Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

what is piotechnology and what will it do

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,623 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Don't bring magic into this. I have so many problems with fantasy and magic, I just don't want to hear it right now.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

No, Merlin in fact never used real magic. He was a time traveler from 2200-2300 who just happened to "time-crash" into the middle ages and the time machine he travelled on ceased to function anymore.

Even Merlin will be awestruck by the wonders of attoscale engineering.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,623 posts

If that's the case, he had the most defective technologies ever. 

Seriously, you have matter-altering magic but you don't use to to create utopia or to take power, no you use it only for fun and for self-benefit...

I mean I guess I can always forgive fantasy writers for this, but it gets somewhat irking at times. If I had an attotech "magic wand," fuck casting a Crucio curse to kill a baby, I'd use that shit to turn the wand into something else, then open a singularity and feed all people on Earth.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

^^ If we find a way to manipulate energy itself, then attoscale engineering may be possible.

i feel like every answer you give just opens up a new question. 

what is attoscale engineering ? i know atto is a measurement but what can we build with it  

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Lord Voldemort said something like this, "There is no good or evil, there is only power."

I am inclined to agree with the Dark Lord, however, I vehemently disagree with him using his power to inflict great suffering on people. I guess it comes down to the choice whether to use it for everyone benefit or use it for your own advantage.

So, choice is the great shaker and mover that tips the balance of everything. The choice you make depends on your life experience shaping how you view and respond to the world.

The mind is indeed fragile as a porcelain object tipping precariously at the edge of the table. 

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,623 posts

Lord Voldemort said something like this, "There is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak to seek it."

I am inclined to agree with the Dark Lord, however, I vehemently disagree with him using his power to inflict great suffering on people. I guess it comes down to the choice whether to use it for everyone benefit or use it for your own advantage.

So, choice is the great shaker and mover that tips the balance of everything. The choice you make depends on your life experience shaping how you view and respond to the world.

The mind is indeed fragile as a porcelain object tipping precariously at the edge of the table. 

Fixed, but regardless, true magic cannot be stopped by anything but magic. The wielder of magic/attotech shouldn't worry about things such as obstacles or distance. Attoscale engineering is manipulating sub-quark level of matter (jamesgegra, this answers your question), so you're dealing with quantum effects by this point.  If I want to be somewhere and I have attotech, goddammit I'ma be there instantly. If I want something gone half a universe away, it will be gone.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

But you'll have to be ready for the possibility that there may be someone out there who is as powerful as you are and will go to extreme lengths to destroy you simply because what you're doing with your power is an assault on his beliefs. This person will be the equivalent of modern day extreme fundamentalist but with the same abilities as you do.

Conflicts the far future will have devastation radiuses of thousands of light-years.

That's why I sincerely believe important, reality-altering decisions should be made by an impartial AI billions or even trillions of times more intelligent than the total human collective intelligence. I am not even sure we'll be granted rights to using attoscale "wands" without some sort of restrictions or conditions by imposed this all-seeing AI.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,623 posts

^ Chances are that by that time, we'll be so posthuman that using such tech for such purposes will be beneath us.

Raklian

Raklian

• Moderators
  • 7,020 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Perhaps so posthuman that we become the very all-seeing AI itself.

jamesgera

jamesgera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Lord Voldemort said something like this, "There is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak to seek it."

Fixed, but regardless, true magic cannot be stopped by anything but magic. The wielder of magic/attotech shouldn't worry about things such as obstacles or distance. Attoscale engineering is manipulating sub-quark level of matter (jamesgegra, this answers your question), so you're dealing with quantum effects by this point.  If I want to be somewhere and I have attotech, goddammit I'ma be there instantly. If I want something gone half a universe away, it will be gone.

there is no such thing as magic. magic is simply science that we can not understand yet

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 20,623 posts

there is no such thing as magic. magic is simply science that we can not understand yet

That's besides the point. The point is= magic is cool, but mages suck.

Apple Orange Juice

Apple Orange Juice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

What is it: Magic
What will it do: Magic

Can it alter space and time too ? To create worlds with FTL, unlimited energy etc ?

CyberMisterBeauty

CyberMisterBeauty

The most beautiful male in the universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationThe largest city of the year 2192,celebrating my 200th birthday

what does this mean what could we invent with this tech. 

Everything you can imagine, theroetically. For the next years though, we don't even know if Drexler nanomachines will be in the realm of fantasy or reality (due to issues created by atomic forces) so, well, this is really vague. We could reach picotechnology by 2070 or never reach it at all.

Thermodynamics dictates that we can't create nanomachines.

Despite this, there are nanomachines all around us, though we tend to call them viruses, bacteria, and cells. Also, we've developed nanomotors and nanoengines  of various efficiencies and nanostructures. To be perfectly honest, it's all really a matter of creating a shell and nanocomputers because we've already developed all the parts.

Are you sure of what you say? Which law of thermodynamics would oppose nanomachines?

Second.

http://rationalwiki..../Nanotechnology

Then again, it's RationalWiki, which is fast becoming the liberal version of Conservapedia.

I don`t agree when you sat that it`s impossible to create nanobots, since there are natural very small nanomachines like ribossomes and viruses so why would be impossible to create artifitial nanobots? Thermodynamics have nothing to do with building nanobots. And there are several news about the creations of nanobots.

And many people say that Wikpedia is not a reliable source of informations and knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users