Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2012 US Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
899 replies to this topic

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
Thus I hope the Obama win stays, but what the fuck happened in the house? I'm glad to see the senate matching party line with the president as it helps things a bit when it comes to appointing people and vetoes. But Is it just me that sees the problem in the very party that filibustered every damn thing the democrats brought to the table for the last four years, suddenly taking over the congress. I forsee a boat load of crazy crap being crammed through congress with republican evangelicals pushing for them all with their majority. Then it's up to the president to spend all his time shooting things down and the senate backing him up. They still won't be able to do anything because the only thing coming out of congress will be codes broken from the king james version of the bible that reveal the secrets to bring the second coming to earth.
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Normally I don't give a shit about elections, but in this case I'm actually a bit happy that we didn't elect a billionaire Mormon nutcase who believes in magic underwear and that airplanes should have windows that roll down in case of fires.

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
Posted Image

I have been awake all night! lol I made it ! Congrats to Obama and to all the democrats on this forum!

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,179 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
I looks like this election has made some major changes already:

New Hampshire made history on Tuesday, electing the first-ever all-women delegation.
gay marriage has been approved in Maryland, Maine and Washington State and an effort to prohibit it in Minnesota defeated.

Mass legalized medical marijuana joining 17 other states that allow it.

In a groundbreaking move, Colorado and Washington voters have passed referendums legalizing marijuana for recreational use.

In California, voters were deciding whether to repeal the state's death penalty and replace it with life in prison without the possibility of parole. If passed, the 726 inmates on death row in the state would have their sentences commuted to life in prison.

California voters also were determining whether the state should become the first to require that foods made from genetically modified ingredients be labeled. (no data on which way that one went.)
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
I didn't know, about those other votes. It seems USA got really nice package along with Obama.
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationLake Wanaka, New Zealand, 2025 C.E.

I looks like this election has made some major changes already:

New Hampshire made history on Tuesday, electing the first-ever all-women delegation.
gay marriage has been approved in Maryland, Maine and Washington State and an effort to prohibit it in Minnesota defeated.

Mass legalized medical marijuana joining 17 other states that allow it.

In a groundbreaking move, Colorado and Washington voters have passed referendums legalizing marijuana for recreational use.

In California, voters were deciding whether to repeal the state's death penalty and replace it with life in prison without the possibility of parole. If passed, the 726 inmates on death row in the state would have their sentences commuted to life in prison.

California voters also were determining whether the state should become the first to require that foods made from genetically modified ingredients be labeled. (no data on which way that one went.)

Wow, thats what i call a difference already kj and Congrats Obama may your 4 more years be better than the last.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts
the prediction about obama being re-elected became true!

Lux

Lux

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I am afraid that some narcissistic madman with reactionary political convictions decides to wrap himself in the American flag and either try to assassinate the president or (worse) to kill people seen as affiliated with the president. I am sure Breivik has inspired lots of looneys in America who are living in shelters with 500 assault rifles, 1000 grenades and one tank.

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts
  • LocationLake Wanaka, New Zealand, 2025 C.E.
Victorious Obama: 'Best to come'

US President Barack Obama has pledged "the best is yet to come", after a decisive re-election victory over Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20240953

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Deoxy Starchaser

Deoxy Starchaser

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMalta
Even on a science forum people still think voting does something? =/

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
It does. The popular vote heavily influences the electoral college, so it's definitely worth a shot.
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

skiier4384

skiier4384

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Puerto Rico Approves Statehood

Lost in the election results was that, for the first time in it's history, Puerto Rico has passed a referendum that would make them the 51st state pending Congressional approval.

http://www.washingto...oves-statehood/

Edited by skiier4384, 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM.

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,179 posts
the GMO labeling didn't pass. And Congress is little different than it was last term, still filled and dominated by crazy nut monkeys who like to filibuster just to opposed democrats or because the suggested bills don't mesh with the bible. And a few steps backward happened in a few states. It really is a matter of just having to wait and see what happens with these next four years. Meanwhile it's time to get the troops together again now that the bipartisans are satisfied and wandering away from political activism now that they are 'safe'. There is still a very great deal that is broken in the system and that needs work.

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
The last senate seat was called - Republican Rep. Rick Berg has conceded the North Dakota Senate election to Democrat Heidi Heitkamp. Thus democrats gained net 3 seats while republican lost 2. 53 democrats, 45 republicans, and 2 independents. The House - Still several to be called by democrats gained net 6 seats so far at 192 seats and republicans lost 1 at 233 seats.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 3,179 posts
Yeah the senate changed, and I think for the better, it will facilitate actual doing things rather than opposing the other side. But it's the house that worries me. It's full of people that are more than happy to stall anything for four years just so they get to make it clear that the other side still 'lost' even when they 'won' the elections they did. Somewhere in all of this the people who so gleefully declared their greatest purpose to be making sure the Presidents first term was his only term, they have forgotten that we gave them the job to serve the people and to see to governance. This sort of thing is exactly why I say that by the end of the next 48 years I doubt very much that the two party system or the specific republicans and democrats will be in place.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US

Yeah the senate changed, and I think for the better, it will facilitate actual doing things rather than opposing the other side. But it's the house that worries me. It's full of people that are more than happy to stall anything for four years just so they get to make it clear that the other side still 'lost' even when they 'won' the elections they did.

Somewhere in all of this the people who so gleefully declared their greatest purpose to be making sure the Presidents first term was his only term, they have forgotten that we gave them the job to serve the people and to see to governance.

This sort of thing is exactly why I say that by the end of the next 48 years I doubt very much that the two party system or the specific republicans and democrats will be in place.

The party system will change I agree. I see the parties either splitting into their major factions or morphing into other future ideological ideas as time moves on.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

LowLevelFunctionary

LowLevelFunctionary

The Classical Liberal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Fantastic campaign by Romney. Heartbreaking to see him lose, particularly when he deserved it. Time for four more years of disappointment. Jeb Bush 2016.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
Megatron for world domination 2016!
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
Also, record number of women in the senate too - 20.

BM-91

BM-91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
dammint and i was really hoping Jill Stein would be annouced the winner of this election. I suppose a trip to Washington or Colorado is in order to "forget my troubles" :smoke:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users