Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

green/ climate change section?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
Will I am surprised you haven't made a global warming section as most on here believe it to be an essential aspect of the future, that way the site wont be littered (pun intended) with global warming stuff it will all be in one spot. Lolz littered!
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

OrbitalResonance

OrbitalResonance

Cosmic Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationDeep Space
No.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers. - Carl Sagan

Shimmy

Shimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
It's not really a serious enough issue to warrant its own section. I mean we could have individual sections for global warming, cats wearing wellingtons, Samuel L Jacksons facial hair etc, but it would just end up being even more cluttered than how it currently is.

truthiness

truthiness

The Squire of Gothos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo MI
I think this is a good idea... there'd be overlap with existing sections, but I suppose that's already the case. What would it be called though? Maybe a generalist debate section where climate change, evolution, peak oil, the singularity, and anything else we keep coming back to could be found? A devoted debate section might be a logical addition to a website that deals with future predictions anyway...
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one

wjfox

wjfox

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,407 posts
  • LocationLondon
I've made a dedicated thread. We don't really have the traffic for an entire section yet. Maybe in a year or two.

http://www.futuretim...nd-discussions/

jjf3

jjf3

Not a Member of the Tea Party! Just a Concerned Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationHolmdel NJ/Tampa Fl
I know will would have made one and he did
"Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" Thomas Zarek-- Battlestar Galactica.

Unrequited Lust

Unrequited Lust

He Who Would Swallow God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
If there's no debate in the science community, I don't see why there should be a debate here. Should we have a section where we debate whether creationism should be an alternative to evolution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users