Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Perpetual Motion Machines: A conspiracy of Denial!

perpetual Motion physics conspiracy

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl

In 1775, the Royal Academy of Sciences in Paris, made the statement that the Academy "will no longer accept or deal with proposals concerning perpetual motion."

The reasoning was that perpetual motion is impossible to achieve and that the search for it is time consuming and very expensive. According to the members of the academy, those bright minds dedicating their time and resources to this search, could be utilized much better in other, more reasonable endeavors

It doesn't matter that impractical prototypes of these machines have been around 100 years before the Academy was created or, that Nikola Telsa deemed that such a device is indeed probable and within our scientific reach,

A departure from known methods – possibility of a "self-acting" engine or machine, inanimate, yet capable, like a living being, of deriving energy from the medium – the ideal way of obtaining motive power.

The Motionless electromagnetic generator (MEG), granted a U.S. patent in 2002. [It] is most notable for claims of over-unity operation, a feat which would violate the first law of thermodynamics. Allegedly, the device can eventually sustain its operation in addition to powering a load without application of external electrical power, by extraction of vacuum energy from the immediate environment.

http://en.wikipedia....motion_machines

http://www.thisissom...tail/story.html

What do members think of the possibility of the existence of these machines and powerful corporations hurting their funding opportunities :cool: Such as the oil industry and electric industry?
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,123 posts
  • LocationLondon
A perpetual motion machine is complete fiction. It will never happen - not in a billion years. Not ever.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
So what do you call all of those devices?Fakes?
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Perpetual motion machines outright break the first and second laws of thermodynamics. They are physically impossible. This has got to be the stupidest conspiracy theory I've ever heard. jjf3, you have anti-establishment syndrome. Because you're a contrarian, whenever something is powerful, you are automatically paranoid of it. You will disregard all logic so you can oppose it. Conspiracy theories are false. Not a single one of them is true. Please enter the real world. Your assertion that corporations are in a conspiracy to stop the construction of perpetual motion machines is by far the stupidest thing you've said on this forum, and that's REALLY saying something. Just stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
I have to agree
Perpetual Motion Machines

are bolloks

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI

So what do you call all of those devices?Fakes?

Fakes. Yes.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
I must agree, I just thought it was weird that scientists by law couldn't study or try to make one. It's like saying you can't make an antigravity device or a time machine because its impossible to do so.

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I must agree, I just thought it was weird that scientists by law couldn't study or try to make one. It's like saying you can't make an antigravity device or a time machine because its impossible to do so.

What the hell are you talking about? It's not illegal to study this stuff. Look at what you read before you interpret it into something it's not. Stop WANTING to believe in conspiracy theories, no matter how ridiculous they are (which is the ONLY reason you do believe in them).

It says the science academy will no longer accept proposals of perpetual motion machines. Think. Just think for a second. There is nothing suspicious about this. If you still don't get it I'll spoon feed it to you: Perpetual motion BREAK THE LAWS OF PHYSICS AND SO CANNOT EXIST. If they're getting proposals of them, then it's just wasting their time.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
So does time machines and anti-gravity, but people on here think they might exist sometime in the future. If things don't have patents them then they are not protected by the government which means they likely won't get any funding. You never think about what might happen in the future do you? If humanity is supposed to evolve into hybrids then AIs and then sentient beings sometime in the future. Why is Perpetual Motion Machines any more crazy?

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

So does time machines and anti-gravity, but people on here think they might exist sometime in the future. If things don't have patents them then they are not protected by the government which means they likely won't get any funding. You never think about what might happen in the future do you? If humanity is supposed to evolve into hybrids then AIs and then sentient beings sometime in the future. Why is Perpetual Motion Machines any more crazy?

Because time machines don't break the laws of physics (as we understand them). "Anti-Gravity" means a lot of different things, but most of the time they too do not break the laws of physics (again, as we understand them).

Perpetual motion clearly does break the laws of physics. It breaks the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. Tell me jjf3, is are science academies conspiratorially suppressing my repeated proof of a Euclidean triange with TWO right angles?

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Why is Perpetual Motion Machines any more crazy?

Because they are scientifically impossible.

