Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

Transhumanism/Posthumanism

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,430 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

1- Plushuman: Homo sapiens maximus -- “Greatest Wise Man”

Transhuman

Mother Meki protagonist Mackenzie Seville is born plushuman due to being a designer baby. Plushumans are amongst the most common forms of transhumans, and are simply humans given abilities beyond that of humans. Thus, ‘plushumanism’ is seen as having been borne well before the age of Transhumanism; arguably, there have been plushumans since ancient times in some way.

But it is only <2023 that technological plushumans come about.

Most plushumans have overclockwork neurons and nanostring muscles, which allow them to vastly surpass humans in intelligence, strength, reflects, flexibility, endurance, dexterity, etc. However, a pure plushuman is not necessarily merged with cybernetics. Plushumanism as the simplest form of biological transhumanism is very, very often confused and combined with cybernetic transhumanism and metahumanism.

2- Cyman: Homo sapiens actum (sometimes disputed as Homo sapiens cybernetic) -- “Augmented Wise Man”/ “Increased Wise Man”

Transhuman

The next step in basic transhumanism, this is what most people are familiar with: humans merging with machines.

The very first cyman upgrade and a basic upgrade for all people (something that becomes considered an ascended human right)  is that of psybersomatia.  This is the catch all term for artificial telepathy and telekinesis. This allows one to communicate brain-to-brain, use their mind to control electronics and- ultimately- the cybernetic upgrades they give their bodies.

Cymans are often mocked as being cybermen, borgs, Terminators, etc. by Luddites; conversely, many cymans see themselves as being superior over ‘lesser primates.’

3- Metahuman: Homo sapiens aelcorus (very often disputed as Homo sapiens supremus-homus) -- “Wise Man over Man”

Transhuman

The third and final basic transhuman form. It very much resembles plushumans, but is more focused on mental/”spiritual” transhumanism rather than physical transhumanism. Metahumanism is often known by the id motto: More Human than Human (nothing to do with Rob Zombie). Metahumans are well known for being able to fully transcend both emotion and reason, capable of reaching, tapping into, and control their subconscious. When combined with a massive upgrade of overclockwork neurons (being a metahuman requires over ¾ of the mind to be made of overclockwork neurons), metahumans become capable of becoming posthuman in mind via controlling human/animal instincts, impulses, drives, and fundamental nature.

Named after Aelcorus, a metahuman experiment in a fully anarchistic and lawless transhuman society.

4- High-human: Homo sapiens universalis -- “Universal Wise Man”

Transhuman

A higher-order transhuman, formed when plushumans, cymans, and metahumans are crossed over into one and further enhanced.  High Humans tend to be equally human and machine or mostly machine and live mostly in real life, but with a heavily augmented reality.

5- Gradian/Godman: Homo dominus/Domini sapiens ­-- “God Man”/ “Wise God”

Transhuman/Posthuman

Gradians are the point where humanity lies on the edge of being posthuman. Many live entirely through avatars (which is seen as being a major difference between Gradians and High-humans). 

6- Angelthane: Electronus eudæmoni -- “Electronic Angel”

Posthuman

Somewhere between an avatar and a fully posthuman being, there is the Angelthane. This is considered posthuman only because so many people choose to live as one wirelessly/quantumly. Angelthanes are considered avatars if the user does not live remotely through one, but instead uses it as an avatar.
Angelthanes are shape shifters, and can transition from solid to plasma; from humanoid to completely amorphous shapes to completely natural shapes to completely alien shapes.

7- Habarath: Domini ultraterrestriali -- “God Man Above Earth”

Posthuman

Fully unadulterated posthumans; habarath are so greatly advanced as to not be considered of the Homo genus at all.

Habarath are only one path towards posthumanism, but have become the most famous; fully modular, they can shape shift into any form, even into a gas/lazar (much like Angelthanes). Their intelligence is impossible; habarath have high level quantum computers for brains, on top of googolbyte brain power. They are defined as sexless, immortal, god-like and bizarre. They are so far beyond metahuman control of themselves, they can change their physical structure at will. The mysteries and conundrums that baffle humans and lesser transhumans become clear to habarath; of course, they cannot explain to us the answer to the mysteries if we couldn’t understand what the mysteries were to begin with, but the habarath are less concerned with questions and more with the survival of the human species.

