Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Humanity in the year 2587.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

So what will interstellar travel be like in the year 2587? Do you think we will have ships like the UNSC Infinity from Halo 4 and even ships like Star Destroyers?

How far do across space do you think we will be at that point? The Timeline states that by 2260 the Solar System will reach almost total colonization, so how far do you think we will be 327 years from then?

Will Earth be of the same quality as it was pre-industrialization due to the 2210 global rewilding effort? Will Earth look as gorgeous as it once was?

What kinds of planets do you think will we have colonized by then?

This is also far out there, but what kinds of alien species do you think we will have met at this point? Will we be beyond the point where it's like a Mass Effect scenario and humans don't really fit in?

What kinds of space stations do you think we will have constructed by then? Anything Elysium style? Anything Mass Effect Citadel style? Anything larger than the Mass Effect Citadel? Anything larger than Elysium?

What far will we have progressed by the year 2587?

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Mate, what's with your username

Anyway, it's difficult to predict 50 years ahead, let alone 550. I think that we'll colonise the asteroids in the Solar System long before we even consider settling another star. I'd like to think that we'll have contacted another species by then, but I don't have high hopes. The timing would have to be pretty amazing.

My username is just something random I thought up. Go figure.

Futurist

Futurist

Aspiring cross-dresser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, United States of America, Planet Earth

Anyway, it's difficult to predict 50 years ahead, let alone 550. I think that we'll colonise the asteroids in the Solar System long before we even consider settling another star. I'd like to think that we'll have contacted another species by then, but I don't have high hopes. The timing would have to be pretty amazing.

No offense, but your username isn't very appealing nor very creative/imaginative.

Calle

Calle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

No offense, but your username isn't very appealing nor very creative/imaginative.
He probably took around 4 seconds to write something random lol

Calle

Calle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Well I am hoping I be alive by then and report back :)

Ghostreaper

Ghostreaper

Hopelessly optimistic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands, UK

By 2500 I believe we will be working on plans for the first ever solar collection array to fully encompass Sol, I'd use it's other name but I didn't want to sound too overconfident that that is what it would be called.

“If the genius of invention were to reveal to-morrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought.” 

Nikola Tesla - New York World, May 19th 1907 

TheAsianGuy_LOL

TheAsianGuy_LOL

What's Up Homies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationThe Stars of Which to be Settled

By 2500 I believe we will be working on plans for the first ever solar collection array to fully encompass Sol, I'd use it's other name but I didn't want to sound too overconfident that that is what it would be called.

You mean Dyson sphere? That's way too early for that.

EDIT: Forgot about this, update on the new post.

Edited by TheAsianGuy_LOL, 18 September 2014 - 04:14 AM.

"We know Everything, but not Everything"~ Me

"Don't question what I know, question what I don't know."~ Me

"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will"~Italian UFO

Frizz

Frizz

fey pansexual alcoholic non-human

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
I hope humankind is exterminated long before then, and I doubt earth will ever recover the biodiversity lost do to the parasitic human race.
“Give me time and I’ll give you a revolution.”
- Alexander McQueen

SG-1

SG-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationUS - Arkansas
Are you freaking kidding me? Intelligence is more important than biodiversity. What good is a beautiful earth without humans to experience it? We can fix our mistakes

Hey.  Stop reading.  The post is over.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

I had a look at my own timeline (though that was mainly written for literary purposes, not complete accuracy).

To summarize, the moons in the outer Solar System and the Kuiper Belt have been heavily colonized and industrialized, with well over 300 million people living there. Large-scale colonization of the stars is beginning, with some star systems having hundreds of thousands of inhabitants. Primitive life was first observed in 2526, but no sentient civilizations have yet been contacted.

Of course, this is just the people of the outer solar system. The residents of the outer solar system had cut all ties with those of the inner solar system in 2186. In the inner Solar System (where every large body except Venus has been terraformed), the people have reverted to a tribal existence and lead lives similar to the Eloi (but without the Morlocks). Upgrades are forbidden on these worlds except for a roughly doubled lifespan and elimination of disease. On the contrary, in the outer solar system and stars, everyone is created with bioprinters. A wide range of upgrades are installed from birth, including complete agelessness, resistance to all known diseases, and basic knowledge (i.e. as much knowledge as everyone alive in 2014 combined).

For government, the people of the outer solar system are ruled by the Second Council, whose members are elected by consensus of the population, and they determine a course of action by consensus.

Okay, so maybe that wasn't exactly a summary of the 2500s on my timeline. More like two-thirds of the whole section...

