Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kickstart is advancing interactive innerfaces big time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts
  iMotion – Haptic feedback virtual reality motion control

http://www.kickstart...ck?ref=category

Play your games and control your apps with haptic feedback (available for PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and Oculus Rift). Real VR.

What is iMotion? 

Do you know how in SciFi movies the hero sometimes controls the floating interface of a device with just a flick of his hands? 

Well, that's what we built. Our iMotion controllers provide a revolutionary way to have pinpoint-accurate 3D motion control across an incredible range of existing platforms and applications. 

iMotion also features airtouch (haptic) feedback, which is a unique addition to the motion control experience. Both of these features make iMotion truly unique and all that at an attractive price point.

VERVE: Plug the world into your computer

Interact with your computer in a whole new way. Play a favorite game or app using light, motion, magnets and more. No coding required!

What is the VERVE?

The VERVE is a product that lets you connect the world around you to a computer using almost any type of sensor. When plugged in to a Mac or PC, the VERVE behaves like a standard keyboard and mouse. Plug in any sensor (light, force, motion), and suddenly you're controlling the computer by squeezing, waving, pressing, dancing... You get the idea? You have complete control over how to interpret the sensor information and convert it into meaningful keystrokes or mouse actions to control your favorite application or video game. Everything is easy to use and no coding is required.

http://www.kickstart...er?ref=category

AR that you can play board games out of thin air!

http://www.kickstart...em?ref=category

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

For sure. Kickstarter and other crowd-funding sites are definitely accelarating all kinds of innovations, its success really was an industry changer in terms of securing funding for new ideas. I'm particularly impressed with the success 3D printing companies have found with securing funding, I suppose it just goes to show if you have a great idea and communicate it well, people (tech savvy or not) will take a shot.

Colonel O'Neil

Colonel O'Neil

From Time Immemorial...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I like kickstarter, but one of the major problems is that it creates too much hype. Unless the product in question can live up to it, it just seems to create disappointment. The ones above seem like they could be really good though.

The art of forgetting is inherent in human minds; the art of being forgotten  is the normal fate of knowing. We as futurists don't accept that. In the panels of the Universe, we alone will remain standing; remain unforgotten.

Kabe Ayofe

Kabe Ayofe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

I like kickstarter, but one of the major problems is that it creates too much hype. Unless the product in question can live up to it, it just seems to create disappointment. The ones above seem like they could be really good though.

I see where your coming from, but whenever anything new is released, theres a risk of disappointment! I must say I was a little disappointed with Leap Motion when I finally got to play with it, but I'm sure they'll take the feedback and improve it. Still a fantastic idea.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,764 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

http://emotivinsight.com/

Got over 1.6 mil on Kickstarter when its goal was only $100 K. That wasn't overhype at all.

To me, this comes close to trumping the Oculus Rift. It's sad that it doesn't get more coverage. But when you consider that, even after all that, it's still an underground technology and imagine how few people knew of it before, that's very impressive.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users