofcourse assuming instantaneous travel of information is possible.

Edited by Squillimy, 08 September 2013 - 03:12 PM.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

GalacticPublicArchives

GalacticPublicArchives

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:small;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);]Teleportation-ready avatar body, uploaded mind that can connect to all other around the world who are willing to share ideas/thoughts. Pretty basic dreams here. Let's get on this.[/color]

Halcyon

Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

This raises lots of existential questions.

What if immortality led to the creation of a technology so beyond our comprehension, it made it possible for consciousness to keep being reborn, to prevent us from the stagnating emptiness of an eternal life. The chance to forget everything would become appealing at that stage of development.

Heck, after a few thousand years, we may beg to forget and be sent to some obscure developing planet on the outskirts of a random galaxy.

Halcyon

Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

More on topic,

I would naturally elect myself for full synthetic body, augments, upgrades.. Evolution is the only thing we can look forward to.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

Very lucky that I was born now, rather than 200 years ago. This generation, the last one where everyone must die.

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

I'd upload my consciousness to a computer

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transhuman, Transhumanism, Posthuman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users