Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Good Future Thread

The Future™ bright futurology utopia eutopia 2100s 2200s

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Maximus

Maximus

Spaceman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • LocationCanada

I find this very curious because when most of us look at the future, we imagine a more advanced version of our world; for example, skyscrapers are taller or cooler looking. The thing that troubles me is that we have no way of knowing what the future will be like. If you asked someone from the 1700s what they imagined the future to look like, they would not be able to come even close to the real thing; they might guess something along the lines of really big ships and a lot of factories, but they wouldn't predict cellular technology, or space technology. My point is, if we don't f*** up, the future should be beyond anything we can imagine.

• babalook likes this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,492 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
Peripherals, my dear Maximus. Nothing develops in a vacuum. Without knowing all developments,one cannot extrapolate any meaningful long-term trend. When one does, they may over or underestimate the effects of certain technologies. They assume the shock of it is enough.

We imagine a future of wired up transhuman cyborgs when transhumans may be more gelatinous or even atomic with nary an optic wire to be seen.

We assumed voice commands would take off like a rocket. In fact, they needed deep learning algorithms to even begin to be useful, and really can only be used in private.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

babalook

babalook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

I find this very curious because when most of us look at the future, we imagine a more advanced version of our world; for example, skyscrapers are taller or cooler looking. The thing that troubles me is that we have no way of knowing what the future will be like. If you asked someone from the 1700s what they imagined the future to look like, they would not be able to come even close to the real thing; they might guess something along the lines of really big ships and a lot of factories, but they wouldn't predict cellular technology, or space technology. My point is, if we don't f*** up, the future should be beyond anything we can imagine.

I completely agree, I think a lot of what we see today will be far more advanced in the future but some of the biggest changes to the world will come from the things no one saw coming. 

Rainbow Frog

Rainbow Frog

Password Scrambled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationRemember me fondly!

I wanna be part of whatever exploration/stellar navy they have in the future:

niQpVb9.jpg

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway. 
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway. 
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway. 
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

1.jpg1474124.jpg

• Yuli Ban likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

healthtech1.jpgThe-Future-of-Healthcare-Artificial-Inteblade-runner.jpg

• Yuli Ban likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

LINDSAY-Is-The-Future-Of-Medical-Educatihttp://globalproduct...ure-600x450.jpg5816-CareForPatient.jpgHospital_.jpg

organs.jpgHealthcare-of-Future.jpgfuture_hospital_by_warajiya-d39vzsq.jpgFuture-technology-An-innovative-service-Pavia-san-matteo.jpgMountElizabethOperatingRoom_PhotographyC

• Yuli Ban likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Cool-future-1.jpgunderwater-house.jpgdespite-its-looks-the-eclair-concept-is-

• Yuli Ban likes this

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

3-855_2.jpg

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

BKK-IMAGE-12.jpgc46839f3-c768-4332-93a9-ae4e50af6a36-620

• Yuli Ban and Raarnt like this

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

@Italian: YES!

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

129963-bigthumbnail.jpg

sshot5092c9efb7515.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

future_plane_concept_ship.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

greenmachine_nasa.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

mosquito-helicopter-cikaric-dragan-01.jp

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

future-car.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

flying-saucer.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

moonrider-hybrid-flying-bike-concept-mot

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

jet-bike2.jpg

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,492 posts

Jetbike-Concept-By-Dario-Cavaliere-01.jp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Future™, bright futurology, utopia, eutopia, 2100s, 2200s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users