Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The future of gaming

gaming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,710 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
I'm not alone in saying that I'm stunned by the rapid rate of tech progress in recent years. One of the most visual examples is gaming, and a recent announcement, that of the archival disc, made me think Storage formats have tended to make huge leaps every so often. CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays... and the current generation uses the lattermost. As for the next generation of storage, we could be seeing massive changes in the way games are made. Archival Discs, for one, will soon allow game developers to cram up to a terabyte of data onto a single layer. Even more radical are these http://www.extremete...to-one-petabyte which can see us up to petabyte sized disks. Now let's slow down for a second. Game developers are already being strained just to fill up a Blu Ray. Imagine how high the cost of developing games could get when you're allotted a terabyte or a petabyte to work with. At the same time, what limits current games is that Blu Rays are sbout 25 GB per layer. With a petabyte of possible storage, we could be looking at games with worlds the size of small planets, or with true photorealism, or with 8k abilities, or who knows what else!
  • TheAsianGuy_LOL and SkyHize like this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

I'm not alone in saying that I'm stunned by the rapid rate of tech progress in recent years. One of the most visual examples is gaming, and a recent announcement, that of the archival disc, made me think Storage formats have tended to make huge leaps every so often. CDs, DVDs, Blu Rays... and the current generation uses the lattermost. As for the next generation of storage, we could be seeing massive changes in the way games are made. Archival Discs, for one, will soon allow game developers to cram up to a terabyte of data onto a single layer. Even more radical are these http://www.extremete...to-one-petabyte which can see us up to petabyte sized disks. Now let's slow down for a second. Game developers are already being strained just to fill up a Blu Ray. Imagine how high the cost of developing games could get when you're allotted a terabyte or a petabyte to work with. At the same time, what limits current games is that Blu Rays are sbout 25 GB per layer. With a petabyte of possible storage, we could be looking at games with worlds the size of small planets, or with true photorealism, or with 8k abilities, or who knows what else!

check this out. this will change a lot of things about the future of gaming.

imagine those big open word games where the characters are smart enough to respond to you like a real person it should make it more realistic and wait till VR gets into gaming. 

SickSpider

SickSpider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Here is the future....

Enjoy(not the end, but the cooncept;)

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

If VR turns out to be too intense for some people (which it will) a big part of gaming will just be focused on chilling out, immersion, and creativity.

For example, creating the perfect custom hangout, just for chilling out and hanging out with friends.

• SickSpider likes this
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

If VR turns out to be too intense for some people (which it will) a big part of gaming will just be focused on chilling out, immersion, and creativity.

For example, creating the perfect custom hangout, just for chilling out and hanging out with friends.

true but then again do you really think companies will care if the game will be too intense as long as they make money. 

SickSpider

SickSpider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

true but then again do you really think companies will care if the game will be too intense as long as they make money. 

I bet some companies will creat, lets say a shooter for the "gamers" and maybe an option to just walk around in the world and explore it without the killing, just for people to enjoy the walk in an unknown world, that could be neat too. That way it could be a chill place for friends tro meet and they will still get revanue from people just roaming the game world.

FTLVRM

FTLVRM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationCanada

I may be interested in the technology that will exist in the future, but I can’t say that I’m excited about the future of gaming. I would like to be excited, but it has been more than a decade since I was excited or optimistic about the future of the video game industry. I hate the way video games have evolved since the year 2000. I am moderately impressed by the evolution of the graphics in games, but I usually hate the gameplay and the storylines. I don’t think I am going to live long enough to see any significant gaming changes that I would like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users