Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World War I Thread

World War I 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 Russian Revolution world war war Spanish Flu

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,772 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

[November 9, 1919] Ongoing armed conflict in Europe one year after WW1 had ended
ht24g9lulox31.jpg?width=869&auto=webp&s=

New-York tribune. November 9, 1919, Page 26

• In the Baltic region there is a four-cornered struggle between the Lett and Esth nationalist troops, the German-Russian monarchist force of Colonel Bermondt, and the Bolsheviki.
  • South of Petrograd the alleged anti-Gerynan forces of General Yudenich are in contact with the "red" armies.
  • On the North Russian front the troops of the anti-Bolshevik Archangel government arc still "sticking it out" in spite of the withdrawal of the British expeditionary force.
  • In Eastern Russia Kolchak's army is suffering one defeat after another at the hands of the "reds."
  • In Southern Russia, there is the volunteer army of General Denikin making war on the "reds" and the Ukrainians.
  • In Volhynia and Podolia the troops of the Ukrainian directorate, under Symon Petlura, are facing the Bolsheviki on one side, the Poles on the other.
  • Along the Dvina, the Polish-Bolshevik war continues.
  • In Silesia, there is no actual fighting, but something very much like a truce between the Poles and Germans.
  • Hungary, what with the Romanian occupation and the White Terror, with its pogroms and wholesale executions, is very much in the state of war.
  • On the Adriatic fighting may start any moment between the Italians and Jugo-Slavs, with In Albania promiscuous fighting is going on, with Italians, French, Greeks, Serbians and Albanians participating.
  • In Albania promiscuous fighting is going on, with Italians, French, Greeks, Serbians and Albanians participating.
  • In Asia Minor, the Turkish nationalist forces of Mustappa Kemal Pasha are defying the Allies.

• Erowind likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • 10,058 posts

Wow. That sure called it correctly.  Of course, that was poor old Wilson's argument. Too bad that not enough people in the U.S. listened to him.

• Yuli Ban likes this

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 20,772 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

^ Perhaps due to our Eurocentricism, we don't realize they were also right here:

[August 5, 1919] Republican Senators predict that next World War will be caused by Imperial Japanese Expansion in China

6fgqjy05fne31.jpg?width=681&auto=webp&s=

I've some say that either the Japanese invasion of Manchuria in 1933 or the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937 are "better" starts to World War II than the German invasion of Poland. Maybe some day, the consensus will change on that.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

PhoenixRu

PhoenixRu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

I've some say that either the Japanese invasion of Manchuria in 1933 or the Second Sino-Japanese War of 1937 are "better" starts to World War II than the German invasion of Poland. Maybe some day, the consensus will change on that.

There is an opinion that future historians will just merge WWI and WWII into one war with a long truce in the middle, just like modern historians see the one single "Thirty Years' War" of 1618-1648 where contemporaries saw the complex tangle of individual wars, alliances, truces, and changing sides.

• Erowind likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World War I, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, Russian Revolution, world war, war, Spanish Flu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users