Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Virus Alert

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

caltrek

caltrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

I noticed that we were having some problems earlier today on the forum. One of the things I did was run a mal-ware detection sweep through my own system. My mal-ware software detected two items of suspicion. This is very unusual in that it normally comes up with  a no-detect.

So, if we are going to start poking around in the Ukraine, ISIS related sites, and criticising the NSA it would probably be a good idea to come up with a good virus protection strategy. I suspect the folks that run this site are way ahead of me in this regards, so I would definitely invite them to share their thoughts on how we can all be more effective in dealing with such threats - without giving away their deepst darkest secrets that might actually benefit prospective hackers.

Anybody else have any ideas on this point?

The principles of justice define an appropriate path between dogmatism and intolerance on the one side, and a reductionism which regards religion and morality as mere preferences on the other.   - John Rawls

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
I don't know, it's a difficult one really. Perhaps the introduction of a rule that would allow us only to share links approved by a trusted virus checker (Norton, etc.) would be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users