Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2012 US Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
899 replies to this topic

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably
Woa. It just occured to me that if Puerto Rico becomes a state, we would then have a legitimate reason to kick out Texas- brings us back down to 50 states. We need to maintain our image, you know. Plus, there's the obvious advantage that Texas goes away and becomes its own nation that totally isn't cramping our style. Wouldn't that be something?
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Woa. It just occured to me that if Puerto Rico becomes a state, we would then have a legitimate reason to kick out Texas- brings us back down to 50 states. We need to maintain our image, you know. Plus, there's the obvious advantage that Texas goes away and becomes its own nation that totally isn't cramping our style.

Wouldn't that be something?

Dude, EVanimations, don't say such things man. Can you imagine how awful Texas would be as its own country? All we would have going for us is our food!

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,705 posts

Dude, EVanimations, don't say such things man. Can you imagine how awful Texas would be as its own country? All we would have going for us is our food!

Yeah, it would be pretty bad I guess, but it wouldn't be America's problem anymore. And let's not forget that a country's success depends on its access to food technology.
I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationThe Sol System, 7 Billion C.E.
If Puerto Rico becomes the 51st State the flag will look like this

Posted Image

Also see here: - http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Edited by Time_Traveller, 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

Craven

Craven

Elephant in the forest

• Members
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationPoland, Cracow
Unless you kick out Texas ;)
"I walk alone and do no evil, having only a few wishes, just like an elephant in the forest."

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

Cody930

Cody930

An Apple Pie from Scratch

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
The Second Republic of Texas shall rise! In other news, now Washington officially joins MD and ME in allowing same-sex marriage.

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,705 posts
If Texas were to secede from the union it would be something as AronRa describes it. I didn't know any of this. Truly, TRULY terrifying stuff.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
:o

"Since we first emerged, a few million years ago in East Africa, we have meandered our way around the planet. There are now people on every continent and the remotest islands, from pole to pole, from Mount Everest to the Dead Sea, on the ocean bottoms and even, occasionally, in residence 200 miles up - humans, like the gods of old, living in the sky."

Avanti

Avanti

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
inane

i have seen some things which look promising, like this:

http://www.wnd.com/2...transformation/

i hope obama goes in this direction, it will be good for my kin.

Cody930

Cody930

• Moderators
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, US
So with Florida finally called, the map is complete at 332-206 with Obama having 61,711,576 votes and Romney with 58,508,804. Obama only lost Indiana and North Carolina from 2008.
Posted Image

kjaggard

kjaggard

Artificer

• Moderators
  • 2,991 posts
  • Locationwhere fanciful imaginings and hard won knowledge meet to genesis the future.
Posted Image

Edited by kjaggard, 10 November 2012 - 10:06 PM.

• wjfox likes this
Live content within small means. Seek elegance rather than luxury, Grace over fashion and wealth over riches.
Listen to clouds and mountains, children and sages. Act bravely, think boldly.
Await occasions, never make haste. Find wonder and awe, by experiencing the everyday.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,689 posts
  • LocationLondon
Hahaha. http://disappearingromney.com/

Casey

Casey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
Well, this thread is taking a turn for the petty.

Kombaticus

Kombaticus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Well, this thread is taking a turn for the petty.

I know you are but what am I?

"Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is an illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and I am content." -Conan the Cimmerian

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

This topic is a little old, but in regards to Ron (and Rand) Paul, I admire him, and I would probably vote for him to be my Congressman or Senator if he was running for office where I live. However, I would probably not vote for him for U.S. President, since while I admire the fact that he frequently focuses on and defends individual rights and civil liberties, I am afraid that he might be too brash and reckless in making big decisions if elected, not to mention the fact that he might be unelectable.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

You've gotta be kidding me. People vote for Ron Paul because of his economic policies. People vote for Barack Obama because he has good propaganda slogans.

Yep. Heck, even Obama's campaign logo (or whatever you call it) portrays him as having a halo when he is standing in front of it in the correct spot.

Sciencerocks

Sciencerocks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,326 posts

Corporations like GOOGLE, Apple, Microsoft, intel, Samsung, telsa, ford, ect are some of the biggest drivers of innovation that we love. Certainly we should hold them to a high standard but they're important.

Ru1138

Ru1138

• Members
  • 3,190 posts
  • LocationIllinois

My thoughts on Ron Paul (and his son, Rand) can be summed up with http://www.reddit.co...hPaulSpam/]this[/url] page.

• Synthcraft likes this

What difference does it make?

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas

http://forum.bodybui...47573233&page=1
Amazing

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Synthcraft

Synthcraft

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted Image

Enough said. This guy is the plaything of schizo conspiracy theorists and right-libertarians.

• Ru1138 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users