Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Global Hegemony

politics government hegemony global

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Perhaps you misunderstood the point I was making, I wasn't talking about the nation per se, but about the rich.

Take even more money on top of their already large tax burden?

Training to do what, take jobs that don't exist? Believe me, I agree that people shouldn't be sat around doing nothing, and the majority of people claiming unemployment benefits are probably desperately seeking work, because living on that kind of money is not a good life for anyone.

Once reforms are made and the economy improves, they'll be able to find better jobs than what they previously had because they are more productive.

So you do believe they only have themselves to blame?

I'm referring to welfare and other freebies.

Nick1984

Nick1984

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationUK
That easy? A few reforms and let the good times roll again? Americans, so arrogant and unaware of the mess they're in it's frightening.

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

That easy? A few reforms and let the good times roll again?

Americans, so arrogant and unaware of the mess they're in it's frightening.

I never put the word "few" in there. Fixing a problem like this will require major structural, spending, and tax reforms. But it can be done.

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

Alot of people could work for their benefits. Collecting litter, planting trees ect...

That's not such a bad idea Nick. Environmentalists are always the ones complaining about the trees and the litter and they generally favor welfare so why not combine the two!
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace

Alot of people could work for their benefits. Collecting litter, planting trees ect...

That's not such a bad idea Nick. Environmentalists are always the ones complaining about the trees and the litter and they generally favor welfare so why not combine the two!

They should be manufacturing and actually stimulating the economy.

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
Everyone pays into unemployment insurance whether you want to or not. Unemployment insurance is NOT seen as a separate item deduction on your taxes. They are combined under federal income taxes. When I was on unemployment insurance (which I've been many times), NY state required that I send in proof of job interviews by filling out some kind of application. Sitting around and doing nothing is impossible in NY because it is unlawful. You would lose your unemployment insurance. Lastly, unemployment insurance provides up to only 40% or something like that of your total pay check that you had otherwise gotten. It's impossible to live off of unemployment for a long period of time unless you have a lot of savings put away. Simply put: staying on unemployment insurance will make you homeless. :s
I'm a business man, that's all you need to know about me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics, government, hegemony, global

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users