Cosmic Cat

Cosmic Cat

Hibernating

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Location-

Futurist. Your name isn't that creative either. Especially on a Futurist forum.

Yalamix

Yalamix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brasil

I can see YOUR name is VERY creative and imaginative.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here. - Arthur C. Clarke

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Fine. Whatever. But don't use that as an excuse to ignore what I have to say.

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Sounds like a threat

But it's not.

:D

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

He probably took around 4 seconds to write something random lol

Not like that's a bad thing...

Lol.

JCO

JCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • LocationWA, USA

I hope humankind is exterminated long before then, and I doubt earth will ever recover the biodiversity lost do to the parasitic human race.

Go looking for the "After Man" videos on YouTube. If man were to vanish tomorrow, in 100 years it would be difficult to find most of human structures. In 500 years most cities would need to be excavated to know they were ever there. In 100 thousand years you would not be able to tell humanity existed by studying the distribution or diversity of species. Most of our effects on the Earth are important only in how they impact us. To nature we are an insignificant irritation that will learn to behave itself or evolution will choose against it.

By the way if you see no future for mankind why are you reading much less posting to a futurist forum?

Confirmed Agnostic - I know that I don't know for sure and I am almost certain no one else does either.

bee14ish

bee14ish

Psionic Reality-Warping God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationEarth

Why? 

I had a look at my own timeline (though that was mainly written for literary purposes, not complete accuracy).

To summarize, the moons in the outer Solar System and the Kuiper Belt have been heavily colonized and industrialized, with well over 300 million people living there. Large-scale colonization of the stars is beginning, with some star systems having hundreds of thousands of inhabitants. Primitive life was first observed in 2526, but no sentient civilizations have yet been contacted.

Of course, this is just the people of the outer solar system. The residents of the outer solar system had cut all ties with those of the inner solar system in 2186. In the inner Solar System (where every large body except Venus has been terraformed), the people have reverted to a tribal existence and lead lives similar to the Eloi (but without the Morlocks). Upgrades are forbidden on these worlds except for a roughly doubled lifespan and elimination of disease. On the contrary, in the outer solar system and stars, everyone is created with bioprinters. A wide range of upgrades are installed from birth, including complete agelessness, resistance to all known diseases, and basic knowledge (i.e. as much knowledge as everyone alive in 2014 combined).

For government, the people of the outer solar system are ruled by the Second Council, whose members are elected by consensus of the population, and they determine a course of action by consensus.

Okay, so maybe that wasn't exactly a summary of the 2500s on my timeline. More like two-thirds of the whole section...

Interesting, but what happened to cause this split? Hard to see humanity suffering something like that in just under 200 years.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,132 posts

Why? 

Interesting, but what happened to cause this split? Hard to see humanity suffering something like that in just under 200 years.

The cause of the split was mainly political. In the late 2100s, the outer Solar System was full of NET (NEw Technology supporters) who were in favor of prioritizing human expansion and industrialization while the inner Solar System has mostly home to GPM (Green Planet Movement) supporters, who supported first and foremost repairing the environment and living at one with nature (but retaining some types of technology that didn't interfere with that). So in the 2150s, GPM (who controlled the government and the Solar System at the time) started cracking down on not-so-envrionmentally-friendly industries on the moons of Saturn and Uranus. This escalated until the GPM sent a military force to destroy the industries on the Uranian moons. The industry leaders fled to Triton and formed the insurgent group NET, which gained popularity in the outer Solar System. NET began arming itself in the early 2160s and a Solar System-wide war was only averted by a diplomatic meeting on Io in 2166. However, a cold war between NET and GPM begins and lasts into the 2180s, when they finally tire of it and sign a treaty dividing the Solar System in half, with GPM fully controlling the inner Solar System and NET fully controlling the outer Solar System. NET is concerned that GPM supporters may sabotage their plans for the future and vice versa, so travel between the two halves of the Solar System ceases after 2200, splitting the two groups.

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

KaRdAsHeV~sCaLe

0.72 on the Kardashev scale and slowly getting more advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in this universe

Well, 2587 is a bit too specific, isn't it? So we won't (or might not) know what will exactly happen in that year. You could have said 26th century instead! :D

Counting down the days until 2050: 12,499 Humanity = 0.72 on the Kardashev scale
Counting down the days until 2100: 30,761
Counting down the days until 3000: 359,479

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

LastPersonYouWantToMeet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Well, 2587 is a bit too specific, isn't it? So we won't (or might not) know what will exactly happen in that year. You could have said 26th century instead! :D

Well, then what say you on the 26th century?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users