Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Our future is like Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Once we accomplish and automate everything, we will have nothing else to do, just like in Minecraft.

In the game, the main thing you do is build, and improve upon the stuff you build (and fighting monsters, but that is besides the point). Then you build mechanisms using redstone, and improve on them.

Kind of like what our beings are like. We build buildings, and improve on them, making them more efficient, more aesthtically pleasing. Then we build computers, and improve them to make them faster, cheaper, etc. What will become of us when we have accomplished everything and there is literally nothing else we can do to make out lives easier. We would invent things that, today, we couldn't even imagine; we needn't explore everything because we have all that knowledge already. 

I can just imagine universes where there are just entities floating around, nonchalanty, simulating universe-ception in their minds....

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

The rest of the things would be to explore even farther reaches of space or solve the most complex problems or existence.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Can we get there before entropy destroys the universe? We may have more to see if we escape this universe. But that is a problem for people trillions of years from now

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,476 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

But that is a problem for people trillions of years from now

You sure they'll still be people?

They'll be more than gods, for our imagination's sake!

:)

What are you without the sum of your parts?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

Well its just semantics.  If they spoke English would they refer to themselves as "people"?

I get what you are saying though!

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

I knew this would come up - what I am refereing to is that we have already explored everything, there is nothing left to explore. We know everything, we have explored everything.

xQd

xQd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationRomania

I knew this would come up - what I am refereing to is that we have already explored everything, there is nothing left to explore. We know everything, we have explored everything.

That is something that might never happen,the Universe is always expanding so there would always be a lot of things to discover and explore.

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

But that is a problem for people trillions of years from now

You sure they'll still be people?

They'll be more than gods, for our imagination's sake!

:)

[color=#ee82ee;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]It depends of what you define what is a person...[/color][/font]

tw88

tw88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Locationeugene oregon

I would imagine once we accomplish 'everything'  that we will we will devote all our resources into building another earth, or sending a large portion of the population to another planet to create a new settlement. It's also entirely possible that there could be a digression in human society, a plague could strike , a asteroid could hit earth, a world war could break out, or economic calamity that results the dismantlement of governments world wide could all result in a digression of human progress that sets us backs thousands of years. 

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

What I mean by everything, is literally everything - the power to control universes, time travel, creating more than 11 dimensions, etc. SG-1 is right, this is a problem for beings trillions of years from now, but its fun to imagine. 

inkybinky3

inkybinky3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAbu-Dhabi, UAE, Middle East, Asia, The Earth, A Solar System, The Milky Way, The/A Universe
Then you program, download mods, make maps, download maps

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

In the years leading up to the time when we have literally nothing to do, we would have probably thought of making modifications to the universe, and making universes with challenges in them

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Funny, I thought this topic would be suggesting that our world would eventually be blocky ;)  

Speaking of which,  I think that smartglasses were to have the ability to filter the world and alter the way you see it, can you imagine filtering it to look blocky like Minecraft? Would be hilarious.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users