That said, luckily for primitive humanity and lesser transhumanity, habarath are few and they all purport to be peaceful. This is very, very good since habarath have superhuman abilities borne of extreme technology including omnimatia, remote psyberkinesis, nonlet conjuring, goo-control, and even pseudodematerialization (see the Advanced Technology page for descriptions); such abilities would render a fight between a primitive human and a habarath an indescribably one-sided curb stomp.

Are habarath the “hyper-evolved inheriters of Reality” predicted in Ultraterrestrial Mythos realized?

The Ulmy said that, at some point, transhuman and posthuman development would lead to the evolution of human ultraterrestrials of whom the habarath strongly resemble.

Let it be known, the habarath are indeed great in form. Far beyond humanity, far beyond transhumanity. Yet they cannot yet be considered ‘ultraterrestrial.’ To the primitive forms of man, yes, but few above them will so easily label harabath post-real.

Post-real is the new state of human existence, but a state humans cannot achieve. Once post-real, you detach from what is real and reattach upon your will. Even the habarath have not come upon this magical point, through their intentions reach far.

They have yet to become post-real, which is the only point they have not reached but is also the most important point they have not reached. Habarath must become quantum for this to occur, and this is currently beyond their current technological means.

Others....

Parahumans

Transhuman

Parahumans are humans whom have had their genetic make-up altered as to become partially animal. Sometimes referred to as 'byodokans.'

• zEVerzan, raxo2222, TheAsianGuy_LOL and 2 others like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

What do you call a species that is so advanced it's not even advanced - it's gone beyond this human-conceived concept of technological sophistication - it is capable of creating new Universes/Dimensions/Realities with their own set of physical laws?

What are you without the sum of your parts?

La Bodysnatcher

La Bodysnatcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

nice list! Definitely helps materialize an image of transhumans though I dont get why somewouldn't want to just be a high-human from the start rather than picking and choosing between plushuman, cyman, and metahuman. Unless they were too poor to afford them all.

When you say "this is overrated" do you mean "I think this sucks?"

When you say "the majority hate it" do you mean "I hate it?"

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationCanada, AD 2100, December 31st.

Dat cool list :D

I sense some epic irony incoming,  unless you knew about religious meaning of avatar.

Also I think level 8 or level 9 would be Mindhive - galaxy-conquering very advanced computers.

Level 10 could possibly make galaxy awake/self-aware.

And it sounds like some transhuman RPG :)

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,833 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It's interesting to note that like billions of billions neurons in our brain work in concert to give us some semblance of subjective perception and ability of thought, advanced AI hive mind groups spanning the entire Universe, all connected via quantum entanglement, can give rise to a sentient, conscious Universe that can think, rationalize, plan, etc.

So, how will this sentient, thinking Universe interact with the "outside" environment?

Fall in love with another Universe? Or breed with it? Is that how our Universe was created? :D

• raxo2222 likes this

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

It's interesting to note that like billions of billions neurons in our brain work in concert to give us some semblance of subjective perception and ability of thought, advanced AI hive mind groups spanning the entire Universe, all connected via quantum entanglement, can give rise to a sentient, conscious Universe that can think, rationalize, plan, etc.

So, how will this sentient, thinking Universe interact with the "outside" environment?

Fall in love with another Universe? Or breed with it? Is that how our Universe was created? :D

If another universe is sentient, then why not :D

That would be some <3 taken up to eleven... or more like over 9000*(10^100) LOL

Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.* - A. Clarke
Any magic sufficiently analyzed is indistinguishable from technology.** - Somewhere from Internet

*Relatively, comparing to rest of world. Go back in time with modern tech. **Lets assume its working only in fantasy/simulated world. Go forward in time with unicorns.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,833 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Well, the other Universe doesn't have to be sentient.

A sentient Universe can be sexually predatory if it has the disposition. lol

raxo2222

raxo2222

e^x

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Well, the other Universe doesn't have to be sentient.

A sentient Universe can be sexually predatory if it has the disposition. lol

It sounds like introduction to Dimensional era of some epic 4X game :D

Its just 10^49 watts, good luck, exponent :p

Also isn't that weee bit too much power even for us, futurists? :p

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,430 posts
Wow.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Think about it... a solitary neuron on its own has little power.

