Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Let's Make A Forum RP

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

By having ten tons of iron per person dumped on them.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Millions died.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
A MartianMartian travelled back 500 years in time, to warn the Earthlings not to make the mistakes that they made happen again. They listen, and the last few posts both happened and didn't happen. Mindfuck.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
Earth was beginning to rebuild, but with no natural resources remaining, earthlings were solely dependant on the martians for their survival. the martians dominated the local stellar neighborhood and had perfected planetary terraforming, transforming hundreds of desert worlds into lush edens of biodiversity, earth's ecosystems after centuries of exploitation and neglect had completely collapsed, most of the planets land surface was now barron wasteland with only pockets of forests remaining at its highest altitudes, the oceans had become completely devoid of life and sea levels had risen several hundred feet due to the melting of the polar ice caps in the 22nd and 23rd centuries. The remaining human population had been forced to live high up in the alps, the only places remaining on earth with a climate suitable for agriculture. Human diets consisted entirely of rice and life was bleak but reasonably preasant with a life expectancy of around 60. Year: 2700.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Earthing tribal society was largely peaceful and egalitarian, with only a simple hierarchy , usually consisting of an elected chief who distributed resources throughout the community, there was no concept of money or wealth and everyone received an equal share according to their merit. The alps were a stark contrast to the rest of earth, with rain showers almost everyday and a constant fog engulfing everything, so thick nothing could be seen further than 20 feet, this was benefical for the humans as the rain provided fresh water in abundant supply and the fog acted as camouflage. The martians initiated terraforming on earth to return it to its pristine pre-industrial state and agreed to allow earthlings free rule of their world, considering it an act of charity. After fifty years, earth was reborn and it's inhabitants were provided with the technology to sustain themselves and the enviroment. Year: 2750.
- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Around the time earth was restored and it's inhabitants beginning to experience a level of comfort and stability unavailable since before the revolution almost 600 years prior, the martian colony worlds became under attack by a mysterious virus which devastated the human populations. As the martian empire bagan to descend into chaos and mayhem, earth began it's re-rise to technological supremacy, though still centuries behind the technological capabilities of the martians, they were quickly regaining their lost influence. Year: 2950. -------------- Following the collapse of the martian empire, the galaxy experienced a long period of technological stagnation, the colonies which survived the upheaval, seceded and became largely introverted, prefering self-preservation over technological mastery. Things couldn't have been more different on earth, which after the martian collapse, became the foremost power in the galaxy and was rapidly expanding it's interstellar territories. Year: 3075.
- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Mars, once the mighty capital of the greatest empire in the galaxy, was now a famine-ravaged wasteland comparable to post-revolution earth. Global infrastructure had collapsed along with the empire when most of the planets fifty billion inhabitants fled to earth and venus. Venus was terraformed by the martians, and was the burgeoning empire's first colony. After martian collapse, venus, like most of the more stable and prosperous colonies, seceded and became self-sufficient. At the empire's height, venus had a population close to twenty billion. Venus was widely regarded as a utopia, especially on overcrowded, polluted mars, with an abundance of fresh water, pristine air quality aswell as a very generous social security system providing all venusian's with their material needs it truely was the closest thing the galaxy had to a utopia. Venus had become a very desirable destination to immigrate too after the collapse of the empire and remained on good terms with earth. Venusians also provided aid to impoverished martians and accepted billions of their refugees. The planet was beginning to reach it's natural limit with forty billion people now living on it.overpopulation was becoming a real problem , and it's social security system was under unbearable stress, combined with depleting water resources and rising levels of pollution. Venusian's were following in the footsteps of their ancesters, with devastating consequences... Year: 3100.
- Alexander McQueen

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

However, the interstellar colonies were not foolish. They realized that with the collapse of first the Earth's advanced civilization, then the Martian empire, it was foolish to assume that because a civilization is advanced now it will necessarily be as advanced in the future. One by one, Earth's colonies severed ties with Earth, fearing it a bad influence. They focused far more on sustainability than their predecessors, and were more cautious about testing technology and the implications of it before employing it widescale. This would turn out to be a wise move as the Earth, which had once again become powerful, created uncontrolled self-replicating nanomachines by accident, which quickly subsumed the entire Earth and all life on it, turning it into a mass of grey goo. With the collapse of Mars due to its mysterious virus, the only human life left in the Solar System was on the quickly collapsing Venus.

