Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

i feel there's an important issue that needs to be addressed.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

cyberbullying and general abuse directed at myself.

i understand that i am a polarising personality on the forums and have been since i joined last year, i tend to be rather flamboyant and whimsical and had created topics about animals and astrology that had irritated a number of other members, but after the "troll-gate" fiasco last august and the campaign to get me banned i consciously reassessed how i portrayed myself in our community. i decided to discontinue creating topics and restrict my novelty to the occasional status update (usually in the form of musical lyrics or an inspiring quote) but still that didn't seem good enough to some members.

i've been accused of being a troll too many times to count (it got so common it would seem that people would only do it to try and provoke a reaction out of me, rarely succeeding)  and that does hurt my feelings because i am not a troll, i admit that some of my earlier topics were borderline 'trollish' (unbeknownst to me at the time) but since [ban frizz] i really have tried to turn my 'trollish' image around, without sacrificing my individuality. 

i feel i have made legitimate contributions to a number of discussions and still i'm accused of 'trolling', especially by some of the newer members who joined our community after i had reformed.

i felt the need to create this topic due largely to the fact that i feel i have been subjected to seemingly unrelentless cyberbullying (albeit only mildly abusive but still effective in causing me anxiety and psychological distress) from a number of members, i don't want to sound dramatic by throwing the word 'cyberbully' out there but i do think it's a rather accurate description of this situation.

i am a legitimate member of this community, i make legitimate contributions and i deserve the tolerance and the mutual respect i show every member of this forum, though i know that i am not perfect had have on occasion retaliated in somewhat childish ways, overall i do try to rise above it and "keep calm and persevere".

thank you

also, i don't want to be accused of provoking another 'flame war', this topic was intended for genuine discussion.

i love it here and certainly don't ever want to leave and overall i feel accepted by the community but it is an issue that needs to be addressed because it doesn't seem to ever disappear.

again this isn't a platform to continue the nonsense, i genuinely want resolution. 

“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Posted Image

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

I'm sorry if I ever called you a troll Frizz.  I only meant it in the sense that you seem to be having a bit of fun with certain comments.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Posted Image

this is exactly what i was referring too, i am dismissed and even mocked.

- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

I'm sorry if I ever called you a troll Frizz.  I only meant it in the sense that you seem to be having a bit of fun with certain comments.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

thank you kombaticus.

- Alexander McQueen

WithoutCoincidence

WithoutCoincidence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationSomewhere above Zero Latitude.

I've never had a problem with Frizz. Some people are just genuinely always happy, and while I myself certainly can't imagine living like that, good for you.

The universe has gone from unimaginable, featureless heat to complexity and it will return in time to unimaginable, featureless cold.

-Chris Impey, How It Ends

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • 4,685 posts
Bearing in mind today you told someone they should "go back to Africa", I'd say you haven't really got much room to talk. I've never noticed anyone bullying you, but if you post offensive, xenophobic, or otherwise derogatory remarks about people, they're more than likely going to put you straight.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,221 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

I remember there being some harsh words in one thread a while ago...

I'd rather we put it behind us. Frizz isn't a troll.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
Frizz, I am truly sorry if I ever called you a troll. If I did, I wasn't in any way attempting to mean you any distress. I most certainly never wanted you, or anyone, for that matter, to feel anxious or psychologically distressed. I agree wholeheartedly with you that you deserve the same mutual respect that you give to everyone else. After all, doesn't everyone? No one deserves to be judged based on what they have done. Rather, we should try to judge based on what they're trying to do, and how they are currently trying to carry themselves. There is also no reason you should be banned, least of all due to some whimsical topics and comments. I mean, did you some hardcore trolling, like I've heard Shimmy did? Did you tell people to go out onto the streets and riot, like Markomarkh? Did you post insanely inappropriate topics, ala koreanboss? You are a human being too. You have emotions. You're a good natured person, who is perpetually happy. If you were to be straight laced, it wouldn't fit you, whereas it would fit other members of the forum. I don't think that this issue is one that should be dismissed straight away, ayubelwishi. This is someone's emotions that were dealing with. They shouldn't be played with like a toy. If you were in his shoes, you wouldn't necessarily want that, would you? Now Frizz, go out there, and walk with your head up high and without a car of what others think of you, for you are your own human being, and you, and only you, can decide how best to go about your business. Don't mind those who want you banned. They don't realise that you can bring meaningful opinions to the table. So show them that you can. Show them that you know what you're talking about, and that there's more going on in your head than Katy Perry and quotes. :) ConorT99. P.S. I don't think saying that ayubelwishi should go back to Africa is a wise thing to say. Perhaps that may have been why he posted what he posted.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Bradley

