Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reflections on Google Calico

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
This is huge. Although I am not entirely sure this is as good as everyone may think it is. There's one major question - , how about some specifics? What kind of research will Calico conduct? Who are the experts on the biology of aging who is going to participate on it? Will there be any at all? What is the overall plan to achieve the announced goal? Really, no official website. small investments?
All these things make me think a little bit...

Life extension is the most complicated task there is. I seriously doubt that the solution will be just one commercial product of one commercial company. There has to be a lot of fundamental research. Perhaps with the same scale of the Human Genome project, or even larger. Does Google have this in mind? Why they can't be anymore clear?

I hope we will get the answers to these questions soon. Obviously Google has made a huge step towards making the topic popular and acceptable. Basically Google backed the field with their credibility, which is totally great, but let's see if there will be practical results too.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Posted Image

P.S  Can everyone like this link?  https://www.facebook.com/googlecalico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users