• Frizz likes this
My collection of quotes
Spoiler

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
As venus is faced with an enviromental crisis unprecedented in it's history, violant anti-refugee sentiment flourished in what was once a peaceful and humanistic society, with most native-born venusians blaming the influx of martian refugees for the demise of their once-pristine planet and the decrease in their standard of living. Tensions reached breaking point, with destructive riots and arson attacks targeting refugee communities resulting in hundreds of deaths and countless injuries. Shortly afterwards a radical nationalist party was elected Into power by a landslide 97% vote, they immediately ordered the detainment and execution of every martian refugee on venus. Year: 3175.
- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Following the martian holocaust on venus, the grey goo which had consumed earth and mars was rapidly consuming what remained of the solar system. It became apparent that the venusians had been too preoccupied with their own materialistic desires and xenophobia that they had completely failed to notice the grey goo crisis, it also became apparent that evacuation was impossible for the venusians as they no longer had access to the interstellar wormholes created by the martians at the height of the empire. The grey goo eventually consumed the planet and it's inhabitants. Year: 3177. -------------- Three of the greatest civilizations in galatic history, gone. The colonial descendants of the empire are all that remains of humanity, dispersed across thousands of star systems, hundreds of light years from sol. Year: 3179. -------------- Grey goo, having completely consumed the the local stellar neighborhood and destroying dozens of human colonies, continue to expand at a rapid rate. The interstellar human worlds which have replaced the solar worlds as the dominate galactic powers and that have co-existed in peace and harmony for centuries are now under serious threat of destruction. Year: 3300.
- Alexander McQueen

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

There was some time before all colonies would be subsumed: The goo was only designed to work on rocky bodies and air, so it would not consume stars or gas giants. Nonetheless, it would frequently hitch a ride off a comet into neighboring star systems and it only took 100 years to subsume all major rocky bodies in a 10 light year radius.

The saving grace was to come from the world known as Sagan (Upsilon Andromedae d III). Terraformed 300 years prior, it was now the leading place for AI and nanotechnology research. Upon hearing the news about the grey goo, its most powerful AIs designed a defense system which would convert the goo into a non-replicating form of the goo, which would subsume the self-replicating goo but nothing else. It was immediately deployed, and within 75 years all stellar systems had been declared goo-free.

My collection of quotes
Spoiler

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

And effects of Omega Point, that happened in galaxy far far away suddenly reached Milky Way. The end.

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

four

four

Moon Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationThe Universe.

And effects of Omega Point, that happened in galaxy far far away suddenly reached Milky Way. The end.

Fortunately, it turns out this event was only in a simulation.

My collection of quotes
Spoiler

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Sagan, a seemingly unremarkable world consisting of almost 90% water and located in the sagittarius arm of the milky way that was once a minor martian colony that had seceded after the collapse of the empire, but had achieved something even the great solar worlds couldn't, self-preservation. 900 years following the grey goo crisis which devastated the galaxy, sagan had become the leading galactic power that had even eclipsed the technological might of the martians. Sagan, unlike the other human worlds had managed to maintain a perfect balance between enviromental harmony and technological innovation and were the first human civilization to build a dyson sphere, essentially guaranteeing their supremacy and survival. Year: 4200.
- Alexander McQueen

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
They FUCKed (Fornicated Under the Command of the King), so that they would have enough people to send off to the other planets, to restore this section of the galaxy to its former glory. Their main priorities were Mars, Earth and Venus, as they felt the most resonance with their homelands. Several decades later, the only grey too in the galaxy was in a a lab on the newly restored Earth, the new Mars and Sagan. "Simulation complete. Welcome back Mr. Jefferson". Carl Jefferson unplugged himself from his VR. The year was actually 2090. Carl realised that he had to go to the clinic to get a booster for his anti-aging, he was starting to get a bit wrinkly. He told his AI to look after the babies. There was still a few centuries to go before the events would actually happen. Carl worked for a top-secret branch of the government and he had to warn them about what the simulator had thought the most likely scenario to happen. He had to stop it. He couldn't bear to think of what would happen if the solar system was suffocated by grey too.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
Carl was determined to prevent the future events he foresaw, acertaining that it all started with the revolution of 2177, and that in order to prevent the series of events which led to the destruction of the solar system a thousand years from now, he would have to restore socio-economic and enviromental balance to the world, it was the only way.
- Alexander McQueen

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
He was a poor public speaker, so he got his AI assistant to so it for him, and to lull the audiences, he programmed her to use Morgan Freeman's voice. This convinced everyone, and the world was almost saved. All they had to worry about were the Kamikaze bananas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users