Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Military Internet?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Markomarkh

Markomarkh

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
As you may know the Internet first started out as a military project called the arpanet then became commercial to the public in the early nineties in my country. But the question is I hear the military are 30years ahead of us and their Internet is super fast at incredible speeds like 10gb a second. What do they use their Internet for and why so fast?

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

For cyber warfare and  spying of course. 

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

I'm joining the military after high school. Things just got funner.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

Careful there rtardx. It is still the military, which is still a dangerous occupation. Funner nothing. It is the military, you will use those high-speed internet speeds to learn how to kill people.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
I

Careful there rtardx. It is still the military, which is still a dangerous occupation. Funner nothing. It is the military, you will use those high-speed internet speeds to learn how to kill people.

Honestly, I forgot about the killing part. I just want to join the military to get into japan.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

I don't know about joining the military. It's a little unsettling to me going into battle and risking my life as politicians I never meet sit back and decide where I'm going to go and what I'm going to do.

It sounds a little too much like feudalistic times to me. The only difference now is that we elect them and can see them through media (which are usually bias too!), but once they're in office they do practically whatever the hell they want. Typically they support warfare when the end result is more money in their pockets, yet they themselves rarely go or have gone to war themselves. Similar to the Syrian chemical weapons issue right now and how people actually believe it's about the use of chemical weapons and not private interests.

Don't get me wrong, I support our military and how they defend our country and its territories (when that is their task), but I don't support the government ordering and using the military to act as a "world police" for a simple goal of expanding our countries interests for private reasons when it's peoples lives we're talking about. Alot of people don't realize that part of joining the military is the government paying you to do whatever the hell they want to do, and that includes making them more money. That is, more money than they actually invest in you. Just like armies in the feudalistic era.

Personally that's part of the reason I study science, as science and knowledge is ultimately more important than a military could ever hope to be. A lot of people would argue that statement, but those are people who don't know how important science is and what it will really accomplish in years to come as we venture forth into an unknown tech-hungry future.

Edited by Squillimy, 20 September 2013 - 06:23 AM.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

I was in the military, I wouldn't recommend it as a career at all. Even if you make it through with no injuries you're still going to have bad joints and be prematurely aged from all the stress. Also their Internet is terrible. I don't know where you heard it was fast.

RayMC

RayMC

F̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ᴛ̷̲̅ᴜ̷̲̅ʀ̷̲̅ᴇ̷̲̅

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

For cyber warfare and  spying of course. 

This?

“Wʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ, ᴡᴀs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇᴅ.” - Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ Bʟᴀᴋᴇ

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

I was in the military, I wouldn't recommend it as a career at all. Even if you make it through with no injuries you're still going to have bad joints and be prematurely aged from all the stress. Also their Internet is terrible. I don't know where you heard it was fast.

Yeah, My stepdad join the army and he had grey hairs by the time he was 34. I'm still joining the military for 4 years at least, Which branch did you join?

Shores

Shores

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

As a PVT in the US Army, I can confidently tell you that I've heard of no such thing. Lol, I couldn't imagine what they'd give me access to it for (supposing they did have it of course). 

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

As a PVT in the US Army, I can confidently tell you that I've heard of no such thing. Lol, I couldn't imagine what they'd give me access to it for (supposing they did have it of course). 

Heard the army was hellish and boring, What branch of the military would you recommend for a rebellious, hedonistic, and mentally unstable young lad like me?

Edited by rtardx, 29 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

eldigato

eldigato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

sorry to break it to you, rtardx, but if you go into the military, you'll likely be stationed in the middle east working to kill a bunch of innocent men, women, children and journalists. Perhaps a few militants on the side.

If you join the air force instead of the army/marines you might still end up doing the same thing as listed above or work on repairing vehicles all day in 100 degree weather

if lady lucks on your side, perhaps you will be stationed in japan, but don't count on it.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Navy or air force it is!

Brohanne Jahms

Brohanne Jahms

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Go air force. You'll thank me later.

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Yeah, But I'm worried about snails though. Snails can't thrive on boats.

Shores

Shores

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

If you want the best life and the most benefits then go Air Force. I wanted to be a Tanker so I went to the Army but ended up in the Infantry. I'm happy with it though.

Edited by Shores, 01 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,745 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

It's out of the military we're gonna see some artificial intelligence, I tell you.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users