Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

when will there be robots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

EddieFisher

EddieFisher

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i think we will have robots in the year 3000

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,744 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Try 2050. :)

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,755 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

We've had robots for... nearly a century?

Wait, what's your standards for robots? Do you mean personal robots at home? Had those for decades.

Personal robots that could do all your housework? That would require either artificial muscles or ultra-advanced limbs, both of which are currently under development. You'd also need a highly advanced ability to learn and use a variable method to deal with unexpected issues. Again, already working on that.

2050 is prolly when it'll be matured, yeah.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
^Agreed. 3000 is ridiculous. Highly advanced androids will probably be all over the place by the mid 22nd century.

JCO

JCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

I think we will see artificial life forms of the complexity of Blade Runner before the 24th century. Robots are a reality now. This question is like asking in the 1890s when there will be automobiles. I think what may be really being asked is when will robots be smart enough to be truly autonomous. At this point robots can only do a very limited set of tasks and needed specific direction. I think a look at the current state of autonomous vehicles will show that this is changing fast. Money is the only thing between us and a car that could be provided with basic goals and would not only be able to navigate but decide of a route, schedule and even be able to refuel itself.

Confirmed Agnostic - I know that I don't know for sure and I am almost certain no one else does either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users