Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

US Budget 2029

USA Budget The future Future NASA

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
During the 2020s, America had exited the 1970s and entered the 21st century. The people relied more on themselves rather than the government. Many people didn't want pensions and saved money (Goodbye SS and Medicare) and most children were enrolled in online schools (Goodbye DoE). Many other agencies were abolished because the public viewed it as an intrusion. The public supported a large transition of tax dollars from social welfare programs to technological programs. The pension programs grew quickly before they were abolished because of a higher life expectancy. When they were, the tax burden to GDP was chopped in half from an average of 18% to 9%.
Posted Image

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
Fun fact: Social security has never once contributed to the deficit. It usually runs a surplus. Second fun fact: If we ended all health care subsidies and enacted negotiable prices and then extended medicare to everyone, we could balance the budget. Third fun fact: You're an idiot for thinking that the Department of Education will be replaced by online schools.
  • eacao likes this

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Fun fact: Social security has never once contributed to the deficit. It usually runs a surplus.

Second fun fact: If we ended all health care subsidies and enacted negotiable prices and then extended medicare to everyone, we could balance the budget.

Third fun fact: You're an idiot for thinking that the Department of Education will be replaced by online schools.

It is predicted that Social Security will have its first deficit in 2017, and this is set in 2029. There's also been a lot of talk about abolishing the DoE lately.

Wesfky

Wesfky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
If you are so liberal with your predictions, why are there massive funding in NASA, surely private companies like Space X should be sufficient?

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

If you are so liberal with your predictions, why are there massive funding in NASA, surely private companies like Space X should be sufficient?

Mars.

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
Social Security is easy to fix. Simply take the cap off and people earning above $106,800 /year will have to pay into the program in perpetuity no matter how much money they make. And second, this who earn 1 million dollars a year or more; make them pay a little bit more.

And social security does not contribute to the deficit since there's enough money in it until the 2020's or something like that.

Posted Image
I'm a business man, that's all you need to know about me.

Wesfky

Wesfky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Mars.

What?

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Mars.

What?

He's saying that it would be impossible to go to Mars without the help of NASA.

Wesfky

Wesfky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
So the government is needed after all :)

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

So the government is needed after all :)

A country can't function without some form of government. That said, it can't be an intrusive one.

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Mars.

What?

He's saying that it would be impossible to go to Mars without the help of NASA.

Where is a company like SpaceX going to find over a trillion dollars?

Social Security is easy to fix. Simply take the cap off and people earning above $106,800 /year will have to pay into the program in perpetuity no matter how much money they make. And second, this who earn 1 million dollars a year or more; make them pay a little bit more.

And social security does not contribute to the deficit since there's enough money in it until the 2020's or something like that.

That sounds a lot like redistribution of wealth. It is predicted that Social Security will have its first deficit in 2017, and this is set in 2029.

Caiman

Caiman

Funky Duck

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

redistribution of wealth

Yeah. It's called tax.
  • Craven likes this

~Jon

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

That sounds a lot like redistribution of wealth. It is predicted that Social Security will have its first deficit in 2017, and this is set in 2029.

The wealth has been redistributed from the middle class and the working poor to the upper-middle class and the rich, namely those making million a year or more. You see that red line below? That's called stealing from the poor and middle class and redistributing it to the rich. That's right wing fraudulent stealing and it has to stop. Obama was forced to extend the Bush tax cuts because unemployment insurance was being held hostage by the Republicans in Congress.

Posted Image

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

The wealth has been redistributed from the middle class and the working poor to the upper-middle class and the rich, namely those making million a year or more. You see that red line below? That's called stealing from the poor and middle class and redistributing it to the rich. That's right wing fraudulent stealing and it has to stop. Obama was forced to extend the Bush tax cuts because unemployment insurance was being held hostage by the Republicans in Congress.

You do realize that an increase in income for one group is not an increase in taxes for another? In order to see who actually has a tax burden, we need to look at income relative to taxes:
Posted Image

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI

Posted Image

OK... I'm calling shenanigans on this graph...

Who is paying 66% of their income in taxes? The highest tax bracket in America pays just 35%, and even that is marginal, so it isn't even 35%.

Historically, that highest tax bracket has been far higher... from FDR through to Reagan, the highest tax bracket paid at least 70% of their income in taxes. Let's see... what happened when Reagan slashed that tax rate for the wealthiest Americans? Oh yeah, our debt rose. By a lot.

Posted Image
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Who is paying 66% of their income in taxes? The highest tax bracket in America pays just 35%, and even that is marginal, so it isn't even 35%.

Historically, that highest tax bracket has been far higher... from FDR through to Reagan, the highest tax bracket paid at least 70% of their income in taxes. Let's see... what happened when Reagan slashed that tax rate for the wealthiest Americans? Oh yeah, our debt rose. By a lot.

It doesn't say that people pay 66% of their income in taxes. It says the top 25% of all income earners make up 66% of all income but pay 85% of all taxes. Isn't that unfair? What happened when Reagan slashed the tax rate? We got out of the stagflation and into a mini-boom.

Innsertnamehere

Innsertnamehere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Cutting the tax just moved the debt into the governments pockets, allowing for marginal false growth......

Prolite

Prolite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

It doesn't say that people pay 66% of their income in taxes. It says the top 25% of all income earners make up 66% of all income but pay 85% of all taxes. Isn't that unfair? What happened when Reagan slashed the tax rate? We got out of the stagflation and into a mini-boom.

Did you see the graph I posted? It has to do with AFTER TAX INCOME, not before. We're talking about money that goes to Uncle Sam based on a certain tax bracket, not the aggregate of a tax group representing a summation of the whole of the tax payers. And your graph doesn't separate corporate income taxes from personal. LoL whata load of crap that is. You think people around here have never studied accounting before!? And since when do 13 yr old's study financial accounting? I can see the older right-wing crew over your shoulder. :cool:

Here's the FACTS:

Posted Image

Wesfky

Wesfky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

What happened when Reagan slashed the tax rate?

Ronald Reagan is evil, never speak of him again.

Zachemc2

Zachemc2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Did you see the graph I posted? It has to do with AFTER TAX INCOME, not before. We're talking about money that goes to Uncle Sam based on a certain tax bracket, not the aggregate of a tax group representing a summation of the whole of the tax payers. And your graph doesn't separate corporate income taxes from personal. LoL whata load of crap that is. You think people around here have never studied accounting before!? And since when do 13 yr old's study financial accounting? I can see the older right-wing crew over your shoulder. :cool:

After-tax income growth doesn't really tell me anything about the tax rate nor does it tell me anything about redistribution of wealth. Just income growth. It just tells me people are making more money.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USA, Budget, The future, Future, NASA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users