Bradley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Bullying is bullshit

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

Frizz, I am truly sorry if I ever called you a troll. If I did, I wasn't in any way attempting to mean you any distress. I most certainly never wanted you, or anyone, for that matter, to feel anxious or psychologically distressed. I agree wholeheartedly with you that you deserve the same mutual respect that you give to everyone else. After all, doesn't everyone? No one deserves to be judged based on what they have done. Rather, we should try to judge based on what they're trying to do, and how they are currently trying to carry themselves. There is also no reason you should be banned, least of all due to some whimsical topics and comments. I mean, did you some hardcore trolling, like I've heard Shimmy did? Did you tell people to go out onto the streets and riot, like Markomarkh? Did you post insanely inappropriate topics, ala koreanboss? You are a human being too. You have emotions. You're a good natured person, who is perpetually happy. If you were to be straight laced, it wouldn't fit you, whereas it would fit other members of the forum. I don't think that this issue is one that should be dismissed straight away, ayubelwishi. This is someone's emotions that were dealing with. They shouldn't be played with like a toy. If you were in his shoes, you wouldn't necessarily want that, would you? Now Frizz, go out there, and walk with your head up high and without a car of what others think of you, for you are your own human being, and you, and only you, can decide how best to go about your business. Don't mind those who want you banned. They don't realise that you can bring meaningful opinions to the table. So show them that you can. Show them that you know what you're talking about, and that there's more going on in your head than Katy Perry and quotes. :) ConorT99. P.S. I don't think saying that ayubelwishi should go back to Africa is a wise thing to say. Perhaps that may have been why he posted what he posted.

i appreciate it ConorT99 and my comment towards ayubelwhishi was completely inappropriate and unacceptable especially considering that i actively promote tolerance and mutual respect. there are no excuses for what i said, my feelings were hurt due to ayubelwhishi making a comment in which he called me "rude" and "harsh" and had accused me of being a troll.

i've apologised to ayubelwhishi via pm a number of times.

- Alexander McQueen

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-
So calling you rude, harsh and a troll has caused you to tell me to go back to Africa. You know how much of pussy that makes you sound? Its quite amusing on my behalf to be honest and quite amazing how so many people take into your petty whining. You think that's unacceptable? Calling you a faggot is unacceptable. Telling you that god hates fags and i hope you burn in hell is unacceptable. You are funny Frizz. I dont really give a fuck about your feelings anymore because they are absolute bullshit. You sound like my 7 year old brother to be honest. You are very funny indeed.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

I've never noticed anyone bullying you

i'm not trying to be argumentative but perhaps the reason you've never noticed any bullying behavior is because you tend to be the principal perpetrator behind it.

- Alexander McQueen

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

So calling you rude, harsh and a troll has caused you to tell me to go back to Africa.

i made that comment to hurt your feelings because you hurt mine with your comment, it was childish and i should know better and i do know better but that was the reason why i said it.

i'm sorry.

- Alexander McQueen

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

I have no idea about what went on here in August, but you came into my welcome thread and seemed to make vaguely trollish remarks.  This "oops I didn't mean it I am the victim :'-(" makes you seem disingenuous and manipulative on top of being trollish.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

I have no idea about what went on here in August, but you came into my welcome thread and seemed to make vaguely trollish remarks.  This "oops I didn't mean it I am the victim :'-(" makes you seem disingenuous and manipulative on top of being trollish.

i apologise, it was inappropriate to post that in your introduction thread.

i should've either posted it as a status update or in a quote thread or not at all.

in case you were wondering it was a quote from a astrology website regarding astrological aspects, i thought it was cute.

i'm sorry.

