Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Movie Plot?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
How would one go about creating a plot for a movie based on the timeline? I know Will said, he had an idea for one, if so what should it be? A documentary? A time travel story? The reason I ask? I am well on my way to creating a productions studio and hopefully securing initial startup funding by the holidays. I want to produce movies and documentaries solely based on technology and future technology. So if anybody has any ideas, shoot em at me. If I need to come to London to work out the kinks, so be it. Just let me know what you had in mind!
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Maybe part documentary, part time-travel? Have the time-traveller go through the different periods in the timeline, experiencing different eras from his point of view, sometimes escaping chaos, sometimes not and getting trapped in it, etc. Actually, each era could perhaps be a different episode of a saga involving the time-traveller.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
That would be a whole television SERIES in itself! There is a lot of topics that the timeline covers. I have a few plot lines for eps listed in a document somewhere I think. However, Doctor Who is very similar to this so it would have to be more serious and less alien inclined. I was thinking maybe a Reverse Quantum leap type of show. Edit: I'm looking at the document I typed up over the summer at one point and it seems like it could work best as a TV show. I could try to write a script. I'll put up some more info if anybody would like to help me make it or perhaps sell it to BBC or an american network? I don't care. But that doesn't mean I won't be interested in making other documentaries about specific topics on the timeline.
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Yeah, I agree. Ironically though, that's what Dr Who originally was, until it became the type of show we see now, with aliens and the paranormal. It used to be more about teaching history to kids, with the time-travelling a way to show different eras to them. I remember long ago seeing an episode set during Roman times. It was one of the original Black & White episodes, and the tone was quite different. I sometimes kind of wish it would go back to that, as I haven't been watching the latest ones.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
If you want I can send you a copy of some of the plot lines and the major idea that I have in my notes. I'm not sure if it'll ever get done, or exactly how to get Hollywood types interested but its a fun idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users