Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Inaccuracy with one particular prediction and probably more

Inaccuracy Prediction 4K HD UHD 8K

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

When browsing through the updates on the timeline, I noticed that Ultra HDTV or 8K or 4320p TV with 16 times the resolution of HD being common in households in 2020 is rather inaccurate. 

4K TVs which are 2160p are just now being introduced and are extremely expensive. Hell, even HDTVs are only now getting adopted by low income families. 

By 2020, 4K TVs will start to get adopted in more and more families, not 8K. That would probably take another several years.

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

Unity

Unity

Information Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
Is it possible to make it so people can edit the timeline but only members with over 1000 posts?

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationLondon

Is it possible to make it so people can edit the timeline but only members with over 1000 posts?

No, that would be disastrous.

Italian Ufo

Italian Ufo

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

it is utopia 

FutureOfToday

FutureOfToday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Having 1000 posts doesn't make you an expert, it just means you've discussed the topic a lot. I wouldn't have a clue on what to do with the timeline. I'm not an expert, just someone who's interested in the future. Plus clashing political views, etc. would also likely cause conflicts. It should be left to someone who knows what they're doing.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

+9001

This would be an awesome idea, but how easy would it be to implement? Why would it be disastrous

Having 1000 posts doesn't make you an expert, it just means you've discussed the topic a lot. I wouldn't have a clue on what to do with the timeline. I'm not an expert, just someone who's interested in the future. Plus clashing political views, etc. would also likely cause conflicts. It should be left to someone who knows what they're doing.

It would be more neutral and complete if it is written by multiple people with different viewpoints. (I'm not saying the current timeline is horribly biased, just that more people could make it better)

Perhaps as a compromise, anyone with over 500 posts could edit the timeline, but the mods would have to approve changes.

?

A futuretimeline wiki (yes, I'm preaching about the greatness of wikis again) would be even better. Perhaps it should be at futuretimeline.wikia.com or futuretimeline.net/wiki/

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationLondon

Why would it be disastrous

Trust me when I say it would be a total, utter mess.

With all due respect to members here...

The standard of writing would plummet, the narrative style would be inconsistent, a hodge-podge of different views would lead to contradictions everywhere, the references would be totally messed up (and believe me, these are extremely intricate, laborious, and time-consuming). Images, videos, and links would be messed up. The site wouldn't feel like mine anymore. I know it's just a website to you — but for me, it's a major piece of creative work, and a huge personal achievement.

Absolutely zero percent chance of this happening.

Sorry to sound arrogant, but nobody knows this site better than I do, and it's best that it stays that way. People are more than welcome to send me their own predictions and if they're good enough, I'll include them.

Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban

Born Again Singularitarian

• Moderators
  • 22,221 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA
That's what the Potential Predictions Thread is for.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Why would it be disastrous

Trust me when I say it would be a total, utter mess.

With all due respect to members here...

The standard of writing would plummet, the narrative style would be inconsistent, a hodge-podge of different views would lead to contradictions everywhere, the references would be totally messed up (and believe me, these are extremely intricate, laborious, and time-consuming). Images, videos, and links would be messed up. The site wouldn't feel like mine anymore. I know it's just a website to you — but for me, it's a major piece of creative work, and a huge personal achievement.

Absolutely zero percent chance of this happening.

Sorry to sound arrogant, but nobody knows this site better than I do, and it's best that it stays that way. People are more than welcome to send me their own predictions and if they're good enough, I'll include them.

I found a beautiful analogy.

stalin-poster.jpg

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,580 posts
  • LocationLondon

ug1ugYc.gif

Zeitgeist123

Zeitgeist123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

as far as im concerned, this is wjfox work and this website his property (and i also can only imagine how laborious it is to create a website like this). we, the audience can only comment and provide feedback. not interrupt on the author's personal project.

“Philosophy is a pretty toy if one indulges in it with moderation at the right time of life. But if one pursues it further than one should, it is absolute ruin." - Callicles to Socrates

DJKiran

DJKiran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationUK

Can we get back on topic please? :p

Innovation and Change are the most important things in life

The Future is worth waiting for..... - Kiran Appiah 2011

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inaccuracy, Prediction, 4K, HD, UHD, 8K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users