Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will humans live forever?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: When will humans live forever (22 member(s) have cast votes)

1. 2050 > (3 votes [13.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

2. 2050-2060 (5 votes [22.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

3. 2060-2070 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. 2070-2080 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

5. 2080-2090 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

6. 2090-2100 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

7. 2100-2150 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

8. 2150-2200 (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

9. 2200-2300 (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

10. 2300-2500 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. 2500-3000 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. 3000 < (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

13. Never (4 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,764 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

When the first person can live to be in their 80s for 20 years, we'd have made progress.

When they can live to be in their 40s for 80 years, I think we may be close.

When you're 15 and 2100 and 20 in 2200, we've probably gotten immortality.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I'm a pessimist, and thus I voted for 2150-2200. However, I want to be proven wrong in a positive way in regards to this.

José Andrade

José Andrade

Waiting for Immortality and FIVR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

We already have many threads about this topic that could be used but i will play along.

In my opinion, we will have the first age treatment before 2070 for sure. By that date medicine will be so advanced that the chance to die from a disease is really, really small.

So, people who are under 30-40 today, as long as they don't die of a cancer or an accident in the next few decades, may probably be the first generation to live forever.

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,764 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I often question if, perhaps, a supercentenarian born in 1950 might become the oldest person alive. If they live to 110 and get anti-aging treatments that should exist by 2060, then they could live forever.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

RDP

RDP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Location' DROP TABLE users --

I am not going to say it is impossible to achieve non-biological immortality, but I strongly believe that it will never be in the interest of world leaders to let their people live forever.

Find me on Steam (mainly DotA 2)

"The idea of Romans creating a religion to counter act the Jewish religion and then persecute the religion they created is absurd enough to have its own episode on Ancient Aliens."

-tw88

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

I often question if, perhaps, a supercentenarian born in 1950 might become the oldest person alive. If they live to 110 and get anti-aging treatments that should exist by 2060, then they could live forever.

Maybe, IF it is possible to reverse most or all of the aging-related damage which already occurred to his/her body BEFORE 2060.

José Andrade

José Andrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I am not going to say it is impossible to achieve non-biological immortality, but I strongly believe that it will never be in the interest of world leaders to let their people live forever.

That and religion always delay things a bit, not forever tho.

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

it all depends on us and how much we contribute to longevity research

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

I think the first person to totally live forever will be born after 3000. I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but barring something radical (which might just happen) I don't see it happening until then.

On that note, though, it wouldn't be impossible for one of us to live forever. Just get some good cryogenics and see what happens. If not, I still think we have pretty good chances of living 100+ years very happily and healthily.

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

superexistence

superexistence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

We won't even be biological by 2300 ever mind 3000.

José Andrade

José Andrade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

DallasCowboysFan, i cant agree with you. If you look at our timeline and other futuristic websites you will see that by year 3000 many say we are in the verge of being a type 2 civilization. By 2300 a updated human, can't be killed by diseases, accidents, bullets or old age let alone 3000.

Just think where we are at 80 years ago. The TV and electricity were just babies. People with cancer had like 0% chance of living. Now in 10 years we achieve more than we did in 80. By 2050+ we will progress amazingly quick. Think exponentially.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

We've already made progress with life extension (at least in mice anyway). I bet people would live forever by 2050-2060 at least.

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

Brian-krassenstein

Brian-krassenstein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I think that anyone alive right now under the age of 40 has a very real chance of a lifespan extending hundreds of years.  By 2030 or so I expect that technology will increase lifespan by greater than 1 year every year.  At this point anyone alive could technically outrun death.  

Troodon

Troodon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I'm a pessimist, and thus I voted for 2150-2200. However, I want to be proven wrong in a positive way in regards to this.

You would consider that to be pessimistic? Really? I think humans will never be able to live forever!

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
I did it! I've lived forever!

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
This is a bit of a crumby question, really. Do you mean when will the technology for immortality be available, or when will the first people to live forever be born? If you meant the latter, then I think that some people already alive today will live forever.

i8obamaskfc

i8obamaskfc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Forever is a long time ^

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,476 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Even when we do become immortal, we can't say we will live forever because by saying forever you assume you've always existed. Everyone was born, so...

What are you without the sum of your parts?

RDP

RDP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Location' DROP TABLE users --

There is an enormous difference between living "forever" and living for a "really, really long time". This is another reason I believe we will never see a human, or any entity for that matter, live forever. Even the universe has its demise. On top of that, the amount of information needed to store an eternity's worth of data is, in fact, infinite. So, even if someone miraculously manages to outlive the universe, they would be an entirely different person. Their identity would change so drastically over time causes them to really be more of a near-sentient computer program than a conscious being. Data would need to be erased to make room for an infinite amount more of information.

A good restatement of this question would be, "when should humans become biologically immortal?" or "when, if possible, should humans become capable of transferring themselves to a digital state without destroying their original consciousness?" The answer to both of these questions, with current technological trends, should be sometime in the next two centuries. The answer to both of these questions weighted in with political, economic, social, AND technological trends would point more towards a time in the next three or four centuries.

Find me on Steam (mainly DotA 2)

"The idea of Romans creating a religion to counter act the Jewish religion and then persecute the religion they created is absurd enough to have its own episode on Ancient Aliens."

-tw88

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users