- Alexander McQueen

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

1. cyberbullying and general abuse directed at myself.

2. i understand that i am a polarising personality on the forums and have been since i joined last year,

3. i tend to be rather flamboyant and whimsical and had created topics about animals and astrology that had irritated a number of other members,

4. but after the "troll-gate" fiasco last august and the campaign to get me banned i consciously reassessed how i portrayed myself in our community.

5. i decided to discontinue creating topics and restrict my novelty to the occasional status update (usually in the form of musical lyrics or an inspiring quote) but still that didn't seem good enough to some members.

6. i've been accused of being a troll too many times to count (it got so common it would seem that people would only do it to try and provoke a reaction out of me, rarely succeeding)  and that does hurt my feelings because i am not a troll, i admit that some of my earlier topics were borderline 'trollish' (unbeknownst to me at the time) but since [ban frizz] i really have tried to turn my 'trollish' image around, without sacrificing my individuality. 

7. i feel i have made legitimate contributions to a number of discussions and still i'm accused of 'trolling', especially by some of the newer members who joined our community after i had reformed.

8. i felt the need to create this topic due largely to the fact that i feel i have been subjected to seemingly unrelentless cyberbullying (albeit only mildly abusive but still effective in causing me anxiety and psychological distress) from a number of members, i don't want to sound dramatic by throwing the word 'cyberbully' out there but i do think it's a rather accurate description of this situation.

9. i am a legitimate member of this community, i make legitimate contributions and i deserve the tolerance and the mutual respect i show every member of this forum, though i know that i am not perfect had have on occasion retaliated in somewhat childish ways, overall i do try to rise above it and "keep calm and persevere".

thank you

10. also, i don't want to be accused of provoking another 'flame war', this topic was intended for genuine discussion.

i love it here and certainly don't ever want to leave and overall i feel accepted by the community but it is an issue that needs to be addressed because it doesn't seem to ever disappear.

again this isn't a platform to continue the nonsense, i genuinely want resolution. 

1. Honestly, I think that cyberbullying and general abuse directed at anyone is atrocious. Thus, if something such as this is occurring, then it should be reported to the forum administrators so that the people who are doing the bullying and the abuse will be told to stop.

2. Honestly, I am not sure that you did anything to deserve such a polarizing reputation.

3. I honestly don't see a problem with any of this. If other members of this forum were irritated by these threads of yours, then it might have simply been an voerreaction on their part.

4. Good.

5. Honestly, I don't think that you needed to go that far. If you want to create topics, then please, go ahead. If anyone bullies you, then show me where and I will defend you, just like I think I previously did when Death or someone else on this forum insulted you. 6. Honestly, I don't think that you're a troll and I don't think that you deserve to be called one by anyone. Honestly, I don't even think that threads about animals and astrology in the off-topic section are "trollish". 7. In my honest opinion (and I've been on this forum for about a year by now), these accusations against you are untrue and thus should be stopped immediately.

8. I see what you mean in regards to this. :(

9. I agree with everything which you wrote here.

10. I definitely agree with you that this is a legitimate issue and topic for discussion.

As a side note, though, I apologize if this sounds offensive, but sometimes it might genuinely be a good idea to ignore cyberbullies if they are not making actual threats against you. Finally, in regards to bullying, I would like to say that I myself have been bullied, and in real life as well as online. That said, I think that a threat to push me down the stairs (which was actually a threat that someone made to me back when I was in eighth grade) is different in its severity from a woman telling me that I should go to a doctor and get myself "fixed" in order to stop wanting/desiring to become a woman (but without having this woman threaten me in any way; also, this is actually something which a woman on another forum genuinely told me about 1.5 or 2 months ago).

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

Yes, Frizz might have misbehaved here, but to be fair, you could have simply ignored him instead of insulting him.

