Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What will be used to build the first colonies in space.

space colony Moon Mars colonization habatat NASA ESA

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

JCO

JCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

I think one of the first big steps to building a permanent base on the Moon or Mars was taken recently.http://www.esa.int/O...ith_3D_printing

The reason I see this as such a big change is that it provides a way to make almost the entire mass of the base from material on hand. The plan I have heard would also be done with robotic or remotely operated equipment. What that means is humans do need to land until the base is complete or at least nearly so.

I want to know what others think will be important to making permanent habitation off the earth possible. Getting there is not the issue, it has be shown to be possible. What are currently the best ideas for power, food, air, space suits? What do you think needs the most development before this is a reality? What do you think will be the main purpose of a permanent base on the Moon/Mars and how will they do it?

Confirmed Agnostic - I know that I don't know for sure and I am almost certain no one else does either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: space colony, Moon, Mars, colonization, habatat, NASA, ESA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users