Planets-turned-computational substrates from the future, though. One of them would be some incomprehensibly advanced god-mind. Now imagine that a trillion-fold, and you have a sentient universe.

See, you can't even imagine it.

OT, I love this way of categorizing transhumanism. Keep 'em coming.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 6,833 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• zEVerzan likes this

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

Posted Image

Indeed.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

^ I love that gif haha

Nice post! I want to reach post-real intelligence by rote memorization..actually screw that.

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

I imagine with that level of intelligence, or rather a level of intelligence even below that but above ours, youd be able to be fully aware of yourself and others, and your surroundings and how their influence.

Such as, as humans, we have a subconscious we're not actively aware of. But with a higher level of intelligence we may knock down that barrier and grow to have full awareness of ourselves and others and know what we do and why we do it on the most basic of levels.

But maybe with an even higher level of intelligence, we'd be able to not only have full awareness of ourselves, but understand and memorize variables in our environment and how that influences ourselves and others. Such as: I did event "X"  when i was 5 years old, which rippled through time, combining with millions of events & variables since then that caused me to do event "Y" when I was 19 years old. But then ofcourse, if you are fully aware of yourself and how your environment affects your personality, then perhaps just that state of knowing would affect it further. However I suppose the same would not be said for when you observe other people.

But then again, i could just be speaking out of my ass. Lol

• Raklian likes this

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Squillimy

Squillimy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Also I've often speculated about the culture of superintelligent species. I had ideas of increased complexity in social medias and entertainment. Most of us agree that in the future people will likely be superintelligent, but how will this change culture and society? Will people still watch dull and mindnumbing TV? I personally don't think so.

I think in the future the complexity of many forms of media will increase. Like, in Television maybe characters will actually be explained more in depth in some way, shape, or form. The most simple example I can think of is if you knew the genome of the main character, and he did a certain action, it'd be entertaining because his genome predisposes him to do abnormal behaviors. Or perhaps there could be a different "form" of TV series' that involves shows which intertwine with their own several plots in order to serve a greater "hierarchy" of plots.

What becomes of man when the things that man can create are greater than man itself?

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

Now that you mention it, the milky way does look like a cosmic vagina

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,430 posts

It doesn't look anything like a vagina. Maybe a horribly malformed eggsac at best.

• La Bodysnatcher likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,430 posts
We should create a collaborative transhuman/posthuman list and descriptions.
  • TheAsianGuy_LOL and Hyndal_Halcyon like this

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

Waiting for the moment lol.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Hyndal_Halcyon

Hyndal_Halcyon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

And this is where I come in, after a few years of waiting thank you so much guys.

The celestials (tentative name with tentative illustration), is my proposition for the post-real future of the habarath.

(I know I know. They look like Na'vi outfitted with promethean engineer skinsuit on the surface. It's because I drew that one way back in high school and still haven't had time to polish it until it just stuck in my stories)

• A little bit of history A crude fucked-up way to describe them that you most likely wouldn't like at all

The celestials are a race who lost all definition after copying and casting the collective subconscious of their entire species into the cosmic bulk. In doing so, they birthed the first and last 7th toposophic being. The 7th Toposophic, who calls itself The Primordium subsumed the whole celestial civilization (along with countless others) and consequently learned three things:

• how to use the interactions of the different quantum fields and their particle excitations as computational substrates, 
  • how to manipulate the vibrations of the compactified extradimensions of any string using other strings, and
  • how to reduce strings, fields, and particles into programmable, self-organizing, metaphysical eigenspaces of its own creation

Simply put, their gods have mapped out the equation governing the fundamental physical laws of universes and have used it to merge themselves into a mindhive/hivemind only to redefine everything else as themselves.

Perhaps, the Lions, Bears, and Tigers of the Hyperion Cantos are the closest things to the primordium.

• Where's the post-real in that?

The Primordium, like the archetypal 6th's, are both a civilization and an entity. Even more than that, the primordium designed, and then embedded itself into, a virtual dimension of its own - called The Ecclesia - distinct but not separate from the bulk, like a new kernel of reality (hence, post-real), from where all celestials are now connected and embedded as well. The celestials essentially "woke up" the totality of the cosmos through the primordium.