Frizz

Frizz

• Members
  • 2,375 posts

1. cyberbullying and general abuse directed at myself.

2. i understand that i am a polarising personality on the forums and have been since i joined last year,

3. i tend to be rather flamboyant and whimsical and had created topics about animals and astrology that had irritated a number of other members,

4. but after the "troll-gate" fiasco last august and the campaign to get me banned i consciously reassessed how i portrayed myself in our community.

5. i decided to discontinue creating topics and restrict my novelty to the occasional status update (usually in the form of musical lyrics or an inspiring quote) but still that didn't seem good enough to some members.

6. i've been accused of being a troll too many times to count (it got so common it would seem that people would only do it to try and provoke a reaction out of me, rarely succeeding)  and that does hurt my feelings because i am not a troll, i admit that some of my earlier topics were borderline 'trollish' (unbeknownst to me at the time) but since [ban frizz] i really have tried to turn my 'trollish' image around, without sacrificing my individuality. 

7. i feel i have made legitimate contributions to a number of discussions and still i'm accused of 'trolling', especially by some of the newer members who joined our community after i had reformed.

8. i felt the need to create this topic due largely to the fact that i feel i have been subjected to seemingly unrelentless cyberbullying (albeit only mildly abusive but still effective in causing me anxiety and psychological distress) from a number of members, i don't want to sound dramatic by throwing the word 'cyberbully' out there but i do think it's a rather accurate description of this situation.

9. i am a legitimate member of this community, i make legitimate contributions and i deserve the tolerance and the mutual respect i show every member of this forum, though i know that i am not perfect had have on occasion retaliated in somewhat childish ways, overall i do try to rise above it and "keep calm and persevere".

thank you

10. also, i don't want to be accused of provoking another 'flame war', this topic was intended for genuine discussion.

1. Honestly, I think that cyberbullying and general abuse directed at anyone is atrocious. Thus, if something such as this is occurring, then it should be reported to the forum administrators so that the people who are doing the bullying and the abuse will be told to stop.

2. Honestly, I am not sure that you did anything to deserve such a polarizing reputation.

3. I honestly don't see a problem with any of this. If other members of this forum were irritated by these threads of yours, then it might have simply been an voerreaction on their part.

4. Good.

5. Honestly, I don't think that you needed to go that far. If you want to create topics, then please, go ahead. If anyone bullies you, then show me where and I will defend you, just like I think I previously did when Death or someone else on this forum insulted you. 6. Honestly, I don't think that you're a troll and I don't think that you deserve to be called one by anyone. Honestly, I don't even think that threads about animals and astrology in the off-topic section are "trollish". 7. In my honest opinion (and I've been on this forum for about a year by now), these accusations against you are untrue and thus should be stopped immediately.

8. I see what you mean in regards to this. :(

9. I agree with everything which you wrote here.

10. I definitely agree with you that this is a legitimate issue and topic for discussion.

As a side note, though, I apologize if this sounds offensive, but sometimes it might genuinely be a good idea to ignore cyberbullies if they are not making actual threats against you. Finally, in regards to bullying, I would like to say that I myself have been bullied, and in real life as well as online. That said, I think that a threat to push me down the stairs (which was actually a threat that someone made to me back when I was in eighth grade) is different in its severity from a woman telling me that I should go to a doctor and get myself "fixed" in order to stop wanting/desiring to become a woman (but without having this woman threaten me in any way; also, this is actually something which a woman on another forum genuinely told me about 1.5 or 2 months ago).

you are a true friend futurist, thank you for your support.

i genuinely appreciate it and i'm sorry for the bullying you've experienced yourself.

- Alexander McQueen

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts

1. you are a true friend futurist, thank you for your support.

2. i genuinely appreciate it and

3. i'm sorry for the bullying you've experienced yourself.

1. Merci beaucoup, Frizz. :D

2. Thank you. :)

3. Don't worry about it--after all, you are not the one who is responsible for this bullying, and frankly, I think that I myself have managed to deal with this bullying quite well, at least so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users