Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Future of Civil Wars

Civil WarWar Government Rebels

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I have been wondering lately about what civil wars are going to be like in the future, and which countries will experience civil wars. There was a scientist at the University of Connecticut last year who predicted that the United States would experience a massive civil war and violent upheaval around the year 2020. Does anyone here think that another civil war in the United States will ever happen? Also, I do expect plenty of countries in Africa to experience even more civil wars in the future as they begin the process of becoming developed and industrialized countries. What does everyone else here think?

Edited by Troodon Man, 06 October 2013 - 07:52 PM.

i8obamaskfc

i8obamaskfc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

If a civil war happens, then I hope it's to overthrow all of those corrupted politicians, and not for anything else.

• FutureOfToday and TheAsianGuy_LOL like this

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Does anyone here think that another civil war in the United States will ever happen?

No, I don't think so.

Anyway, I only expect to see civil wars in developing/poor countries in the future.

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Does anyone here think that another civil war in the United States will ever happen?

No, I don't think so.   Anyway, I only expect to see civil wars in developing/poor countries in the future.
Yeah, I think it's unlikely that another civil war will happen again in the United States. And if it does, it certainly won't be as soon as 2020.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

No, I don't think so.   Anyway, I only expect to see civil wars in developing/poor countries in the future.
Yeah, I think it's unlikely that another civil war will happen again in the United States. And if it does, it certainly won't be as soon as 2020.

What I am wondering are which Americans would actually be stupid enough to start a new civil war considering how the last one turned out.

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

What I am wondering are which Americans would actually be stupid enough to start a new civil war considering how the last one turned out.
Maybe the extremists (such as the Republicans who believe Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya, or the extreme communist, fascist, and anarchist groups who wish to violently overthrow the current regime).

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Maybe the extremists (such as the Republicans who believe Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya, or the extreme communist, fascist, and anarchist groups who wish to violently overthrow the current regime).

And then it turns out to be another Business Plot. As much as I hate how the US is currently is, a civil would be the most dumbest and most violent thing possible (considering how much powerful the federal government is.) But shit can still happen.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Eh ... No.

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States
*post deleted*

Edited by Troodon Man, 06 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States
Yeah, I also think it's unlikely that even these groups will be stupid enough to attempt to start a new civil war. However, if climate change continues, and politics becomes even more polarized, then I think there is a small possibility of a civil war in the 2060s or later. But I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Troodon Man, 06 October 2013 - 09:43 PM.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
If a civil war doesn't take place in the UK and/or USA in the near future, some kind of revolution almost certainly will. The condition of our countries is rapidly deteriorating and sooner or later, it's going to reach boiling point.

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

If a civil war doesn't take place in the UK and/or USA in the near future, some kind of revolution almost certainly will. The condition of our countries is rapidly deteriorating and sooner or later, it's going to reach boiling point.

Yes, I do agree that some kind of big event and/or change will probably occur in the U.S., U.K., and/or Australia sometime during this century. If not a violent revolution or civil war, then a societal change.

monsta666

monsta666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Never say never to these kinds of things. If you allow enough time the probability of these events tends toward 100%. Will there be a civil war in the US around 2020? Hard to say, I think the chances of some major social revolution is possible especially if the US defaults on its debts obligations and people lose their pensions while the bond holders are paid. This will cause a lot of anger and resentment. Not sure it would be enough to cause a full blown out civil war with people opening fire on the government but there would be great social unrest on a scale similar to Greece or Spain.

The regions with the highest risk of civil war/unrest would be places like China which has no democracy, the Middle-East and Africa. Brazil and other South American countries are good candidates and you cannot discount the southern European states. The big dangers I see is that the lower classes are being squeezed because the cost of living is rising faster than wages. The countries with the least slack are in the developing countries so they will likely protest first but in time this could well effect many nations including the developed nations. The country least likely to see a civil war however is somewhere like Japan due to the nature of their society.

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.

I could see it happening... all the US needs is one big push. Their infrastructure is failing (something like 65,000 bridges need to be repaired immediately), the opposition is mucking everything up in government just for the sake of doing it, the people are getting poorer and the ones responsible for the collapse of the economy are the only ones coming out of this mess unscathed (in fact they're better now than they were before the crash in 2008). 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Civil WarWar, Government, Rebels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users