Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What will you be doing on Friday, January 1st, 2100?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

I don't know what will happen but I know I intend to look up at the Waning Gibbous moon and sing 'So long and thanks for all the fish'.

That's so funny ))

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Committing genocide on the unfit genetrash!

Huh?

As for me, I'm going to party like it's 2090.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Well, I think like most people, I'm going to be drunk off my ass partying like its 1999. It's New Years for Christs sake.

I won't be 105 until July of 2100.

I'll probably be thinking back on all of the technological progress we've made.  Revisiting memories and remembering New Year's Eve 2000 and the new millennium.

When's your birthday? Mines July 5th (right after independence day so I get to party 2 days in a row :) ) Go Cancers!

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I always wonder what people will do for fun in 2100... it may be all different from now

zen_mutiny

zen_mutiny

Post-Singularitarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

I always wonder what people will do for fun in 2100... it may be all different from now

With virtual reality? The selection will be a lot larger than it is today.

José Andrade

José Andrade

Waiting for Immortality and FIVR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I will probably be in VR with my guild making an awesome new year party!

"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. It's a virtual world, but i still feel more alive here than i do in the real one." Kirito - Sword Art Online

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
I will be one of the following: dead; hooked up to IV feeding me nutrients while in FIVR; or partying in a session IRL.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

DallasCowboysFan

DallasCowboysFan

Life is Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska, in the land of NSA monitoring

Fighting to the death with packs of mutant children for scraps of food in what was once the United States, thanks to The Great World Collapse of 2093.

"The best way to predict the future, is to create it."

For those not in the know, the Dallas Cowboys are an American Football team, and they are terrible. But I must stay strong.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is God.

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
^Dont worry, be positive! The AI Overlords will solve the problems we face nowadays.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Lunix688

Lunix688

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Fighting to the death with packs of mutant children for scraps of food in what was once the United States, thanks to The Great World Collapse of 2093.

That would make a awesome movie. 

"Liberterianism is a mental disease. A national health crisis and a threat to the future of this country...Worse than the threat from terrorism, asteroids, disease and yes global warming.
It is mindless anti-government idiocy. If it isn't turned back I predict the end of this country as a world power. Simply put the need to educate our entire population like any sane country is sen as wrong by the cult that practice this foolish idiocy. So is simple workers rights, child labor and every other sane policy of the modern world."
-Matthew

"The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
-Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn't construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn't revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
-Milton Friedman

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

I imagine virtual reality will be different from how we manage today.

La Bodysnatcher

La Bodysnatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

I'll be 2% finished with a Sunn O))) album.

• Yuli Ban likes this

When you say "this is overrated" do you mean "I think this sucks?"

When you say "the majority hate it" do you mean "I hate it?"

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

I envisage VR in 2100 being indistinguishable from reality in all but possibilities, which of course would be limitless. Have an old photo of the hottest girl in school that you wish you could be with? VR can do that for you. Want to be Iron man and fight along side the teenage mutant ninja turtles to save the world from an evil alliance of Godzilla and Megatron? VR can do that :) AI would feed memories and thoughts directly from your brain to provide the story, the CG visuals would make your thoughts a reality that you could not distinguish from the real world. 

Ofcourse some people may provide a better structured story than others and some may end up giving themselves heart attacks when they accidentally kill themselves in the virtual world, which wouldn't be a problem because your reciprocytes would allow you time to get to a hospital before your organs run out of oxygen. Or you'd have a treatment room/device in your house/flat. Or your built in nano machines would repair the damage done to your system and "reboot" you :)

As for me?

I'll be flying along side Storm as an X-man with Jean's level of telekinetic abilities but with the added advantage that I can fully control them.

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

rtardx

rtardx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Be the admin of the futuretimeline.net site.

• Casey and Eyalin like this

La Bodysnatcher

La Bodysnatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Correction, I'll be 1% finished with a Sunn O))) album. I miscalculated the number of songs.

When you say "this is overrated" do you mean "I think this sucks?"

When you say "the majority hate it" do you mean "I hate it?"

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

I will show off my transhuman skills at rtdax face xD

In all seriouseness I probalby will be in FIVR, or partying in real life.

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Maybe, but people will still socially party and get fucked up for celebrations. With increased intelligence or not, nobody wants to constantly be in deep thought or be highly-aware of their surroundings at all times. The future seems to never be as dramatic as we predict it.

• Eyalin likes this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

I won't be 105 until July of 2100.   I'll probably be thinking back on all of the technological progress we've made.  Revisiting memories and remembering New Year's Eve 2000 and the new millennium.

You can remember NYE Y2K?
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Either:

-Have my ashes be scattered in various places throughout the world
-Still be crygenically preserved

-Be dancing with my wife and/or with another female relative (or other female relatives) of mine as we are celebrating New Year's Eve, 2100

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

More realistically though I'll be gone by 2050 because of some heart disease or something. I've always had terrible health.

Well, you can still try getting yourself cryogenically preserved just to be safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users