After all that, the rest is legend. Through the ecclessia, all celestials in all realities are networked.

• If celestials/primordium with their ecclesia are so advanced, then how the hell do they still look strikingly human?

Before you ask anything related to the mundanity of their choices and actions, its because they are still mundane. They are bound to the physics they define for themselves. The illustration above is their superficial approach to everything non-celestial.

• Why do I think you'll accept this proposal?

Because why not? 

Let's start with their bodies:

1. Their cellular quantum-biotech composition is made of all kinds of hybrid matter.
  2. They're powered by hawking drives, with a literal blackhole for hearts.
  3. Their natural habitats are their own bodies because every cell has enough dark matter and internal attraction-repulsion strong enough to ignore external field forces caused by objects with defined densities.
  4. A single strand of their semi-prehensile hair is tipped with a sphincter-nozzle and a core containing dormant programmable stem cells that can rapidly divide and differentiate as if by regenerative 3D-printing.
  5. They have torsional battery fibers for muscles and bones alike, making them primarily polymorphic organisms that store energy mechanically, not chemically through fats.
  6. The vantablack subdermal layer of their skin is photosynthetic, producing molecules that twist the torsional batteries of their bones.
  7. Their neural, vascular, and lymphatic organ-systems run on optoelectronics and topological quantum mechanics.
  8. Their digestive systems contain a lot of nanorobotic vesicles that records how everything they ingest are disassembled, making them able to reassemble anything they eat.
  9. They don't produce waste, as they have conversion drives, and a blackhole dump to handle that.
  10. They have particle accelerators at their forearms and legs, terminated with another blackhole drive at the elbow and knee, and special lenses and electromagnets at the palms and soles.
  11. They have bizarre senses superimposed by an augmentable reality, allowing them to accurately and precisely gauge various scales of physical phenomena, e.g. seeing the oldest, most distant light of a universe or individual electron orbitals of a transuranic atom for that matter.
  12. Their genitals are retractable, consciously changeable, and separable from reproduction systems.

Then their minds:

1. Their brains look like brain-colored cauliflowers, with the density of gyri, sulci, lobes, and fibers all just to operate multiple trains of thoughts on multiple computational media other than quantum-analog.
  2. They have a special lobe working like a quantum internet router to mediate eigentangles for telepathy.
  3. The multichannel language they use, though has many dialects, utilize all of their bizarre senses to remotely convey noumena by the integration of various phenomena.
  4. Though highminded up to eleven, they can still understand and participate in mundanity, especially the children.
  5. Their mindsets are as varied as any other race and maybe more, as even a celestial mind can have bodies ranging from multiple dyson swarms and/or just the neurode of another celestial. (Alas, the primordium itself is considered a celestial)
  6. Their mindsets are highly adaptive to the point of a near identical copy being able to optimize itself for inhabiting another body.
  7. The memes constituting their individuality are recorded (but not directly modifiable by) by the primordium.
  8. They have powerful identity-checking algorithms ingrained to their subconscious that detects and protects them from any form of aggressive telepathy, hypnosis, falsehood, toxic meme, parasitic meme, etc.

And what can I even say about their culture:

1. Multiple polities, even ones with conflicting ideals, can coexist alongside each other, provided the higher minds are not trying to send them away from each other.
  2. The highest form of their economy uses qualia as currency, even though other primitive systems are in place for as long as necessary and qualia-profitable.
  3. The wealth of their virtualities is infinite because of their access to the wetware and the physics required to run full-resolution virtualities that can even run their own full-resolution virtualities, causing an explosive inward expansion of nested realities. (one might even get completely absorbed within dreams within dreams within dreams of their own designs, hence the post-post-post-real in case you're wondering what's next)
  4. And even with that level of advancement, they can still calmly maintain and ruthlessly enforce the professional courtesy to allow non-celestials to choose how to live their non-celestial lives, as per the primordium's orders.
  5. Needlessly, they can still interact with non-celestials as they please - or more conversely, as their primordium pleases.

• Yuli Ban likes this

As you can see, I'm a huge nerd who'd rather write about how we can become a Type V civilization instead of study for my final exams (gotta fix that).

But to put an end to this topic, might I say that the one and only greatest future achievement of humankind is when it finally becomes posthumankind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users