Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What will you be doing on Friday, January 1st, 2100?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,619 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

http://www.hf.rim.or...al/cal.cgi?2100

Let's get some accurate dates set for the 22nd century.

*This is taking into account you're not dead for whatever reason

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

I'll be 105 by then, probably having fun in some virtual reality or something. Or having fun in the actual world with my cyborg implants, who know what I'll come up with.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,505 posts
  • LocationLondon

Either rotting, or part of the biosphere in the form of ashes/dust, or possibly cryopreserved.

• Time_Traveller, WithoutCoincidence, TheAsianGuy_LOL and 1 other like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,619 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

If cancer or diabetes or some other disease hath not claimeth my soul, I will be partying with FutureGuy at the ripe young age of 105. There's about 50-60 years where death probably won't be able to catch me.

I mean, if Mother Meki or any of my other dozen or so story ideas makes me grand bourgeoisie that is.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

There are millions of ways we all end up somewhere - some of them are not pleasant at all and very possible, like having the kind of constipation that leaves you sitting on the toilet while dead.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
Probably watching reruns of gilmore girls.
  • Italian Ufo likes this
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

FutureGuy

FutureGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

More realistically though I'll be gone by 2050 because of some heart disease or something. I've always had terrible health.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Either rotting, or part of the biosphere in the form of ashes/dust, or possibly cryopreserved.

I'd miss you. :(

• wjfox, raxo2222, Yuli Ban and 4 others like this

What difference does it make?

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Sorry, that's post-singularity, so I cannot possibly predict it.

All jokes aside, this might be more fun as a poll:

A. Taking a spin in your driverless flying car.

B. Conquering the universe in virtual reality

C. Staying in a luxury hotel in orbit around Saturn

D. Spending some quality time with your android mistresses

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

D. Spending some quality time with your android mistresses

This alone won't be enough. An 2-hour's worth of sensual experience with the aforementioned mistress all in 1 second. That will convince me we are in the Singularity. :)

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

2 hours in one second? I don't know if android parts would hold up under that kind of vigorous activity. You might want to consider virtual reality...  :brunette:

lechwall

lechwall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Not existing or alternatively looking down on earth from space as humanity finally comes of age.

"The future will be better tomorrow.  If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure.   For NASA, space is still a high priority. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history. Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child. We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."  Dan Quayle

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.

I'll be around 112 years old so probably dead or Cryogenically preserved before being that age to a date way after that date.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Starting a new life. Enjoying the 20s I never had due to my physical problems. I would read about riots in the street, watch the flying cars out of the window.

Having virtual sex with all the ladies I dreamed my entire life. Play sports and getting tanned.

Play with some 3D printers... forget about my past bad moments... watching the earth from space...

or simply I will be cryopreserved.

Now I hope that in 2100 I get to read this post and laugh about it :)   I will see you there Italian Ufo/Max :) and  laugh about past wrong events and be happy if you 'll read this.  This is your new beginning. :)

GenX

GenX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

I'll probably be dead but I'm hoping that my ashes will make it at least into space, and maybe to the moon or Mars.

The only thing we ever want is more

Stamplicker

Stamplicker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Committing genocide on the unfit genetrash!

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,016 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

2 hours in one second? I don't know if android parts would hold up under that kind of vigorous activity. You might want to consider virtual reality...  :brunette:

Well, if I were to be a transhuman with super-abilities, it is not far-fetched to think I can perform this kind of sexual feat. I mean who has the time for more than 1 second of sexual activity with one mistress when I have a long line of different android mistresses I need to bang? Believe me, 1 second is already too long, so I'm doing them a very generous favor. :D

• Italian Ufo and TheAsianGuy_LOL like this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Well, if I were to be a transhuman with super-abilities, it is not far-fetched to think I can perform this kind of sexual feat. I mean who has the time for more than 1 second of sexual activity with one mistress when I have a long line of different android mistresses I need to bang? Believe me, 1 second is already too long, so I'm doing them a very generous favor. :D

That's a good one lol :) Honestly I hope I get to see this.

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

I won't be 105 until July of 2100.

I'll probably be thinking back on all of the technological progress we've made.  Revisiting memories and remembering New Year's Eve 2000 and the new millennium.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

I don't know what will happen but I know I intend to look up at the Waning Gibbous moon and sing 'So long and thanks for all the fish'.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users