Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Neighborhood History

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
I have done some recent research about the history of the immediate area around where i live. there is not a whole lot but here is what ive found.

The name of my suburban subdivision is Coventry. The land where my subdivision was built on was originally owned by a guy named Owen Davis. One of the main outlets/roads was named this. It was a plantation in colonial times.

Not much else is known by me until the 1800's. The land hosted a civil war battlefield during the civil war. It was the first land battle in Virginia of the war.

Posted Image

The A is where i live. The resrivor pictured was built in 1918 to serve the military. It is still owned by the military. Langley Airforce base and NASA Langley is only a few kilometers away. I am under the flight path so i get F22s flying over all the time. Before the resrivor it was a small stream basin.

Posted Image

This is a map produced at the time for the battle of big bethel. i live at the top left quadrant.

This website describes the battle.
http://civilwartoday.../bigbethel.aspx

Posted Image

Aerial image taken in 1963 way before my subdivision was built.

Posted Image

Aerial image taken in 1994 during construction of my subdivion.

Posted Image

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Time_Traveller

Time_Traveller

Master of Time Travel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,218 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland, The Celtic Federation, 15th September, 2245 C.E.
Origins Tuffley is a suburb of the Greater Gloucester area, in the county of Gloucestershire. Recorded as Tuffley, Tufley, Tufly, Tuffel, Tuffill and possibly others, This suburb was once a village mentioned in the Doomsday Book of 1086 as 'Tuffelege', which suggests a meaning of Tuffa's farm, with Tuffa being an Olde English Pre 7th century personal name. To this was added the suffix 'leah,' meaning a fenced enclosure or farm. The Early Years In 1900 Lower Tuffley was moved into the Parish of Quedgeley There aren't any pictures because Tuffley was mostly fields before 1900.

“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”

Stephen Hawking

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
All my regions locales are named from Britan.

York, Glocuster, Suffolk, Norfolk. I live in York but go to Virginia beach for college

Posted Image

I go to Gloucester every now and then. Its on the other side of a toll bridge. One of its middle schools got run over by a tornado a few weeks back.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users