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,123 posts
  • LocationLondon
Read Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku, he does a great job of explaining why.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
It's actually known that a time machine might break the laws of physics not to mention all of the moral implications it brings. You could step on a plant and destroy the whole world. If that's not breaking the laws of physics and how the universe is apparently supposed to unfold i don't know what is! Some Anti-gravity aspects do appear close to breaking the laws of physics, but because people are finding new ways to do this it's obviously possible. The laws of physics will be updated through newer and newer discoveries. As we learn more and more about our world and our universe there are forces out there that we can't understand and are studying right now. I am open to the fact that anything could be possible with technology. And geometry was never my strong suit so i didn't understand your last sentence! Shoot me in the head OMG I don't know Geometry!!!!

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

It's actually known that a time machine might break the laws of physics not to mention all of the moral implications it brings. You could step on a plant and destroy the whole world. If that's not breaking the laws of physics and how the universe is apparently supposed to unfold i don't know what is!

Some Anti-gravity aspects do appear close to breaking the laws of physics, but because people are finding new ways to do this it's obviously possible.

The laws of physics will be updated through newer and newer discoveries. As we learn more and more about our world and our universe there are forces out there that we can't understand and are studying right now. I am open to the fact that anything could be possible with technology.

And geometry was never my strong suit so i didn't understand your last sentence! Shoot me in the head OMG I don't know Geometry!!!!

No, stop pissing me off with your ignorance. If you're actually interested in this stuff, then look it up. Don't make things up in your head and assume they're true. I don't know how many times I have told you this. I'll say it again, but in red: Stop making things up and assuming they're true.

Time machines don't break the laws of physics. There are certain logical paradoxes to them. But time travel itself does not break the laws of physics. By laws of physics I mean the actual laws of physics. I mean equations. You seem to think that they're philosophical thought experiments. They're not. Time travel does not violate any equations that we know of. Therefore they remain a slim possibility.

Anti-gravity is mostly a pop culture term so stop bringing it up. It may or may not break the laws of physics (again, these are equations, not thought experiments) depending on what definition of "anti-gravity" you're using.

Perpetual motion does break the laws of physics. It breaks these equations. It outright bypasses and therefore violates the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. If you don't know what these are, I urge you to look them up.

One more time: STOP MAKING THINGS UP AND ASSUMING THEY'RE TRUE. IF YOU'RE REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS STUFF THEN READ UP ON IT.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
I don't know why I am pissing you off so much, maybe if you were a little bit more open minded to what could possibly happen in the future. if humans are meant to build vast worlds that have infinite space and resources, it's not that science fiction to believe they can create energy out of nothing. Where could the big bang possibly have come from then? Currently the answer is...Something out of pretty much nothing. That's a force we don't understand at the moment.

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

I don't know why I am pissing you off so much, maybe if you were a little bit more open minded to what could possibly happen in the future. if humans are meant to build vast worlds that have infinite space and resources, it's not that science fiction to believe they can create energy out of nothing.

Where could the big bang possibly have come from then? Currently the answer is...Something out of pretty much nothing. That's a force we don't understand at the moment.

I'm speechless.

Have fun in your fantasy world where facts mean nothing.

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
Well currently there are no facts as to how the Big Bang came into being so i think your speechless because you cannot possibly answer the question.

Roh234

Roh234

Capitalism is the only way to survive.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Location11 Dimentional Hyperspace
Simplest way to expain it.

Wikipedia

• In any closed system, you cannot create new energy (first law of thermodynamics)
  • You always lose a little energy (second law of thermodynamics)
  • Therefore a machine cannot make more energy than it uses or even enough to keep itself operating

What is true, just, and beautiful is not determined by popular vote. The masses everywhere are ignorant, short-sighted, motivated by envy, and easy to fool. Democratic politicians must appeal to these masses in order to be elected. Whoever is the best demagogue will win. Almost by necessity, then, democracy will lead to the perversion of truth, justice and beauty. -Hans Hermann Hoppe

Dead Redshirt

Dead Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
I saw a fascinating documentary on the topic. Basically it shows the length these people will go to try to prove they work. Some of them are quite elaborate. Though, they probably only work while the camera's on. The fundamental aspect of them just don't work, and are a sham just the same as the cure-all tonics of the past.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton - 1950 - 2011

jjf3

jjf3

• Members
  • 2,046 posts
Yea a lot of the so-called "free energy devices" are easily botched. I saw one for sale on Ebay one time :laugh:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: perpetual, Motion, physics, conspiracy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users