Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2012 US Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
899 replies to this topic

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
It occurs to me that no matter how things go in this election there are going to be some seriously pissed off people. The venom in the voters this time is some seriously heavy stuff. Bush V Gore was hotly contested, but I've had the feeling that fox holes are being dug on this one. There are a lot of folk laying this one out as a sort of ultimatum for the USA to change make stride to save their relationship or it's 'bitter divorce time'. Thing in it's two side wanting the election to side with them. We mostly seem to grasp that this is more or less one side with differing ways of sinking us all but we've turned it into all or nothing us vs them. I'm expecting to hear at least some reports of vandalism. and the storm damaged areas are looking at an incoming nor' easter. Many of the people who are in those areas are likely to face trouble getting to vote, there are claims of vote rigging and fraud already. The fabris is strained and I'm wondering is we are about to hear a loud rip.
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

It occurs to me that no matter how things go in this election there are going to be some seriously pissed off people. The venom in the voters this time is some seriously heavy stuff. Bush V Gore was hotly contested, but I've had the feeling that fox holes are being dug on this one. There are a lot of folk laying this one out as a sort of ultimatum for the USA to change make stride to save their relationship or it's 'bitter divorce time'. Thing in it's two side wanting the election to side with them. We mostly seem to grasp that this is more or less one side with differing ways of sinking us all but we've turned it into all or nothing us vs them.

I'm expecting to hear at least some reports of vandalism. and the storm damaged areas are looking at an incoming nor' easter. Many of the people who are in those areas are likely to face trouble getting to vote, there are claims of vote rigging and fraud already.

The fabris is strained and I'm wondering is we are about to hear a loud rip.

Well, the economic climate definitely plays a role in the bitterness. Also it all started as soon as the Republicans started making accusations about Obama and calling him the Antichrist.
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

It occurs to me that no matter how things go in this election there are going to be some seriously pissed off people. The venom in the voters this time is some seriously heavy stuff. Bush V Gore was hotly contested, but I've had the feeling that fox holes are being dug on this one. There are a lot of folk laying this one out as a sort of ultimatum for the USA to change make stride to save their relationship or it's 'bitter divorce time'. Thing in it's two side wanting the election to side with them. We mostly seem to grasp that this is more or less one side with differing ways of sinking us all but we've turned it into all or nothing us vs them.

I'm expecting to hear at least some reports of vandalism. and the storm damaged areas are looking at an incoming nor' easter. Many of the people who are in those areas are likely to face trouble getting to vote, there are claims of vote rigging and fraud already.

The fabris is strained and I'm wondering is we are about to hear a loud rip.

Maybe the worst can happen is Federal troops in the streets where riots are the worst. It's happened during Vietnam and the probability of it happening again is just as real.
What are you without the sum of your parts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,153 posts
  • LocationLondon
Latest: Romney takes Kentucky and Indiana Obama takes Vermont Romney 19-3 Obama

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Romney - West Virginia and South Carolina 22-3 as of 7:50 PM EST More closings in 10 minutes

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,153 posts
  • LocationLondon

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Obama ahead in Ohio, 59% with 19% reporting. Florida constantly flip-flopping still.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
NJ has voting extended all the way until Friday. NBC is saying it'll be at the end of the week call for my state but CBS already projected Obama. :p Kinda obvious anyway

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
AAAAAAGH you could practically cut the tension with a knife... :banghead:
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
NBC so far - 162 to 162! Northeast is draped in blue! Dat Florida margin!

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
YES! Todd Akin IS OUT! NBC projection.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

YES! Todd Akin IS OUT! NBC projection.

One victory at a time!

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
GOP has not had a good night so far. No major surprising victories.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,179 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
I know it's early but I'm not only seeing Romney with higher numbers, but Republicans gained 6 seats in the house and dems lost three but dems gained 1 in senate and repubs lost two, and the one in as independent in senate. This shit better change. seriously I have a lot of republican qualities (and when I say republican I mean the real thing not the Evangelical Intrest party parading around in republican skins and calling themselves the GOP) but you either have to be evil of mentally retarded to think that any of these ass hats trying to take the reigns for the GOP have even said anything that isn't so unamerican and counter to the foundations of our government, that they should all be called out for treason, that they deserve to be seriously considered . I waited in line for half an hour to vote tonight and I took it seriously. I looked at every position and thought about the qualities that would serve the needs of this country best before marking the person for the job. I didn't party side with any group. There are Democrats, Libertarians and republicans on mine and they might look random but they most definately are not. And in all of it there were only two in options for republicans that made the cut. I though about writing in the green party but honestly I voting for the electoral college reps here and if it has to be written in there simply won't be enough people who'll know who the green party is to make a noticable blip in the tallies. I put my bail out plan away a few months back, with activists being detained without arrest and the siezing of citizen journalists recordings and imprisonment of the journalists for recording in public, I had very real concerns. But I'm looking at dusting the bail out plan again. If the country actually willingly throws in with the mysogynistic, theocratic, plutocrats then I'm fairly sure this country is not for me and the internal rot has set in deep.
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
NBC calling it. Obama has been re-elected!

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
Obamamamadingdong has been reelected! Suck it, Romneh! :yahoo:

CamGoldenGun

CamGoldenGun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray, AB. Canada.
phew, now maybe Obama will find some courage and not try and "work with Republicans" and just do what he was elected to do 4 years ago.

NightWolf235

NightWolf235

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSouth Brunswick, NJ
For any of you still under Romnesia, Obamacare covers pre-existing medical conditions. :prankster:

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth
America is gone. Brace yourselves, guys. Obama will destroy this country. *cries*

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Some other good stuff!
  • Maryland just approved same-sex marriage the 8th US state to do so.
  • Maine also just approved same-sex marriage, 9th state in the US to do so.
  • Washington becomes the FIRST state to legalize marijuana. Colorado as well as second. Not just medical, the recreational use of it.
  • Medical marijuana approved in Massachusetts.
  • Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin won and is the first openly gay US senator.
  • Mazie Hirono of Hawaii won and is the first female senator from Hawaii, first senator born in Japan, and first Buddhist senator.
  • Smoking ban in North Dakota approved.
  • Jersey approved a $750 million bond for universities.
  • AND some science representation! Rush Holt, a physicist and professor, won in New Jersey's 12th congressional district.
Quite a satisfying night. :D PROGRESS!

EDIT: ALSO an interesting and overlooked story through all the fun. - 65% of Puerto Ricans vote in favor of statehood today! http://www.chron.com...nor-4012422.php

Edited by Cody930, 07 November 2012 - 06:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users