Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future of Crimea

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Wrong. Even North Korea could be a Type 1 civilisation if it met a single criterion. 

Why are you applying the Kardashev scale to an individual country? 

A better question is why are YOU?

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Wrong. Even North Korea could be a Type 1 civilisation if it met a single criterion. 

Because I am identifying archetypes that create a trajectory toward the Type 1 level. But you said an individual country could attain a Kardashev level, which is inaccurate. 

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Because I am identifying archetypes that create a trajectory toward the Type 1 level. But you said an individual country could attain a Kardashev level, which is inaccurate. 

It could if it had the energy consumption of 1E+16W on its own.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

It could if it had the energy consumption of 1E+16W on its own.

No. That is incorrect. The Kardashev scale creates a common basis -- energy consumption -- to measure relative technological advancement of an extraterrestrial civilization; it categorizes civilizations as a whole. Regardless of the amount of energy consumed within the borders of North Korea it will always inherit the Kardashev level of the entire civilization. 

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

No. That is incorrect. The Kardashev scale creates a common basis -- energy consumption -- to measure relative technological advancement of an extraterrestrial civilization; it categorizes civilizations as a whole. Regardless of the amount of energy consumed within the borders of North Korea it will always inherit the Kardashev level of the entire civilization. 

I fail to see how, as our primary global civilisation and the civilisations of uncontacted tribes are obviously far away from each other on the Kardashev scale.

I also fail to see how is Pussy Riot related to all this.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

I fail to see how, as our primary global civilisation and the civilisations of uncontacted tribes are obviously far away from each other on the Kardashev scale.

Pussy Riot represents rebellion against a government that stifles dissent through abuse of religion and state. Putin's political praxis sets Russia at odds with a trajectory toward Type 1 civilization. 

Projects like ITER require international collaboration. Countries must be willing to collaborate beyond borders and function in an international community. Therefore, populations must celebrate diversity and permit freedom of expression even when it is offensive. However, Putin is on the path toward international isolation as exemplified by Crimea. 

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

[color=#ff0000;]Pussy Riot represents rebellion against a government that stifles dissent through abuse of religion and state[/color]. Putin's political praxis sets Russia at odds with a trajectory toward Type 1 civilization. 

Projects like ITER require international collaboration. Countries must be willing to collaborate beyond borders and function in an international community. Therefore, populations must celebrate diversity and permit freedom of expression even when it is offensive. However, Putin is on the path toward international isolation as exemplified by Crimea. 

Bullshit.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Freedom of speech must be a protected, inalienable right as long as it doesn't create visible/direct harm to others and doesn't break public laws. Governments or local authorities still can arrest you on a technicality, so it's vital for you do your homework before you go out and express your thoughts/feelings.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Pussy Riot represents rebellion against a government that stifles dissent through abuse of religion and state...

LOL fearless rebels! In fact they are nothing but...

Spoiler

...and this is not insult - just a statement of sad fact. There is one thing you should understand: every nation have its own history, culture, way of life & mentality. For example, public orgy in museum or the same public and demonstrative masturbation in supermarket with dead chicken as tool for that - is not acceptable for both Russian mentality and law, absolutely... not sure about your country, but here it's considered sickening for 99% of population. Maybe we are still not civilized enough... sorry for long reply. Here is the shorter and the better one:

Bullshit.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It is not right for a group of people to condemn few people because their actions are offensive to them. That's democracy by mob rule.

But I can understand that if they broke some law, they deserve some form of incarceration or punishment that is reasonably appropriate for the severity of the crime.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Bullshit.

Reactionary. 

TheComrade

TheComrade

BANNED

• Banned
  • 2,642 posts

Bullshit.

Reactionary. 

Troll. Now i'm almost sure...

KomissarBojantchev

KomissarBojantchev

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Ok if in an american souther baptist or whatever church in the US during a ceremony a group of people starts "singing" "may god damn the president" and refuse to leave don't you think the possible reaction would be similar or even harsher if the churchgoers would take matters in their own hands, and even if they didn't what would be your solution? Let them continue to annoy the others?

Even better: in an american supermarket  you see a naked woman masturbating with a food product. Would you believe she is "exercising her freedom of expression" or would you call security. In todays extremely puritan in pro-decency US society I'm afraid the latter would be more likely.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Freedom of speech must be a protected, inalienable right as long as it doesn't create visible/direct harm to others and doesn't break public laws. Governments or local authorities still can arrest you on a technicality, so it's vital for you do your homework before you go out and express your thoughts/feelings.

Exactly, but pussy riot was on a church's altar during a session (or whatever is it called). Imagine that happening in a mosque somewhere in Europe - they would be dead already.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Bullshit.

Reactionary. 

Troll. Now i'm almost sure...

Explain how Putin's behavior enhances the role of Russia's collaboration within a globalized world. 

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Explain how Pussy Riot does.

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Exactly, but pussy riot was on a church's altar during a session (or whatever is it called). Imagine that happening in a mosque somewhere in Europe - they would be dead already.

Islamaphobia is another example of a non-Type 1 civilization mentality. 

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Have you conceded the argument that Putin places Russia on a path toward international isolation?

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Islamaphobia is another example of a non-Type 1 civilization mentality. 

Islam itself is a non-civilisation mentality.

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Have you conceded the argument that Putin places Russia on a path toward international isolation?

Not really. We are forced to go on that path by USA because of us threatening the Petrodollar system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users