Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should the 'like' feature return?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the 'like' feature return? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the 'like' feature return?

1. Yes (20 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (2 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. I don't mind either way (3 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

4. I don't know/indecisive (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts
My belief is that the 'like' feature is currently missing from the forums due to some sort of glitch it causes. However, I have seen more than one user commenting that they do not wish for it to return because its absence provokes more contribution and discussion on threads. For example, users going more in-depth with their opinions instead of just 'liking' a post and leaving the thread.

Personally, I don't mind if it comes back or not. I'd happily use it if it returned, but I'd have no problem with it going for good either.

Would be interesting to know what other users think.

Smeargle

Smeargle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLuckiest city in the UK
I think if the likes come back it should be so that people can only like my posts.

ARADIA: i think i mostly want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Supported. It's useful to, well, tell people that their post was well-thought-out or good in some other way.

I think if the likes come back it should be so that people can only like my posts.

I think you'd have to contribute to the forum before anyone will like your posts...

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Yes; frankly, I enjoy seeing which forumites here like which of my comments the most.

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Absolutely, perhaps to alleviate the concerns of some it should be limited to 3 likes per day or some such so people have to think through their likes more.

zEVerzan

zEVerzan

Orange Animating Android

• Members
  • 3,743 posts
  • LocationSome Underground Sweatshop Probably

I think you'd have to contribute to the forum before anyone will like your posts...

REKT

I support bringing back the "like" feature. I was originally for keeping it down, but now that it's gone I miss it. It was nice to have so that you didn't have to go around replying "+1" to everything that you agree with.

I always imagined the future as a time of more reason, empathy, and peace, not less. It's time for a change.
Attention is currency in the "free marketplace of ideas".
I do other stuff besides gripe about the future! Twitter Youtube DeviantArt +-PATREON-+

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I would like to have that. I can read a good thread, but if I don't have a response, I can like it to know I have read and approve of it.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
I also think it should be brought back. However, it should be under the condition that you can't go around and spam likes on a user's posts, for either trolling or for some strange display of loyalty. And perhaps we shouldn't go liking non-important posts.
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

No, this is not facebook. i prefer an elaboration of agreements.

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationLondon

I am strongly in favour of its return. Maybe if enough people send Caiman a PM he will do something...

Raklian

Raklian

An Immortal In The Making

• Moderators
  • 7,289 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

I am very much in favor as well. Let's bring this feature back sooner than we know it.

What are you without the sum of your parts?

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

I also think it should be brought back. However, it should be under the condition that you can't go around and spam likes on a user's posts, for either trolling or for some strange display of loyalty. And perhaps we shouldn't go liking non-important posts.

^ Definitely.

No, this is not facebook. i prefer an elaboration of agreements.

Lol, you're back :D.

I am strongly in favour of its return. Maybe if enough people send Caiman a PM he will do something...

But won't that spam him? Trying to be considerate after all the hard work he'd done :).

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Mike the average

Mike the average

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
By any chance if Caiman removed it deliberately, I wouldn't mind hearing his opinion, it might a very good one? im a fan of Like, but doesn't mean ive thought of every scenario.
'Force always attracts men of low morality' - Einstein
'Great spirits always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' - Einstein

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

By any chance if Caiman removed it deliberately, I wouldn't mind hearing his opinion, it might a very good one? im a fan of Like, but doesn't mean ive thought of every scenario.

It was causing a database error, that's all.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
Sorry it's back now.

~Jon

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationLondon

Awesome :biggrin:

PrimordialBeing

PrimordialBeing

Why are you bothering to look at this? Go read my post.

• Members
  • 2,468 posts

Sorry it's back now.

01183.jpg
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for life" -Terry Pratchett
"And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"-Friedrich Nietzsche
"The biggest risk is not taking any risk.. In a world that is changing quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks* - Mark Zuckerberg

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Sorry it's back now.

We were going to prepare a public execution. You were lucky.

On the serious note, thanks!

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

BTW, you can now see how many 'likes' you've received on your profile, and it also displays in the top posters list too. 

~Jon

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
Now I have to up my likes:posts ratio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users