Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Computer Simulation Confirms the Possibility of Time Travel

Time Travel CTC Closed TImelike Curve

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

http://higherperspec...ime-travel.html

Physicists from the University of Queensland in Australia set out to simulate a computer experiment, which could prove the possibility of time travel at the quantum level, predicted in 1991. They managed to simulate the behavior of a single photon passing through a wormhole in space-time in the past and engaging with itself. Such a trajectory of a particle is called a closed timelike curve, i.e. a photon returns to the original space-time point and its worldline closes.

The researchers studied two scenarios. In the first, the particle passes through a wormhole, returning to the past, and interacts with itself. In the second scenario, the photon, forever enclosed in a closed timelike curve interacts with another, ordinary particle.

What difference does it make?

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
This is interesting, so retrocausality may impact things. Did they mention how such a wormhole could form? I was recently reading a way to test if the SMBH at the center of the milky way is a wormhole

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

They only ever say anything about quantum scale time travel and there are no implications about the possibility of macroscopic time travel.

The only direct implication I can see is that this could possibly be used for transferring information through time.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

tierbook

tierbook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationCharleston sc

They only ever say anything about quantum scale time travel and there are no implications about the possibility of macroscopic time travel.

The only direct implication I can see is that this could possibly be used for transferring information through time.

strictly speaking everything is information, remember that article awhile back about turning light into matter.

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

strictly speaking everything is information, remember that article awhile back about turning light into matter.

^ This. And if we can get the hang of that, we can basically travel FTL and time travel.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Mashallah

Mashallah

Transgender student

• Members
  • 2,332 posts
  • LocationSerbia

^ This. And if we can get the hang of that, we can basically travel FTL and time travel.

It would still allow only time travel to points in time where we left devices that create things from matter.

I don't like being lied to, but I'm also tired of The Truth.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

TheArchitect

TheArchitect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

The most interesting implications in my opinion would be devices that provide an insight into the near future. 

Put on your timewarp nanosuit and become the chosen one ultimate kung fu fighter.  :aikido:

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

It would still allow only time travel to points in time where we left devices that create things from matter.

No, it would only allow time travel through wormholes. They could be artificially generated possibly (good luck!) but strictly hypothetically speaking this is incorrect. If you could find a way to manipulate it you could build constructs at the subatomic scale.

This is interesting and reminds me I need to keep reading constructor theory

https://medium.com/t...ty-9b8281bc793a

/shameless plug.

I wonder if he has played around with the idea of multi temporal constructs that exist on separate closed time -like curves simultaneously

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

The most interesting implications in my opinion would be devices that provide an insight into the near future. 

Put on your timewarp nanosuit and become the chosen one ultimate kung fu fighter.  :aikido:

Then the world will turn into chaos with everyone knowing they don't have free will. It's something people would go insane about.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Time Travel, CTC, Closed TImelike Curve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users