Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

These ads will disappear if you register on the forum

Photo

World War I Thread

World War I 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 Russian Revolution 20th century world war war

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,426 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

World War I is over, but the horrors of the 20th century have only just begun.

• Outlook likes this

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts

Fun fact: they say things come in threes, so World War 3 is inevitable. And while that's possibly true, it's woefully overlooking one basic fact: World War 2 was the third act. 

Act 1 wasn't World War 1. Act 1 was the Franco-Prussian War. That's what began the whole series of events that finally wrapped up on September 2nd, 1945. If World War 3 ever occurs, it'll be part of a new arc.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Outlook

Outlook

Arab Muslim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationBarbary Lands
I consider the first arc of our world war 3 was the war on terror. The very idea of it was strange; a war on a type of strategy used in assymetric warfare, and I think most of all it highlighted the west's inability to properly handle information flow, or at least the growing limits of free speech in the information age. This would later show itself to be exploited by Russia in the US elections, and growingly in the EU, by blowing on the fire of nationalism through sharing news of inconsequential effect but great reactionary potential, or making up news of consequential effects like statistics, with great reactionary potential.

The rise of Russia and China also began during this time, taking lessons of American failure and American success. If these two countries don't fall to domestic stresses, then the world will become a much more strange place.
  • Erowind likes this

The Prophet (saw) said: He who does not thank the people is not thankful to Allah.

Song to cure depression: https://youtu.be/9eCOLWnD5VM

Erowind

Erowind

Psychonaut, Aspiring Mathematician and Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationIn some cafe eating--yes eating--roasted coffee beans and reading semiotext(e)s
/\ And in the long term countries like Nigeria and India will start to come fully online too only adding to the pool of world powers. Although, I have doubts India specifically can actually survive climate change and the coming energy crisis.

Current status: slaving away for the math gods of Pythagoras VII.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts

Armistice - But Peace? I THE GREAT WAR Week 225

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World War I, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, Russian Revolution, 20th century, world war, war

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users